IGNORED

How did you get your first hole in one? And have you ever been robbed.

VoidOfEnigmas
Note: This thread is 3002 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My first hole in one and only hole in one to this date is a 142 yard uphill par 3 at Priest Lake Golf Course. I hit a sweeping draw to a blind pin with a 9 iron and spent 5 minutes searching for my ball before my playing partner looked and said "hey reino" yeah what's up "you owe me a drink *******"

My hole that I felt I got greatly robbed was get this, another 9 iron to a 140ish uphill pin at Bennett Valley Golf Course. I landed on the fringe, rolled towards the hole, hit the pin and bounced off to about 3 inches. Got up to the green and found out the previous group had not put the pin in all the way and it was leaning the way my had come. FML lol. Let me know your stories.

Nobody is robbed of an ace.......it either goes in or it doesn't

I've had 1 ace and my group didn't see it drop either.  162yd 8iron playing slightly uphill, but the pin was in a depression so we couldn't see it drop. We had a pretty good idea that it was the cup when approaching the green..........we knew it was close and it was just a matter of 'HOW CLOSE' .

I could see the pitch mark short of the pin walking onto the green and there was no way in hell the ball rolled through the green.  When I saw the pitch mark and no ball near the cup.........I knew it was in.

I did experience the "ball hunt" once on a par4!  It's a long hole and my tee shot hit a tree.  I was left with 228 and hit 3-iron at the pin and nobody could see where it ended up.  I knew it was towards the pin, but that's all.   I was bummed walking to the green and not seeing my ball on the green because I hit it well.  I immediately started scanning both short and long for my ball while approaching.........no ball.   There is water just over the back so I was thinking the worst......maybe it ran through "HOT" and into the lake.  LOL.....    I was confident my ball was sleeping with the fishes, but I took that hopeful glance into the cup while walking past and sure enough.....it was in the cup.   Fun stuff.......  I only have 1 ace, but I have 10 par4 deuces and that is my favorite. (and longest)

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

I've never hit an ace, only a few within a foot. A few I have hit and knew they would be close to the pin or in, but I get up to the green and see the ball sitting next to the cup, depressing.

Originally Posted by Goodfella

I've never hit an ace, only a few within a foot. A few I have hit and knew they would be close to the pin or in, but I get up to the green and see the ball sitting next to the cup, depressing.

Why would a great shot be depressing in any way?

I've had three aces. My first one was total luck. I was 16, playing a nine-hole course in the town I grew up in. It was late August (8/22/75, to be exact), very dry conditions. The 8th hole was 168y, but I hit a 7-iron, which at the time I hit about 140y. I purposely hit it to land about 20y short. It did, kicked left onto the green and just rolled in.

The second was a 9i slam-dunker (8/3/91) that flew in the hole on the fly. The third (5/5/92) was a pure 6i that landed 10 feet short and just rolled right into the hole.

It's now been 20 years since I've had an ace. I'm due!

Far as being robbed, oh sure, often. But a guy with 3 aces has no place to complain.

This reminds of an old joke -

A nun was talking to her Mother Superior. "Mother Superior, I have a confession to make. I swore on the golf course today."

"Tell me," said Mother Superior.

"Well, I hit this shot on a par three and it was heading straight towards the water..."

"Ah, that's when you swore."

"No Mother Superior. It hit a rock and bounced into the air where a bird grabbed it"

"So that's when you swore?"

"No Mother Superior. The bird dropped it right onto the green, two feet from the hole!"

Mother Superior looked at the nun and said, "You missed the f**king putt, didn't you?"

• Upvote 3

Originally Posted by zipazoid

This reminds of an old joke -

A nun was talking to her Mother Superior. "Mother Superior, I have a confession to make. I swore on the golf course today."

"Tell me," said Mother Superior.

"Well, I hit this shot on a par three and it was heading straight towards the water..."

"Ah, that's when you swore."

"No Mother Superior. It hit a rock and bounced into the air where a bird grabbed it"

"So that's when you swore?"

"No Mother Superior. The bird dropped it right onto the green, two feet from the hole!"

