IGNORED

I will become a tour professional! (Know I am going to get a lot of smack)

FutureTourPro
Note: This thread is 4099 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I know that a lot of people might think I am cocky for saying that I'll become a professional. I am not being cocky, I am setting high to reach goals and on my way to completing them, and How I intend to complete them is to give my best effort everyday. People say I am setting myself up to fail. It is actually the opposite. By giving myself a one way ticket, it means I have to commit and make sure I do everything in my power to get there. Nobody played it safe to become successful, look at Bill Gates, a ivy league drop out and that took a risk, look where he is today. I am taking risk by choosing one path instead of two. You can count on me to make the most of it.

Rest In Peace my son. I will miss you. 5/12/94-1/29/13 Future Tour Pro Committed suicide thanks to the sand trap. Go to hell to all of you.

DRIVER: Cobra Amp 9.5 X-Stiff Fujikura Vista Tour

3 WOOD: Cobra Amp 15 X-Stiff Fujikura Motore F3

HYBRID: Cobra Amp 20 X-Stiff Fujikura Fit On Max 

IRONS: Adams Golf Pro Golds 4-PW KBS X-Stiff 

GAP WEDGE: Adams M. Pugielli 50 DG Spinner

SAND WEDGE: Adams M. Pugielli 54 DG Spinner

LOB WEDGE: Titliest BV Spin Milled 58 Stock Shaft

PUTTER: Odyssey White Hot XG #7

BALL: Callaway Hex Black

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thumbnail.aspx?q=4669403141177909&id=538c95db87fe1a71b78f859b84b383be

Everybody has to start somewhere!!!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Originally Posted by FutureTourPro

I know that a lot of people might think I am cocky for saying that I'll become a professional. I am not being cocky, I am setting high to reach goals and on my way to completing them, and How I intend to complete them is to give my best effort everyday. People say I am setting myself up to fail. It is actually the opposite. By giving myself a one way ticket, it means I have to commit and make sure I do everything in my power to get there. Nobody played it safe to become successful, look at Bill Gates, a ivy league drop out and that took a risk, look where he is today. I am taking risk by choosing one path instead of two. You can count on me to make the most of it.

I know you are probably only joking and are trying to wind people up out of boredom, but I just can't resist this sort of thing.

I love the Bill Gates analogy; one of the most visionary people in history is described as a "dropout" - and that's proof that anyone can achieve anything if they take a risk.

You say that failure is not an option because you have no backup plan. That's a bad plan.

And.......as has been said before........where is the thread where you show your path to glory?

Where is the link to victories you have had against highly rated company? Have you won a club championship? Have you even entered one?

How many of the world's top 5000 do you think you could beat in 10 years time?

An example of the kind of thing you are up against:

Shiv Kapur is ranked 41 on the ASIAN RANKINGS

Marcel Siem is 41 on the EUROPEAN RANKINGS

James NItties is 41 on tye AUSTRALASIAN RANKINGS

Harrison Frazar is 41 on the U.S. RANKINGS

Briny Baird is 341 in the WORLD RANKINGS

Bryden McPherson, the Australian who won the British Amateur and played in the Masters this year is just inside the world's top 1500 at 1459.

These are all very famous players.

My point is that there are literally thousands of awesome players you will never even hear of.

Anyway - I know you're just fishing for responses like this, so I'm indulging you.

It would be scary if someone actually believed the type of stuff in your post.

BTW, It's TItleist, not Titliest, as in TITLE-ist or MEDAL-ist or FINAL-ist.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

The thread seems to be a desperate cry for attention.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5*
3W:  Callaway GBB II 12.5*, 5W:  Callaway Diablo 18* Neutral
3H:  Callaway Razr X, 4H:  Callaway Razr X
5-PW:  Callaway X Tour
GW:  Callaway X Tour 54*, SW:  Callaway X Tour 58*
Putter:  Callaway ITrax, Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2, Ping Anser 4

Smack?

You did not tell us anything

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

ROCK THE **** ON BRO!!!!!!! It's cuz of Shorty I gave up my dream to be a tour pro. Maybe I'll gain my vision back this year. By the way, I suggest to FutureTourPro that you don't come back on this thread. It could get ugly.

"It's better to burn out than to fade away." -Kurt Cobain

Originally Posted by Domenic

ROCK THE **** ON BRO!!!!!!! It's cuz of Shorty I gave up my dream to be a tour pro. Maybe I'll gain my vision back this year. By the way, I suggest to FutureTourPro that you don't come back on this thread. It could get ugly.

If his playing career doesn't work out.  He could always take it to the next level with his putter and do some soft core stuff for Showtime.  I hear there is money in that.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5*
3W:  Callaway GBB II 12.5*, 5W:  Callaway Diablo 18* Neutral
3H:  Callaway Razr X, 4H:  Callaway Razr X
5-PW:  Callaway X Tour
GW:  Callaway X Tour 54*, SW:  Callaway X Tour 58*
Putter:  Callaway ITrax, Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2, Ping Anser 4

Not sure if you're trolling, but in case you're not....If you really want to be a pro go for it, but have a back up plan.  Intending to give your best effort likely isn't going to cut it.  There are a lot of people giving it their best effort, it's arrogant to think you're going to out work them, in other words, you need a better plan to just work hard.

