Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MAXSDAD

Consistently hitting it on the toe and need a fix

6 posts in this topic

I am hitting it off the toe quite a bit and can figure it out? I would say 6 out of 10 times. I am a 20 handicap. I am starting to see signs of wear on my irons from hitting it out there so much. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

at set up try putting the ball towards the heel of your club so at impact (with same swing) the ball will end up in the center of the club. Also could be because you are standing too far away from the ball causing you to pull the club in more at impact. That is my quick fix

If those don't work it may be something with your swing and may have to post a video of your swing at have people comment on how to help.

Can and will do. I will make the adjustments as well as tape the swing. Thanks

You may want to look at your spine angle as well.  If you start to stand up on the downswing it will cause toe hits.

I started back playing last fall after 12 years off. I was having trouble hitting everything off the toe. I tried addresing the ball on the heal moving closer to the ball, and nothing worked. I finally figured out that I was putting to much weight on my toes at address, then during my backswing I would rock back onto my heels pulling me away from the ball. I started lifting my toes when I address the ball to make sure I was putting my weight on the balls of my feet and not on my toes and started hitting to ball in the center of the club face.

You were fitted for these clubs or they are just out of a box?  Your height?  The distance from the creast in your wrist to the ground?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2016 TST Partners

GAME Golf
    PING Golf
    Lowest Score Wins
    • Share your New Strokes Gained Data from GAME Golf!
      Wow! Thanks for the response. Seeing what I consider an "acceptable miss" for me (since I'm currently happy with a 2-putt from 9 feet), shows how much work I still have to do. My putting wasn't at its best the last couple of rounds. I could give reasons/excuses, but they were what they were. Just looking at my "last round vs scratch" shows how bad my putting was yesterday, compared with expanding it to anything over 5 rounds, where it drops into the 5.something range: Yeah, I said that my first putt is usually more than 10 feet or so.  I only meant that I'm usually not hitting my approach shots close to the pin--I'm usually on the green more than 10 feet from the hole (where a pro has about a 50-50 chance of a 1-putt).  So being beyond 10 feet, my expectation is that since a pro is 50:50 (and worse, as distance goes up), I likely won't make those putts. As always, your insight is appreciated. I've got more work to do, and an attitude to adjust--I'm setting my expectations too low.  Thanks a bunch for taking a look at this.
    • My Swing (Hardspoon)
      Reviewed the Functional Grip thread and practiced at home all week.  Here's what my grip looks like now: (Bonus points for accidentally capturing the Titleist backpack I won at the Norwalk TST outing last year.  I went to crop the picture and realized it was back there so I left it in) Hopefully I haven't gone too far in the other (weak) direction...it's frustrating that I can't figure out how to hold a damn club. Went to the range this evening, and, as expected, was back to hitting a lot of pushes and push-slices.  I had to focus on delivering the clubface square (using a flat left wrist feel)...was able to hit some solid shots with that thought, but not very many. Took @iacas' advice and kept working on the same stuff (proper turn, in-to-out path, "extendo-arms" on the follow through) and mixed in some punch swings.  I definitely made better contact on those. Hopefully I can get this stupid grip thing taken care of...if this looks good, I'll just spend a few minutes every day practicing it.
    • Are you a Better Golfer than a Year Ago?
      Might have to change my vote to about the same. Finally got to play a league round (9 holes), in some honest to God warm weather with some fairways that had firmed up enough so that drives weren't hitting and jumping back two feet! Oh how these 63 year old joints love sunshine and warmth! Scored my best round so far, right on my handicap number. Now I actually feel like getting to work on my game!
    • Jordan Spieth lobs a marshmallow w/a wedge and eats it on its way down
      Maybe it's because I have kids. . but that's a dirty marshmallow.  Yecch.  Catch it in your hat or something next time.  Jeez. 
    • When a Pro Can’t Correct
      Ahh yes, I'm entirely familiar with this little game of golf swing whack-a-mole, lol.  I know it sounds cliché but you probably don't really understand just how good Jordan Speith is.  That sounds a little condescending but I truly don't mean it like that - I'm sure I don't, either.  He's playing a pretty different game than we do.  I imagine, if it was possible to somehow transplant our brains into Jordan Speith's body as he swings a club so we could feel what it feels like - it would freak us right out.  We'd be like . .WTH!?!, lol  And then we'd quit golf forever because we couldn't do that without our bodies snapping in half. 
  • TST Blog Entries

• Images

• Today's Birthdays

1. golf82
      golf82
      (57 years old)
  • Blog Entries