IGNORED

The Best (worst) Spelling and Grammar Errors Thread

dak4n6

Originally Posted by jamo

Try it on here, and take a screencap.

wpm.jpg

And I could probably do over 85 if I was able to use my keyboard at home ;-)

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote:

HTC HD2 is a Jack off all trades, I wish I never sold mine. :(

That is precious.

It reminds me...nothing to do with spelling orΒ grammar but, I was in a co-worker's office having a discussion. He schedules people for certain tasking. I noticed that on his wall calendar he had pencilled in, "Jack off > > > > >"

I said, "Wow, you actually schedule that?".

dak4n6

And I could probably do over 85 if I was able to use my keyboard at home ;-)

FWIW, I got 68. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/image/id/292367/width/640/height/342][IMG]http://thesandtrap.com/image/id/292367/width/640/height/342[/IMG][/URL]

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3Β |Β 15ΒΊ 3-Wood: Ping G410 |Β 17ΒΊ 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 |Β 19ΒΊ 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo |Β 54ΒΊ SW, 60ΒΊ LW: Titleist Vokey SM8Β |Β Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by jamo

FWIW, I got 68.

I didn't realize the text would randomize. Β I'd like to try again.

I'm a bit upset that I had to spell Ramsaran twice and you only had to spell Ethelbertha once.

• Administrator

I got 86 with no mistakes (I sense and correct as I go). I probably would have scored higher if I had read the stuff I was going to type prior to typing it. I also feel like I type faster when I'm not transcribing but am instead just writing down what comes to my mind.

Screen Shot 2012-07-16 at 1.29.12 pm.PNG

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

My goodness some of these are difficult. Β I had to do a couple very tough passages (one about Greece with a lot of off-words capitalized that shouldn't have been and beginning words uncapitalized, and another in Old English). Β Both were in the low-to-mid 60 range, although without any mistakes. Β I did an easier one and finished in 85WPM (1 mistake).

Originally Posted by iacas

I got 86 with no mistakes (I sense and correct as I go). I probably would have scored higher if I had read the stuff I was going to type prior to typing it. I also feel like I type faster when I'm not transcribing but am instead just writing down what comes to my mind.

That was a mildly tough one too. Β Nice work.

• Administrator
Originally Posted by bplewis24

That was a mildly tough one too. Β Nice work.

The dashes tripped me up for a second or two - I prefer them like this, you see. ;)

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by zipazoid

In grade school I lost a spelling bee. The wordΒ I misspelled was failure.

Lol, irony.Β  Don't feel bad ... I lost my 6th grade spelling bee with "hymn."Β  (I didn't go to church, so you can guess what I wrote down)

I probably would have scored higher if I had read the stuff I was going to type prior to typing it. I also feel like I type faster when I'm not transcribing but am instead just writing down what comes to my mind.

Same. Also, Safari corrected "pastrycook's" to "pastry cook's." Quotations and the name "Ethelbertha" slowed me down. Then again, I'm not a terribly good typer. Second attempt with fewer annoyances gave me the same score.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3Β |Β 15ΒΊ 3-Wood: Ping G410 |Β 17ΒΊ 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 |Β 19ΒΊ 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo |Β 54ΒΊ SW, 60ΒΊ LW: Titleist Vokey SM8Β |Β Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

So you don't know the difference between "of" and "out?" Β Should I explain it to you?

Or should I do like I normally do, and assume you are intelligent and just made a typo? Β K-troop has the right of it ... don't assume a lot of people on here care as much to proofread like they do for things that are actually important, therefore don't judge their intelligence based on such minor grammar mistakes. Β Make fun of them (us - I know I've done it), yes, but don't judge.

There's a difference between a typo and mixing up two correctly spelled words out of simple ignorance.

Forgivable: "I'm going ot the store."

Unforgivable: "Look over their!"

Glad I could elaborate on my strict and unreasonable expectations of forum writing. Β Cheers!!

Originally Posted by TJBam

There's a difference between a typo and mixing up two correctly spelled words out of simple ignorance.

Forgivable: "I'm going ot the store."

Unforgivable: "Look over their!"

Glad I could elaborate on my strict and unreasonable expectations of forum writing. Β Cheers!!

Fare enough.

Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

Hey, watch your mouth buddy!Β  That's agregious!

I don't know how to quote a post from a different thread so I just copied and pasted it over. Β Brandon was polite enough not to make fun of this dufus, but I couldn't let it go. Β Normally, I am a good visual speller ... I just write a word down that where I'm not sure about the spelling and can tell if it's right or not. Β Apparently, not always.

Quote:
I heard on The Golf Channel that David Duval made a pack with himself

Names have been omitted to protect the (not so) innocent.