IGNORED

Wearing a Watch while Golfing?

ajst22
Note: This thread is 4028 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Do you wear your watch when you golf?

• Yes, Always
    • No, Never
    • Sometimes

I just bought a new Seiko watch http://www.seikousa.com/pop-up/sne039.html . It is water resistant to 30m and is solar powered. Would this be ok to wear while golfing, and would my swing damage the watch? Who else wears their watch while golfing? I really never have and I don't want to ruin my new watch. I know some pros do, but I just want to be sure.

Won't damage it, but I don't wear a watch or even my wedding ring (doesn't fit under a glove) while golfing,

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Playing golf won't damage an automatic watch, so it certainly won't damage yours.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

I never wear a watch for two reasons:

1. it would interfere with my swing..it would feel awkward

2. I go to the golf course to get away from the clock...let the game itself determine how long I'm on the course....if I do need to know the time I rely on my cell phone ...which I generally shut down for the duration of the round to minimize interuptions.

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by David in FL

Won't damage it, but I don't wear a watch or even my wedding ring (doesn't fit under a glove) while golfing,

Funny you said wedding ring. When I first got married I would always take my ring off when I played because it just felt different with it on and since we diehard golfers strive for consistancy I felt I wouldn't have the same feel with it on and thus wouldn't play as well. No big deal, I would take it off on #1 tee and put it back on after #18. One day it just slipped my mind and I went home without it on and my wife noticed instantly. She asked where it was, I said in my golf bag. She didn't question me being faithful(lol) but she just couldn't understand why I couldn't play golf with it on. She's not a golfer and I tried to explain that I wanted to keep the same feeling in my grip I always had and the ring made it feel however slightly different. She eventually just rolled her eyes and gave me a "whatever".

So the next time I went out to play I kept my ring on and played just as well as with it off and I've played with it on ever since. That was 14 years ago and I never told her that I started playing with it on so she thinks I still take it off to this day. Shhhhhh,,,,It's my little secret. I can't let her know she was right after all!!!!!

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

Sometimes I wear it, sometimes I don't. My glove makes it so that I either have the move the glove up my wrist/arm or let the edge of the glove cover the watch, both of which I don't like. If I remember to take it off, I do.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I wear a watch sometimes but I can wear a watch with a metal band because they seem to slide on my wrist a little. I wear a watch with a leather band or I have one with a rubber band both them don't move at all. I just got married recently and I can't even come close to playing with my ring on especially being a left because it interferes with my grip.

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

If your fancy new watch has a compass feature built-in, it may a rules violation to wear or use it during a round. Check with the rules-meister.

I must be a rare breed.  I have to wear a watch or else I feel naked.  I have six "golf watches".  I have to wear a watch or I feel like my left hand is too light.  While I admit that it's probably psychosomatic, I play worse when I forget to wear a watch.

Besides golf, my other obsession is watches.  I love great looking watches.  I have a total of 12 watches ranging from Citizen, Seiko, Bulova, Tommy Hilfiger, Rolex, Breitling, etc.  The only time I am not wearing a watch is when I am sleeping or working out.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

I prefer a leather wristband on my watch, and playing golf with it on is not great for the leather as it'll get all sweat soaked. Just leave it at home and check my blackberry if I really need to know the time.

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

Originally Posted by Yukari

I must be a rare breed.  I have to wear a watch or else I feel naked.  I have six "golf watches".  I have to wear a watch or I feel like my left hand is too light.  While I admit that it's probably psychosomatic, I play worse when I forget to wear a watch.

Besides golf, my other obsession is watches.  I love great looking watches.  I have a total of 12 watches ranging from Citizen, Seiko, Bulova, Tommy Hilfiger, Rolex, Breitling, etc.  The only time I am not wearing a watch is when I am sleeping or working out.

I'm with you.  I have to have a watch on to feel normal.  My watches have a stainless bands.

I always wear my "coaching" watch, witch is a rubber banded runner's watch, and my wedding ring. I'd feel naked without my watch, and didn't get all that into golf until I was already married.

I can't wear a watch or ring when I play. I think I could get used to playing with them on but I think more than anything I'm superstitious lol. Nor would I want to play with any of my watches on as I have a bit of an obsession with nice watches and wouldn't want to nick any of them up.

Only reason I'd wear a watch would be if someone paid me for it. Since that won't happen anytime soon, I'm never playing golf wearing a watch. I got as little stuff on me as possible. Obviously clothes, a pitch mark tool, ball marker and a couple of tees in the pocket. I don't even like having tees in there.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Originally Posted by shiny

I can't wear rings when I play but have no problem wearing a watch, especially as I just got a Garmin S1.

I don't wear a watch even off the course but think the S1 would be convenient so I have been practicing with a regular watch to see how it feels before I spend the coin on the S1.

Note: This thread is 4028 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!