IGNORED

Cleaning Balls

thehillgolfer
Note: This thread is 6166 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So I went canoeing with my friends today along a local golf course, called "The River Course", so you can imagine the river comes into play alot. The main purpose of this trip was to find golf balls and did we ever. Me and my other golf playing friend probably split 200 balls between us, and since its a nicer course about half of those weree 3 or 4 dollar balls.

Now the problem, alot of them have some serious river scum on them, which will come off if i scratch it with my fingernail, but not with like a damp towel or like wire brush. I was wondering if any of you had any suggestions on how i can clean these balls off. Thanks.

In My Bag:
9.5 degree Mizuno MX-500
15 degree Titliest 904F
Mizuno MP-32 3-PW
Cleveland CG10 Black Pearl 52 degree
Vokey Spin-Milled 56.14
Ping i5 Anser

im sure if you soak them in soapy water the scum should come off. Btw how did you manage to get them if the balls sink to the bottom of the river?
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

When I was a kid and we would scour the woods and streams near local courses for balls I remember that the dishwasher did a pretty good job of cleaning them up. Load the top rack and let it do the work for you.

Bag: Grom
Driver: HiBore 10.5° Fuji Stiff
3W: V-Steel 15° Graphite Designs YS-6 Stiff
3h-4h: Bobby Jones Stiff
5i-PW: CG4 Steel StiffWedges: 588 DSG RTG 52°, 900 RTG 56° Low bounce, Reg. 588 RTG 60°Putter: Dead CenterBalls: Pro V1 Speed Cart V1Home Courses: Riverdale Dunes / Knolls,...

if you haven't already cleaned them, try soaking them in a large bucket with oxy-clean, that stuff truly works wonders.
Driver: Nike 9.5° SasQuatch SUMO²
Fairway Woods: Adams 16° Tight Lies 3 Wood
Hybrids: Adams 19° Idea Pro Hybrid
Irons: Callaway X-18 4-AW (Rifle 6.0 Precision)
Wedges: TaylorMade: 56/12 Degree RAC SatinPutter: Odyssey 34" Tri-Ball SRT PutterBall: Callaway HX HOTHome...

That reminds me of the time when I worked for our club's big money tournament as a ball spotter. When there wasn't anyone teeing off I would look up in the woods for balls and came home with about 100 pretty nice balls.

Driver:

Wood: Launcher Gold

Irons: Sand Wedge: EyeHome Course

Note: This thread is 6166 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!