IGNORED

College Basketball: Best Conference

putterboy
Note: This thread is 5908 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which NCAA conference is the best for basketball?

• ACC
    • Big East
    • Big 12
    • SEC
    • Big Ten
    • MVC
    • Pac-10
    • MWC
    • WAC
    • Other: please specify

Well we have one for football, might as well post one for basketball.
I know Erik isn't a big bball fan, but would be interested as college ball ranks #2 after golf in my books

What's in the bag

Driver: Speed LD F Driver 9.5°
5 wood: 909F2 18.5°
Hybrid: EDGE CFT 21°Irons: i5 - 4-pwWedges: CG10 52°, 56°, & 60° degreePutter: Udrainium Doc 15Ball: DT SoLoHome Courses: Spring Lakes Golf Club, Stouffville, ON & Ocean Ridge Plantation Golf, Sunset...

Since UNC is my fav...ACC has to be the best with the teams in it

What's in the bag

Driver: Speed LD F Driver 9.5°
5 wood: 909F2 18.5°
Hybrid: EDGE CFT 21°Irons: i5 - 4-pwWedges: CG10 52°, 56°, & 60° degreePutter: Udrainium Doc 15Ball: DT SoLoHome Courses: Spring Lakes Golf Club, Stouffville, ON & Ocean Ridge Plantation Golf, Sunset...

Gotta go with the Big East. My team is WVU and I may be a little bias, but i do truely believe the Big East is the best b-ball conference.

I voted for the ACC simply becuase they have a lot of great teams. I do like watching Big Ten Basketball alot and if my memory is correct in the last few years there is usually a big ten team, or two in the final four.

In my Grom:
Driver: :nike: Sasquatch 9.5° Graffalloy Shaft-Stiff Flex
FW: :nike: 3 (15°) & 5 (19°) Sasquatch Diamana Shaft-Stiff Flex
Hybrid: :touredge: Tour Edge Exotics Ironwood 21° Adila Shaft-Stiff Flex
Irons: :nike: 4-AW OSS Steel Shaft-Stiff Flex
Wedges: :vokey: Vokey Spin Milled 54 and 60
Putter:  :edel: Basic Series 

I'm an Indiana grad, so I gotta say Big Ten.

My Bag

Hybrids: nike.gif VR_S 17º, CPR3 18º, 22º, 26º, 30º R Graphite

Irons: nike.gif Slingshot 6I-PW R Steel

Wedges: nike.gif SV 52º/10, 56º/14

Putter: taylormade.gif Rossa Monza Corsa 34"

Ball: nike.gif One RZN-X

I went to Penn State, but live in North Carolina.

It's the ACC by far. Look at the ACC-Big 10 challenge...the Big 10 has never won. How can anyone say it is the Big 10?

The Big East has gotten better in the past few years but I still think that the ACC, top to bottom, is the best and most competitive conference year in and year out.

Just IMHO.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...
Historicaly it is the ACC w/ teams such as Duke and UNC they are always a powerhouse, but lately the big 10 has really stepped up w/ teams like Ohio State, Michigan State, and Illinois, even in the past the big 10 stood its own w/ Indiana and Michigan

In My Bag
Driver: TaylorMade R11 9*

3-Wood: Ping Anser 14.5*
Hybrid: TaylorMade Superfast Burner 18*
Irons: Ping i20 PW - 4

Wedges: Ping Tour Pro Rusty 52*, 56*, 60*

Putter: Ping Anser

Balls: Titleist Pro-V1s

Sunglasses: Oakley Flak Jacket (golf specific)

Bag: Ping Hoofer

Course: Alliance Country Club

• 4 weeks later...
Historically, it is the ACC, but certainly not last year. Only one team in the ACC made it to the Sweet 16 and none made it to the Final Four. Four of the teams lost to lower-seeded teams.

Normally it is the ACC but the Pac-10 was probably the best last year and will definitely be the best this coming season. UCLA, Arizona, Washington, Oregon, USC, Stanford, Washington State. All those schools should be in the tournament this year.

• 5 months later...
I know ppl say that this is a down year for the ACC, but they still have three ranked teams, and Jan. 16 GA Tech, who was last in the ACC, lost to #1 UNC by a single point, and the same night, FL St was beating #7 Duke with 2 or 3 min remaining. That is top to bottom quality. There are no games that are guaranteed wins, like you have in the Big East with Rutgers or St. Johns, or in the Big 10 with Northwestern.

905R 10.5* Aldila NV 65
904F 15* Graphite Design YS-6+
NVG2 UT 17* Fujikura Triple Action
755 3-PW Trispec steel
52/08, 58/08 rac TP Wicked putter (model 1)

I have to say ACC

Founder,
The Sand Trap Tour
Central NC's affordable amateur tour

But in the end it's still a game of golf, and if at the end of the day you can't shake hands with your opponents and still be friends, then you've missed the point. ~Payne Stewart

• 2 weeks later...
This is not even close. Top to bottom, 1 through whatever the last number is, I believe it's 16, it's the Big East. I believe 14 out of 16 teams have winning records and 11 of those teams are in the top 60. No conference, none, can claim that.

I understand that the ACC may have the name recognition but it is a top heavy conference. UNC, Duke and flip a coin.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

the acc is top heavy and two or three bad teams in the the big east, and the big ten and pac-10 are too inconsistent. So i would go with the big east, plus PITT is awesome
In the Bag:

Driver 10.5 r7 460 ti Reax regular shaft
3 Wood 15.5 LD F Speed Aldila NV stiff shaft
Hybrids 19 Tour Burner Rescue Reax stiff shaft. 21 degree torch series saber shaftIrons Sliver Scot 4-pw Rifle 5.0 shaftsSand Wedge 56 Degree Cg10 Black pearl finish 2 dotLob Wedge 60...

Con USA!

We might not have 3 out of the top 10 ranked teams, but we have the U of Memphis, which more than makes up for the lack of other talent

Muahaha #1 and still running... we got shafted in the tournament against OSU because they wanted Odum to be showcased in the finals for his draft pick... but this year is ours!

And before you start in on the "dude you are from Con USA, of course you are undefeated"... you need to realize that not only are we undefeated going into our second season at home (that's 43 games and counting for you people out of the loop)... but that out of the 20 games played so far this season, we are 5-0 against Top 25 ranked teams.

Forget Hillary and Obama... Calipari for president!

Clubs in my Army-issued duffel-bag...

DTR Irons : 2-9
DCI Wedges : PW 48* & SW 56*
Driver : Mid-Size TP System2 9.5* Metalwood (5) 23*

Note: This thread is 5908 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!