IGNORED

Game improving drivers

Note: This thread is 4332 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Patches,

I have a mint Callaway ft9 tour in a 9.5* w/ a fubuki 5xct stiff shaft that I'd entertain a "junior golfer needs a good driver" blowout offer on. It plays at 44".

Adams 9064Ls is stupid forgiving... and long

• Upvote 1

Driver:Adams 9064LS 9.5 *stiff

3 Wood: Nike VRs

Hybrid: Adams A7 19*

Irons: Nike VRs Pro Cavity 4-AW

Wedges: Nike VR Pro 56'

Putter: Nike Method mc3i1

Ball: Wilson Staff Duo

Bag: Ogio Assassin

Originally Posted by School Yard Pro

Adams 9064Ls is stupid forgiving... and long

That's what's in my bag at the moment.

Originally Posted by Brian Fergusson

If you like a driver but the shaft is too long, it's very easy to cut down the shaft. I blow off the original grip with compressed air (sometimes takes up to 100 PSI, don't forget to put a piece of pipe or tubing over the grip to prevent "blowouts"), wrap masking tape around the butt end (easier to mark and helps contain the graphite fibres), and make the cut with an abrasive wheel (I have a 7" chop saw just for shafts). You can then re-grip with something else, or put the original grip back. Most people use gripping tape and solvent, but I prefer 2" masking tape and compressed air - allowing me to use the club immediately and making it easier to remove it in future should I need to do so.

It's really easier, and better to choke down a bit. I dont reccomend altering a shaft and ruining the way it is designed to perform.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

Originally Posted by ApocG10

If you can find a Ping Rapture, BUY IT.

Its almost cheating :D

I'm curious, there are about 4 versions of the Ping Rapture (see ---> http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=ping+rapture+driver ) ... which version do you like & is considered "almost cheating" - you have my attention.  Thx

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by GatorCallaway

Do your grips slip when you only use masking tape? I've heard of this before but never really trusted the grip to abuse without double sided tape.

I've had my 3w and 3h grips replaced and they were blown on w/ masking tape. This was 2-3 months (15-20 rounds) ago and I've not had any slippage. That was my first concern as well when they did it, it's all working out just fine thus far.

Originally Posted by inthehole

I'm curious, there are about 4 versions of the Ping Rapture (see --->  http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=ping+rapture+driver ) ... which version do you like & is considered "almost cheating" - you have my attention.  Thx

I played the 9° original Rapture with standard TFC shaft and it was an amazing driver.  It was very easy to move either direction or hit straight.

Forget the brand names and find an independent club fitter in your area to custom fit you for a driver and 3-wood from an off-label brand.  It will save you money on the clubhead that you can allocate to upgrade the shafts.

In my Ping Mantis Carry Bag:

Driver | Nakashima NP1 420 9° | Graphite Design YS-7+ Stiff (44 in)

3W | Callaway X-Hot 15° | Adila NV-65S
3H | Acer XDS | TT DG S300

4I-GW | Acer XK Pro | TT DG S300
56° 60° | Dynacraft DMC Forged | TT DG S300

P | SeeMore FGP Mallet | Tupper Grip | 34in

Ball | Reclaimed Pro V1[x]

Originally Posted by Timothy Voyles

I've had my 3w and 3h grips replaced and they were blown on w/ masking tape. This was 2-3 months (15-20 rounds) ago and I've not had any slippage. That was my first concern as well when they did it, it's all working out just fine thus far.

Wow. Sounds like I need to go tinker in the garage then

Note: This thread is 4332 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!