As for the Bill Gates comment, your chances of making millions writing software are much better than making millions playing golf.  Good luck.

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by newtogolf

As for the Bill Gates comment, your chances of making millions writing software are much better than making millions playing golf.  Good luck.

Could not have said it better myself. Getting rich with software is fairly easy if you are creative with new and fresh ideas. Golf is a sport that requires complex athletic movements. The analogy just doesn't work. Guys like Notch (minecraft creator) made millions from a simple idea. Far different than what you are proposing.\

How old are you? the window could already be closed.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

Originally Posted by ApocG10

Could not have said it better myself. Getting rich with software is fairly easy if you are creative with new and fresh ideas. Golf is a sport that requires complex athletic movements. The analogy just doesn't work. Guys like Notch (minecraft creator) made millions from a simple idea. Far different than what you are proposing.\

How old are you? the window could already be closed.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Originally Posted by Shorty

I know you are probably only joking and are trying to wind people up out of boredom, but I just can't resist this sort of thing.

I love the Bill Gates analogy; one of the most visionary people in history is described as a "dropout" - and that's proof that anyone can achieve anything if they take a risk.

You say that failure is not an option because you have no backup plan. That's a bad plan.

And.......as has been said before........where is the thread where you show your path to glory?

Where is the link to victories you have had against highly rated company? Have you won a club championship? Have you even entered one?

How many of the world's top 5000 do you think you could beat in 10 years time?

An example of the kind of thing you are up against:

Shiv Kapur is ranked 41 on the ASIAN RANKINGS

Marcel Siem is 41 on the EUROPEAN RANKINGS

James NItties is 41 on tye AUSTRALASIAN RANKINGS

Harrison Frazar is 41 on the U.S. RANKINGS

Briny Baird is 341 in the WORLD RANKINGS

Bryden McPherson, the Australian who won the British Amateur and played in the Masters this year is just inside the world's top 1500 at 1459.

These are all very famous players.

My point is that there are literally thousands of awesome players you will never even hear of.

Anyway - I know you're just fishing for responses like this, so I'm indulging you.

It would be scary if someone actually believed the type of stuff in your post.

BTW, It's TItleist, not Titliest, as in TITLE-ist or MEDAL-ist or FINAL-ist.

These two previous posts below about sum up the chances you have. Like Shorty, I didn't take the bait before, but couldn't resist. I am all for people pursuing their dreams and playing on the PGA is one of mine, but I think I'll stick to playing a few times a week and work my day job. If you worked really hard for several years, you might make it to that 3.8 handicap you claim, but not the PGA.

This swing:

http://thesandtrap.com/t/58313/my-swing-futuretourpro

And these distances: (with the above swing, come on)

Driver 290

3wood 260

3hybrid 230

4iron 220

5iron 210

6iron 200

7iron 190

8iron 180

9iron 165

Pitching wedge 150

50* 135

54* 125

58* 110

Driver: Taylormade R11 Aldila NV 75

4W: Taylormade R9

3/4H: Taylormade Burner 19* 22*

5-AW: Taylormade RBZ

W: Cleveland Tour Action 588 56* 60*

Putter: Callaway White Ice 2 Ball Lined

• Administrator
:doh:

My thoughts exactly.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Practice, practice, practice. If you aren't spending your days from sun-up to sun-down out there practicing, you won't stand a chance, because there are a lot of kids right now who are, and you'll be beating them or losing to them years from now depending on whether you outwork them right now, or are outworked by them.

And don't just go through the motions when you practice. You have to be analytical of every swing. If you fall into "beating balls" mode, go focus on putting for a while. If you aren't focused on improving, and eradicating your weaknesses, then you are wasting your time.

Good luck, and don't let yourself down.

Originally Posted by Kieran123

I meant fairly easy compared to being a pro golfer. An idea can make you rich in the software industry. In Golf, not so much. I worded my post badly.

Like I said, look up the RTS mod community. The guys behind Dota, Minecraft, Terraria, etc etc, all got filthy rich with simple ideas and programming skills that anyone can acquire. Its far far different than becoming a professional athlete. Goerge Hotz was rich before he even got out of highschool, because he was able to bypass and crack apples anti-consumer crap.

Like I said, I worded my original post badly. But anyone can build the skills to do object oriented programming. Not everyone can develop the skills to be a pro golfer.

And whoever called Bill Gates a visionary is foolish. Bill Gates was a thief. As was Steve Jobs. They made billions on the backs of guys like Steve Wozniak, taking their hard work, and marketing it for themselves. Actually, Wozniak was fairly compensated. Bill gates though, did very little on his own.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

People say I am setting myself up to fail. It is actually the opposite. By giving myself a one way ticket, it means I have to commit and make sure I do everything in my power to get there. Nobody played it safe to become successful, look at Bill Gates, a ivy league drop out and that took a risk, look where he is today. I am taking risk by choosing one path instead of two.

Yes, I will have fries with that.

Constantine

Dude, your swing isn't bad, but it definitely isn't going to get you anywhere near the PGA tour or even the Nationwide. Hands are a little low with a strong right hand, shoulders a little hunched, on the takeaway you pick up the club with the hands too much, move your head a lot, and there's not much knee or hip action.

But good luck anyway

dak4n6

Note: This thread is 4099 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!