IGNORED

Best $27 (or less) ball

Note: This thread is 3993 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by blue72ss

I go to golfsmith and right now you can get Nike 20Xi for $47 per dozen, buy 2 get one free, which cuts the cost to $31.33 per dozen.  You can also get the Taylor Made Penta buy 2 get one free.

I dont know how or why you wouldnt go stock up now and get the price you want and play the best ball available (both the Nike and the Penta are comparable to Pro V1).

I've been doing this for almost a decade.  I bought numerous boxes of Nike One Blacks, the Tour D's, and now I'm stocking up on 20XI-X's.  I refuse to pay more than around 30 dollars for any golf ball, but yet I still can play with tour balls by stocking up on previous models when they run sells like buy 2 get one free.

I'll never ever play a Titleist golf ball because they are elitist and will not allow their items to be on sell.  I just give them the finger and play tour level balls from reasonable manufacturers that don't expect every golfer to make 6 figures so they can afford ProV1's.  (sorry this is my pet peeve)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wilson Duo - $19.95 and they give you a 2 pack free, too. Excellent - long, I mean really long and they bite great for a 2 piece. For a little slower swing speed, but what the hell. Unfortunately, not made in yellow and I am in love with yellow balls. They are so popular with geezers like me, they are hard to find. Just came out this spring.

Bridgestone e6 is an excellent all around ball (and they make it in yellow).............

another vote for the titleist velocity's. i switched from playing the pro v's and v1x's to the velocity for a cheaper price point and got added yardage as a bonus. there is almost 1 club difference in length from the pro v's to the velocity's for me. still a very soft feel around the greens. not quite as much spin as the pro v's but a very predictable and pleasing ball flight. plus the double digit #'s are just friggin cool. picked up 2 dozen of them tonight actually.

Originally Posted by Maverick

I'm a fan of the Srixon Soft Feel..how would this compare to the Velocity is terms of feel? (major decision for me.)

honestly ive never played a srixon. i couldnt tell you first hand. the only suggestion id have is to buy a sleeve of velocitys at your local course and try them out for 9 or 18 and see if you like them.

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

Try the Gamer V2... $20/dz... I think you'll really like it.

These deliver for the price.  Unfortunately Top Flite was bought by Dicks, so I haven't seen the balls on sale any time recently in stores but E-Bay has them pretty cheap when you buy them in bulk.  A 3-Piece ball for what comes out to about 1$ a ball on ebay?  You can't lose.  It doesn't have as much spin as the other 3 piece balls many are used to but the distance is long on them and the workability around the green surpasses anything else in the price range.

If you can get past the fact that they are top flites, they will become a quick, cheap favorite of yours.

How about the MasterGrip C4?

You can only get them from their online store at http://www.mggolf.com/balls.asp?ru=0

and the price is right.....I found one the other day and tried it out against a ProV1    you could not tell the difference from the trajectory or short game.

"Our Tour C4 has the distance, spin and feel of a Titleist ® Pro V1 ® ...

But compared to their street price of $47.99, our rollback price of $19.99 a dozen makes even more sense."

• 8 months later...
Thinking of going back to the bridgestone e6. If I remember correctly this ball is very effective off the tee and the dimple pattern helps with slicing a bit. Any other balls to consider? Not really feeling the Nike black I have been playing.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Originally Posted by jmanbooyaa

Thinking of going back to the bridgestone e6. If I remember correctly this ball is very effective off the tee and the dimple pattern helps with slicing a bit. Any other balls to consider? Not really feeling the Nike black I have been playing.

i have been impressed with the top flite gamer v2

i'm not saying it's on the same level as a proV1, but we are talking about golf balls under the $27 mark, and at that pricepoint, i just don't think it gets better than the top flite gamer

Nike Covert 2.0 driver with Kuro Kage

Nike Covert Tour 3 wood

Nike Covert 5 wood

Nike Covert 4 hybrid

Nike VRS Forged irons 5i-GW

Callaway Forged Wedge 56deg

Callaway X-Forged Wedge 60deg

Odyssey White Hot XG #9 putter
2015 Sun Mountain Tour Series cart bag

Originally Posted by MattM

Your BEST 27 and under ball is going to be the used prov1 or prov1x balls that Target or Walmart sell.  I've been using them for a while and even next to a brand new pro v1 there is no difference.  They play EXACTLY like the normal pro vs.

That would be your best bet.  I also like the srixon soft feel brand new for 25.  Only problem with those is that their covering tends to scuff easily.

If you do that make sure that the balls are RECYCLED, not refinished.

I play the TopFlite Gamer V2.

TP3, TP5, and TP Black on clearance at Academy for $20. This is not advertised and not on the website. In-store only. They were out of TP5 in Norman but still have 6 dz TP5 in S. OKC. Quite a few Black left.

I've been using the Callaway HEX Pro from Costco... 4 piece ball with the same exact cover as the HEX Black tour. $24/dz.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

I've been using the Callaway HEX Pro from Costco... 4 piece ball with the same exact cover as the HEX Black tour. $24/dz.

+1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3993 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!