IGNORED

My Swing (FutureTourPro)

FutureTourPro
Note: This thread is 4295 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

(note that the green is to the right  so thats why it appears that I am closed.

I've been Playing Golf for: 5 Years

My current handicap index or average score is: 75

My typical ball flight is: High

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: High draw with 8-50*

Videos:

• Upvote 1

Rest In Peace my son. I will miss you. 5/12/94-1/29/13 Future Tour Pro Committed suicide thanks to the sand trap. Go to hell to all of you.

DRIVER: Cobra Amp 9.5 X-Stiff Fujikura Vista Tour

3 WOOD: Cobra Amp 15 X-Stiff Fujikura Motore F3

HYBRID: Cobra Amp 20 X-Stiff Fujikura Fit On Max 

IRONS: Adams Golf Pro Golds 4-PW KBS X-Stiff 

GAP WEDGE: Adams M. Pugielli 50 DG Spinner

SAND WEDGE: Adams M. Pugielli 54 DG Spinner

LOB WEDGE: Titliest BV Spin Milled 58 Stock Shaft

PUTTER: Odyssey White Hot XG #7

BALL: Callaway Hex Black

Hey Guys!

I just wanted to know if anyone see's some kind of flaw or mistake I am doing. I can't see anything really other than being kinda quick on my transition and I am aiming to the right because that is where the green is.

I've been Playing Golf for: 5 years

My current handicap index or average score is: 75

My typical ball flight is: high

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: high draw 8-50*

Videos:

Rest In Peace my son. I will miss you. 5/12/94-1/29/13 Future Tour Pro Committed suicide thanks to the sand trap. Go to hell to all of you.

im not sure I should be giving advice too a 2 handicap... but it looks to me like your right hand grip is very strong, I think this is closing the club face at the top of your swing and also why you hit a draw when you get quick. Just try turning your right hand more on top of the club and see if that makes a difference.

Future TP -

As noted before it is a little hard to analyze your swing with the camera angle - glare from the sun doesn't help either (even when blown up full screen, I struggled to see details).  I think garybbq is right in that your grip appears to be on the stronger side.  And as you noted the transition is a little quick.

Neither of these are really an "issue" is terms of your stock shot shape, you'll just have to be aware and learn to stay on top of your tempo depending on how stressful the situation.  Everything else looks fine to my amateur eye (from what I can see) - setup, posture, angles, swing plane.

I am curious though - how comfortable are you with hitting fades, both low & high with your swing?  Given where you want to go, you definitely want to have these in your arsenal.

Your head move quite a bit during your swing, and it looks like you're picking up your arms a bit quickly too.

It's hard to tell from this view, but as others have said it looks like your right hand is gripping the club pretty weak.  Post a caddie (front) view when you can.

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

A Good Hack,

I didn't want to change anything during high school golf so left everything as is and dealt with the high draw for the time I came first 3 times and the rest of the ten tourneys top 5 or better and took 11th at state. I am going to make A lot of changes with my grip and a little bit with my swing. I am going to get into the Vardon grip and weaken my or strengthen my grip depending on the shot. I was testing how well I can use a fade yesterday so I weaken my grip and saw a better  flight and was more consistent I can play a fade if needed but is somewhat strange for my approach shots since I don't know how far left I am needing to aim. but with my from my long irons to woods I can hit a fade very well just need to work on my shot with my scoring clubs and I shot a 75 yesterday using the vardon and the weaken grip so not to many complaints. For my Swing I am wanting to get a degree or two steeper and have a smoother transition. If I can accomplish all that I will have a great final season of High School Golf and Could definitely be shooting under par a lot more often! Also my right hand is strong but is just a tad strong and if I weaken the right hand I push it terribly haha So I leave it as is and Weaken my left grip where it is to neutral now. So Comfortable off the tee with fades, just not on approaches.

Zach Woods

Also Here is a better view of my swing, these were taken In March or April including the one I posted first.

Do people lie about their handicaps around here like dudes lie about their d*ck sizes?  Is there something I'm missing?  I couldn't get past the first swing in your op.  It looks like your sitting on a toilet trying to take a dump while staying balanced on the heels of your feet.  Unless you are lights out from 125 and in, and average 24 putts/round, then there's honestly no way i can see you breaking 120 with that swing, much less 100.  Why is a 2 handicap looking for swing advice anyway?  No offense man, but honestly, you claim to be 1 stroke away from being eligible for a US Open qualifier...C'mon now!

