IGNORED

"Ah F**K Michelle" Golf Channel Commentator Drops the F Bomb

Joeyvee
Note: This thread is 4336 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Obviously, they opened her mic too early, and she didn't realize she was on.  Of course she wouldn't have said that had she known. I used to have a satellite dish, where you could hear the announcers talking while the commercials were on.  Lots of things were said that would NEVER have been said while on the air.

Originally Posted by Stretch

Yeah, I'm interpreting that as: "Great, now we have to go back to this no-hoper biotch again."

Yep I agree. That was no ooops Michelle missed a putt, that was blatently called out at Michelle.

I have a feeling she won't have a job on Monday.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

My 2 cents:

Michelle probably spent a ' really long time' preparing to putt while the telecast was away at commercial........and we didn't see it because of the commercial.  I really don't think a golf channel announcer has a beef with her as a person.

We've all experienced this frustration on the golf course.   Ya know....watching a playing partner spend what feels like 5 minutes lining up a putt....and I'm thinking to myself.... "JHC....hit the GD*M putt before I die of old age!!" I think what he heard was this exact kind of frustration accidentally leaked onto the airwaves.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

My 2 cents:

Michelle probably spent a 'really long time' preparing to putt while the telecast was away at commercial........and we didn't see it because of the commercial.  I really don't think a golf channel announcer has a beef with her as a person.

We've all experienced this frustration on the golf course.   Ya know....watching a playing partner spend what feels like 5 minutes lining up a putt....and I'm thinking to myself...."JHC....hit the GD*M putt before I die of old age!!"  I think what he heard was this exact kind of frustration accidentally leaked onto the airwaves.

It's one thing to think it... It's another to say it - especially when you have a mic! Hhahahaha

I remember watching a Monday Night Football game last season on ESPN when Jaws used profanity by mistake.  It was hilarious.

As for this coming seasons Monday Night coverage team - ESPN announced Jaws wouldn't be in the booth.  I've wondered if it was his Monday Night slip that cost him a spot in the booth?  Doing that on national TV - in Primetime is a big mishap.  Much larger than what occurred with the Golf Channel's LPGA coverage...

But the thing that is disturbing is how she said it in reference to the player - Wie.  And as I said earlier... It wasn't like it was in response to her missing the putt.  But more so being annoyed (at least that was my interpretation) about having to cover her.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

TGC has already denied it. And it is hard to tell who said it. Might be someone in the truck handling technical stuff. I doubt we will ever know who said it.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Who cares?

It was the LPGA.

Wie is so frustrating. Pretty looking swing - I began looking at coverage, saw her long legs in tight shorts, and thought, "hmmm, this must he interesting." She had a wedge in her hands to the green from the fairway, maybe 100 yards, and very nice, controlled swing, and left it short of the green,

Turned it off.

• Upvote 1

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

always assume your mike is on!

Personally I don't think it's that big a deal, but the fcc has standards and they need to abide by them.  It's not that hard not to cuss.

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

Who cares?

It was the LPGA.

Wie is so frustrating. Pretty looking swing - I began looking at coverage, saw her long legs in tight shorts, and thought, "hmmm, this must he interesting." She had a wedge in her hands to the green from the fairway, maybe 100 yards, and very nice, controlled swing, and left it short of the green,

Turned it off.

The first time I read that... I read it as "She had a wedgie".  I believe my mind got stuck on the thought of her long legs in tight shorts?!?

Originally Posted by VMAN

always assume your mike is on!

Personally I don't think it's that big a deal, but the fcc has standards and they need to abide by them.  It's not that hard not to cuss.

It really is actually, I don't swear all that much, but it still slips out from time to time in awkward situations.

LOL, I watched it tonight on DVR and heard the apology as well.

I really don't think she said it in the context of "Oh F-Bomb Michelle - (As in I hate her)".  It sounded more like a casual "Oh F-Bomb - (the coverage jumped to Wie and I'm not ready) Michelle".  That was my take on it.

But either way not very professional as a broadcaster, I guess we'll see if she gets the F-ing Axe,,,lol!

• Upvote 1

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

Originally Posted by Stretch

Yeah, I'm interpreting that as: "Great, now we have to go back to this no-hoper biotch again."

Same here.  It was "aw f**k, Michelle" as opposed to "ah f**k Michelle"...as in, f**k her.

Still, pretty bad.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Reminds me of....

And.....

913 D2 8.5* with V2 66g stiff shaft

910F 14.25 with Diamana stiff shaft

i20 17, 20, and 23 hybrid 

AP2 712 5-PW with Dynamic Gold S300 shaft

54 and 60

D66

Tournament Edition 1600

Originally Posted by zipazoid

Happens a lot -

LMAO,,,,I've never seen that one!!!! I can't stand that fat slob Bob anyways and he's so clueless that they are even live!  Man that's classic!!! The Corso one is pretty funny as well!!!!

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

i heard it lol but thought did she just say that, the guy played it off well

Four 5 Stand Bag Blue   PRO V1X

910 D2 9.5° - Diamana Kal'li 65g S

RBZ Stage 2 15° - Diamana Kal'li 72g S  

913H 21° /  910H 24° - Diamana Kal'li 82g S

710 AP2 6-PW - Dynamic Gold S300SL

Vokey Spin Milled 09  56° &  60° 

#1 White Hot 34" - Ionic Grip

My Swing  

I remember seeing the Lee Corso one live and dying laughing.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Note: This thread is 4336 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!