IGNORED

What's your go to club?

VoidOfEnigmas
Note:Β This thread is 4292 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

My go to club is quite often the driver with a few adjustments.

Coming from a tight course with plenty of OB and bush riddled with black snakes, straight drives are very important. Up short par 4's I hit a 2 or 3 iron but sometimes when the wind is in to one's face, an iron just wont do. I go to a "gripped-down piercer" - as I call it. I grip down the grip, the stance narrows naturally and the swing is a little more three quarters. I imagine a low, piercing flight that doesn't get to high ( this vision feeds one's body to make the set-up changes).

The shot comes out low, straight and running (the club-face remains nice and straight, right down the line). I love playing it.

Just a note on the path of the club... I want it coming straight down the line, not inside, not outside with not much rolling of hands; straight ball flight; 3/4 swing and rip'n it.

Originally Posted by Jefferey13

With the way I've been striking the ball lately, the only club I don't hate is the one that doesn't leave my bag during the round.

+1 Β (was playing much better until the last couple of rounds. Β Walked off the 13th fairway this morning.)

Driver: Β Callaway Diablo Octane iMix 11.5*
Fairway: Cobra Baffler Rail F 3W & 7W
Irons: Β Wilson Ci
Wedges: Β Acer XB (52* & 56*)
Putter: Β Cleveland Classic #10 with Winn Jumbo Pistol Grip

my burner 3 hybrid. i just started using my 3 wood again after getting it gripped, but with the hybrid i can hit a low stinger that rolls for days or a nice high fade that lands soft.

i hit two greens,one from 200 and one from 210 with it last time i played. (i hit zero with every other club in my bag)

i want to like my driver more so bad. it's a good driver, extremely forgiving and if i just get it in my head to lay off it it flies straight and true.

Β G25 Driver (10.5* Stiff Flex)

Β G20 3 Wood (15* Stiff Flex)

Β i15 3 Hybrid (20* Stiff Flex)

Β i20 Hybrid (23* Stiff Flex)

Β JPX 800 (5-AW)

Β T11 54* (9* Bounce) and 58* (10* Bounce) w/DG Spinner Shafts

Β Tracy

My ball is anything on sale

You know, sometimes I fan that 2,

And sometimes I catch that 3 a little thin.

And I've hit flyers with the 4,

I've hooked my 5,

I've shanked the 6,

Skulled the 8,

Fatted the 9,

Chili-dipped the wedge,

And I've bladed the sand!

There is ole Mr. Three-wiggle, isn't there?

But then there's the seven iron. Β I never miss with the seven iron.

- Roy "Tin Cup" McAvoy

• Upvote 1

In myΒ Β bag:Β 

Β Diablo Octane Tour 9.5, 18 Β -Β Β 6DT 19 (3I Hybrid) -Β 

Β Diablo Forged Irons 5-PW -Β Β Tom Watson wedges 52,56,60 - 64 (generic)Β 

Β D.A.R.T. Belly Putter

Β B330-RX Balls

I'm really starting to fall in love with 9-iron chip and knockdown shots (very old school).

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by Mattplusness

Gap wedge. If I'm 100-110 I can put it to 10 feet every time.

I'll take this bet

Driver: TM Rocketballz 10.5Β°, Stiff Shaft

3Wood: TM Rocketballz Tour 14.5Β°, Stiff Shaft

7Wood: Maxfli, Regular Shaft

5-PW: TM R7 Draw, Stiff Shaft

Wedges: 50, 54, 58Β° Cleveland CG14 or CG15

Putter: TM Rossa Daytona

Probably my 6 iron lately. It's been solid. But, really, all my irons have been reliable lately, which is a strange state of affairs.

The 7 iron is a close second, particularly because I rely on it for punches and putt-style rolling chips, so in terms of a "go-to" club in the sense of the club you go to when you're in trouble, it fits the bill. But the 6 iron has been preferred.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10Β° driver, FT 21Β° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15Β° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52Β° GW, Tom Watson 56Β° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60Β° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Pitching wedge (48 degrees). Every time I get take it out the bag I'm looking forward to hitting the shot. Visual evidence suggests I probably practice with it too much too; should be hitting the clubs I hate, like my 5 iron. Which can kiss my pimply white ass.

51b55954.jpg

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 iron

In my Ping Mantis Carry Bag:

Driver | Nakashima NP1 420 9Β° | Graphite Design YS-7+ Stiff (44 in)

3W | Callaway X-Hot 15Β° | Adila NV-65S
3H | Acer XDS | TT DG S300

4I-GW | Acer XK Pro | TT DG S300
56Β° 60Β° | Dynacraft DMC Forged | TT DG S300

P | SeeMore FGP Mallet | Tupper Grip | 34in

Ball | Reclaimed Pro V1[x]

I thought about this a little more. Β My favorite club has been my 7-iron. Β I think it's because this is the club I was using when getting fitted for an iron set. Β I tried 7 irons from each set until I found the best one and it just stuck. Β When thinking about yardage, I start at my 7i and work my way up or down to select the right club.

• 4 weeks later...

Nickent 3dx rc 2h 17*. Arrow straight from the fairway, punch shot from under trees and bump shots from the fringe ,come to think about it maybe this and a putter is all I need ....and about 50% more skill.

Pitching wedge. 100-105 yards consistant.

On my tombstone: "IfΒ this is the worst thing that ever happens to me, I'm doing just fine!"

Β 

Note:Β This thread is 4292 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!