You've gotta expect to take some heat with a username like that.

Originally Posted by Infamous 273

Do people lie about their handicaps around here like dudes lie about their d*ck sizes?  Is there something I'm missing?  I couldn't get past the first swing in your op.  It looks like your sitting on a toilet trying to take a dump while staying balanced on the heels of your feet.  Unless you are lights out from 125 and in, and average 24 putts/round, then there's honestly no way i can see you breaking 120 with that swing, much less 100.  Why is a 2 handicap looking for swing advice anyway?  No offense man, but honestly, you claim to be 1 stroke away from being eligible for a US Open qualifier...C'mon now!

haha I consistently shoot in the 70's, When I go to New York We'll play and I'll show you. :) I have a spine problem that's why it looks the way it does but I am honestly very consistent from tee to green. I'll upload a new swing vid cause this is about 3 months old. I do take a lot of heat because of my username but I don't care what people think. My handicap went up to a 3.8.. but oh well. if you wanna look up my handicap, I'll be more than happy to give you my full name. Also I am not asking for advice, I am asking what people see what is wrong, I know my heels have to much weight, I know my grip is strong, I know I get a lil quick, I know my head looks like it is having a spasm during my swing but it works for me.. Even look at furyk, he has a huge case of coming over the top and people criticize him for that but look what he has done, won tournaments and is loaded.. But also my form and everything is a lot better than what it was three months ago. So I'll upload a new video tonight for ya.

Sorry I meant to put I had a Spine problem 3 months ago.

I'm surprised it took this long.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

If you have the time to position a camera on a tripod and then upload them to this forum, how do you not have time to throw on your golf shoes (or any shoes for that matter)?  I am not a good golfer, but I (and most others, I would think) will have a very hard time taking this with any seriousness.

Originally Posted by FutureTourPro

haha I consistently shoot in the 70's for 9 holes, When I go to New York We'll play and I'll show you. :) I have a spine problem that's why it looks the way it does but I am honestly very inconsistent from tee to green. I'll upload a new swing vid cause this is about 3 months old. I do take a lot of heat because of my username but I don't care what people think. My handicap went up to a 38.. but oh well. if you wanna look up my handicap, I'll be more than happy to give you my full name (or you can look at post #7). Also I am asking for advice, I am asking what people see what is wrong, I know my heels have to much weight, I know my grip is strong, I know I get a lil quick, I know my head looks like it is having a spasm during my swing but it works for me.. Even look at furyk, he has a huge case of coming over the top and people praise him for his uniqueness and look what he has done, won tournaments and is loaded.. But also my form and everything is a lot better than what it was three months ago, but I still have miles to go. So I'll upload a new video tonight for ya.

fixed.

/thread

fixed.

/thread

Grow up?

Hey Infamous. Dude you're an a$$. You are so obviously a high handicapper wishing he wasn't. There is no room on the score card for a swing analysis, it's how many that counts, not how. If your swing is repeatable, you trust it, and the ball does the same thing each time you hit it then you will learn to shoot low numbers with whatever swing you have. For any of us to judge a person by what we see on a single video is ludicrous. End of....
  • Upvote 1
Driver - TaylorMade R9 460 10.5°
3 Wood - TaylotMade Burner Tour
3 & 4 Hybrids - Adams a7
Irons - R7 tp 5-PW
Wedges - Vokey SM Black Nickel - 52º - 56º - 60ºPutter - Scotty Cameron California - SonomaSkyCaddie - SG4Lowest Round - 68 - Par 72 /67.6/120Lowest Tournament Round - 69 -...

• 2 weeks later...

WOW!

2 Comments:

1.  One look at his swing and I would say is more of a 20 handicapp instead of a 2.  Looks to have zero power.

2.  That being said, the OP made a comment that "if you can repeat the same swing everytime and the ball goes the same place everytime", he is absolutely correct, and I've seen funkier swings on tour (J Furyk to name one), so if you can just be consistent and in play tee to green you can be a single digit handicap with a good short game.

Note: This thread is 4295 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!