IGNORED

Question about Mizuno

Note: This thread is 4077 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello All,  I have a quick question for all of you.  I have the opportunity to buy a set of Mizuno irons 3-PW.  I have done a ton of searching buty I can't seem to find anything about them.  Does any one know anything about them...Model year?  Who they were made for, high, Mid, low handicapper?  And they are with the logo under the bird not the cavity.  Thanks!

What's up chief,

I have Mizuno MX25's from 2007 or 2008 if I am not mistaken. I found the reseller on Ebay and based on my height and handicap they lengthened the clubs about 1/2" for free and then shipped them to my house. I have been playing since I was 13 and this was 15 years ago. Up until 2008 I was using Dunlop Sports Authority special clubs. When I got these Mizuno's my game changed dramatically and I feel this club is perfect for me. I can hit them perfectly and I think my iron game is most probably the strongest part of my game. My handicap is about 17 in my prime a few years ago. I rarely play these days but am feening to get back in the game strong. I hope this helps!

Did you look at them? They should have the model number on them.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

NO there is no model number all it says is Mizuno on the sole and then Wings on the back of the blade.  Here is a link to some photos

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380446520689?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

I became interested in them when I bought a Mizuno Wings sand wedge and just rocked it out.  i was SO impressed with the club i began researching the whole set but found nothing except this link on Ebay, Which by the way I bought them.  But My curiosity peaked when i couldn't find anything about them at all.

I also went to that Link you posted UNIDuffman and again, couldn't find anything at all!  The mystery thickens LOL

I found this here, google is your friend. It lists all the irons by model and year. So it looks like those Wings are year 1992-1994.

Those thing are OLD as HELL.

MP-32 2005-06
MX-17 2004-05
MX-23 2004-05
MP-37 2004
MP-30 2003-04
T-Zoid MX-15 2003
MP Series Wedges 2002-03
T-Zoid MX-20 2002-03
T-Zoid MX-11 2002
MP-33 2001-03
T Zoid Pro-II 2000-02
T-Zoid Comp EZ 1999-01
T-Zoid Sure 1999-00
T Zoid Pro 1997-00
T Zoid Titanium Insert T3 Oversize 1997-99
T-Zoid True 1997-98
Grad MP 1995-99
Faldo 1995-98
TC29 1995-96
TC29 - Mid Size 1995-96
MP-14 1994-98
MSX Oversize 1994
Ti 22 1994
MP-29 1993-00
Wings (logo in cavity) 1992-94
MP-11 1992-93
MSX 1992-93
Grad P-Forged 1991-94
MP-9 1991-92
MP-7 1990
MS-9 1989-91
Silver Cup (cavity) 1989-91
MS-8 1988-89
MS-7 1987-90
Wings (under bird logo) 1986-91
Quad 1986-88
Silver Cup (muscleback) 1985-88
MS-4 Mizuno Pro 1985-86
MS-5 Mizuno Pro 1985-86
MS-3 Mizuno Pro 1984-86
Champion Wide Sweet Area 1984-85
MS-1 Mizuno Pro 1984
MS-2 Mizuno Pro 1984
Silver Cup (trophy on back) 1983-84
Pro 1983

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

WOW Motley01  I spent hours googling Wings, Mizuno Wings, Mizuno Irons, Etc...What did you use for search words?  I Thank you very much for this Info!  However, Mine are the under bird logo so they are even older!  Wre're talkin'  1986-1991!!!   I don't care if these things play as good as the sand wedge NEXT YEAR I'M WINNING THE OPEN!!!!

Originally Posted by Logan Gabriel

WOW Motley01  I spent hours googling Wings, Mizuno Wings, Mizuno Irons, Etc...What did you use for search words?  I Thank you very much for this Info!  However, Mine are the under bird logo so they are even older!  Wre're talkin'  1986-1991!!!   I don't care if these things play as good as the sand wedge NEXT YEAR I'M WINNING THE OPEN!!!!

I believe Mizuno had a model history on their UK site.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

• 1 month later...
Originally Posted by mtgemtrader

I've got a set of these same clubs in great shape.  3-PW + SW with GripeRite grips.  Also have matching 1,3,5 persimmon woods.

AND the persimmons!  Nice find.  I am a bit of a collector and I just got a set of Spalding executives from 1969 3-PW and the 1,3, and 5 wood (persimmon)  I love old clubs!

• 5 months later...

This is late, but for anyone else who is looking. I bought a set of Mizuno MS 3 irons in 1985. A forged blade, and made for a good player. The best irons I have ever used, however, they did take about 1 1/2 years to find the right swing. Bad hits are just that, I lost distance and almost gave up on them after a month. Once I got used to them, I got my distance and then some back, and when you hit the sweet spot, unbelievable feeling. I played these clubs for about 12 years, then someone accidentally picked up my 7 iron and never returned it to the the golf course. I  played to single digit handicap for about 9 years. Great set, but will frustrate you, until you find the groove. The irons are for better players. If you are an average golfer stay away from forged blades, find a cavity back, more forgiving club.

• 3 weeks later...
Note: This thread is 4077 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!