Mother Superior looked at the nun and said, "You missed the f**king putt, didn't you?"

lol

Originally Posted by Kapanda

Depressing as it pertains to this thread lol. Or botching the birdie putt from a foot. But its not really depressing, just hoping I that I finally hit an ace only to see it did not happen. But I'll take that shot all day long.

I was 18 when I had my first. Some 40 years ago. On a 180 yard hole with the pin tucked behind a bunker. So I didn't see it go in but I did see a lady on the next tee point in the direction of the green so I thought it might be close. Anyway, bagged it with a 5 iron. I've had 2 more since then on different courses.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Haven't made the ace yet. Been close but never so close that I can say I was robbed. Hit the stick at speeds that wouldn't have resulted in the ball going in. Had the line but not the distance. Bounced close a few times.

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Kapanda

Because everyone wants their first ace. It's kind of a right of passage almost. Its personal, of course. But while its nice to hit a great shot, its frustrating to know you were 6 inches of roll from an ace.

Right now the game is new to you, so every good shot is fun and exciting. As you start hitting more good ones than bad, you'll start to want more.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

• 3 years later...
On June 16, 2012 at 8:45 PM, BuckeyeNut said:

Nobody is robbed of an ace.......it either goes in or it doesn't wink.png

I've had 1 ace and my group didn't see it drop either.  162yd 8iron playing slightly uphill, but the pin was in a depression so we couldn't see it drop. We had a pretty good idea that it was the cup when approaching the green..........we knew it was close and it was just a matter of 'HOW CLOSE' .

I could see the pitch mark short of the pin walking onto the green and there was no way in hell the ball rolled through the green.  When I saw the pitch mark and no ball near the cup.........I knew it was in.

I did experience the "ball hunt" once on a par4!  It's a long hole and my tee shot hit a tree.  I was left with 228 and hit 3-iron at the pin and nobody could see where it ended up.  I knew it was towards the pin, but that's all.   I was bummed walking to the green and not seeing my ball on the green because I hit it well.  I immediately started scanning both short and long for my ball while approaching.........no ball.   There is water just over the back so I was thinking the worst......maybe it ran through "HOT" and into the lake.  LOL.....    I was confident my ball was sleeping with the fishes, but I took that hopeful glance into the cup while walking past and sure enough.....it was in the cup.   Fun stuff.......  I only have 1 ace, but I have 10 par4 deuces and that is my favorite. (and longest)

Lol! What about me? Mine went in and magically hopped out of the hole. Id say thats robbery!

Probably 40 some years ago. A par 3 course in North Las Vegas. Nothing but pure luck. I had to carry a small hill which hid the pin. Usually when you walked to the top of the hill you could see your ball down below somewhere. I couldn't see mine, so we started looking for it. After not finding it in the rough, my partner asked if I had checked hole. Sure enough, there it was. Had two more since then, with last one just last year. There's alot of luck involved regardless of one's skill level. 

As for being robbed, thats happened a few times, when the ball would bounce off the flag stick. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

1st was quite a while ago, maybe 20 years, in a local tournament.  About 150 yards, down hill.  I hit a solid shot and it landed near the hole and rolled close.  It looked like it went in but I thought it might be in the shadows.  Turned out it was in.  Like many aces, it was a nice shot but just luck that it happened to roll into the hole.

Robbed?  Last year I bladed a shot that hit the slope in front of the green, which killed all its speed.  The ball rolled an inch or two past the hole.  I joked with the guys that I was "robbed."

Brian Kuehn

Never had one in 56 years of golf. :( I've damaged the hole on the fly but bounced out. I've lipped out a few times, hit the pin, done everything but fall in the hole. I have given up and now just hope I get close enough for a birdie. 

I had my first one playing with my soon-to-be father-in-law at his club in Cumberland MD.  The 10th is a downhill par-3, about 150 yards.  The shot looked good, took a couple of bounces and rolled right in.  They told me that my eyes were as big as a dinner plate when I turned around!  

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Had my first only a month ago between Xmas and new year. Par 3 where the green slopes back to front so we saw it pitch on the front of the green and roll all the way in, which was nice. 205 yards with a 4 iron. Nice way to get my first one. But I a calculated that it was roughly my 2000th attempt on a par 3 since I started playing so I guess it was going to happen one day.

Note: This thread is 3002 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!