IGNORED

Prescription sunglasses: Polarized vs. Transition

Note: This thread is 3661 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Dark grey polarized, single vision, don't think I could handle tri-focals playing.  No depth perception issues for me.

Best regards,  Frank

:titleist: 913 D2 10.5*

:titleist: 913 F 17*

:titleist: 913 H 21*

:titleist: 716 AP1 4-P

:vokey:  SM5 50*, 54*, 58*

:odyssey: Tank Cruiser #7

:sunmountain: C-130

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just bought my first pair of Prescription Sunglasses and wore them a few weeks ago on annual golf trip to AZ.  Mine are polarized with dark grey lens.

Since I am far sighted,I could finally see my ball flight all the way in the sun. Definitely worth the investment and insurance paid most of cost.

As someone who's had both. Prescription sunglasses just OWN transitions. For one thing, they cover more area, so you don't end up with side glare. I just got a prescription pair of Oakley's, can't wait to try them out on the course.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

As someone who's had both. Prescription sunglasses just OWN transitions. For one thing, they cover more area, so you don't end up with side glare. I just got a prescription pair of Oakley's, can't wait to try them out on the course.

I just got a pair of prescription Oakley's as well. What frame and lens tint did you get?

These, pretty much as they look. I didn't get the option to have the lenses look shiny on the outside. So they have a more matte finish. I believe they have antiglare on both the outside and inside of the lenses so I don't get glare on the inside when the sun is behind me.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

[URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/94487/] [/URL] These, pretty much as they look. I didn't get the option to have the lenses look shiny on the outside. So they have a more matte finish. I believe they have antiglare on both the outside and inside of the lenses so I don't get glare on the inside when the sun is behind me.

I got the exact same except different lenses. They're awesome, can't wait to try them out as well.

• Administrator

I wear contacts when I play, so that I can take my sunglasses on and off without hindering my ability to see. :)

My sunglasses are polarized, though.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I use to have progressive prescription sun glasses but didn't like the fact while driving that I still saw glare outside the car.   I switched to regular polarized prescription glasses which are great for driving a car but I think they do affect my depth perception on the golf course.    I just wear my regular bifocal glasses.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Note: This thread is 3661 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!