IGNORED

The Best (worst) Spelling and Grammar Errors Thread

dak4n6

This would have been funnier if you wrote 'would of' there at the end to see if anybody picked up on it.:-P

Haha I considered it! The problem is that I hate it SO MUCH that it almost makes me physically ill to write it. :)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's probably been posted several times but something I hate SO MUCH is when people say "should of" instead of "should have." Saying "should of" instead of "should have" basically means you haven't read a real book since 2nd grade. It means your understanding of the language is based on what it sounds like and not what the actual words are, which you would have easily picked up on had you been reading.

I hear ya. Bugs the shit out of me; trouble is, I catch myself doing it occasionaly too! It never makes it by my first proof read but it can creep into a first draft when I'm kind of just "stream of consciousness"-ing it. (...and I read a ton - just for the record) The one that truly drives me up the ****ing wall is DEFINATELY and all of its variations. Think FINITE people, FINITE not FINATE, FFS! Seriously, I'm gonna loose my shit!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I hear ya. Bugs the shit out of me; trouble is, I catch myself doing it occasionaly too! It never makes it by my first proof read but it can creep into a first draft when I'm kind of just "stream of consciousness"-ing it. The one that truly drives me up the ****ing wall is DEFINATELY and all of its variations. Think FINITE people, FINITE not FINATE, FFS!

Oh yeah. That is a bad one for sure.

The one that grates on me and is getting worse all the time is using the adjective "good" instead of the advereb "well". They should fire the next commentator who says "he's playing good" or "he's hitting it good". The players are even worse and many of them claim to have gone to college. I'm begining to think that may of them think its cool to sound like a moron. Tiger went to Stanford so he certainly should know better.

The one that grates on me and is getting worse all the time is using the adjective "good" instead of the advereb "well". They should fire the next commentator who says "he's playing good" or "he's hitting it good". The players are even worse and many of them claim to have gone to college. I'm begining to think that may of them think its cool to sound like a moron. Tiger went to Stanford so he certainly should know better.

Are you a high school or college English professor?

I hear ya. Bugs the shit out of me; trouble is, I catch myself doing it occasionaly too! It never makes it by my first proof read but it can creep into a first draft when I'm kind of just "stream of consciousness"-ing it. (...and I read a ton - just for the record)

The one that truly drives me up the ****ing wall is DEFINATELY and all of its variations. Think FINITE people, FINITE not FINATE, FFS!

Seriously, I'm gonna loose my shit!

Gotta disagree a little:  the accepted incorrect spelling is "DEFIANTLY." :smartass:

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Are you a high school or college English professor?

The other day I heard a golfer in an interview say something like "I played good today and I feel really well." That was something new!

• 3 weeks later...

About 3-4 years ago, I added/replaced a couple wedges that sure'd up that gaps in my short game.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

[COLOR=181818]About 3-4 years ago, I added/replaced a couple wedges that[/COLOR] [COLOR=FF0000]sure'd[/COLOR] [COLOR=181818]up that gaps in my short game.[/COLOR]

Yeah but you hit every green ... So it turned out to be a mute point. :P

Quote:

Originally Posted by pumaAttack View Post

I would be shocked if Spieth ever wins another tournament again .

Two redundancies in one short phrase. Pure beauty. :pound:

Quote:

Originally Posted by pumaAttack

Two redundancies in one short phrase. Pure beauty.

I meant three. My bad.

I would be shocked if Spieth ever wins another tournament again.

I meant three. My bad. [COLOR=181818]I would be shocked if Spieth [/COLOR][COLOR=FF0000]ever[/COLOR][COLOR=181818] wins [/COLOR][COLOR=FF0000]another tournament[/COLOR][COLOR=181818] again.[/COLOR]

He shoulda added ", going forward" at the end. ;P

I don't have the exact quotes, but a guy keeps posting "waist" instead of "waste" in the "non-golfer" thread. It's driving me nuts lol

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

What makes me go nuts is when people use apostrophes wrong, as in using it for a plural form of a word such as "there are many car's on the road" instead of "there are many cars on the road".

Best regards,  Frank

:titleist: 913 D2 10.5*

:titleist: 913 F 17*

:titleist: 913 H 21*

:titleist: 716 AP1 4-P

:vokey:  SM5 50*, 54*, 58*

:odyssey: Tank Cruiser #7

:sunmountain: C-130

What makes me go nuts is when people use apostrophes wrong, as in using it for a plural form of a word such as "there are many car's on the road" instead of "there are many cars on the road".

Yes and lack of commas can kill. "Let's eat grandma"

:beer:

Best regards,  Frank

:titleist: 913 D2 10.5*

:titleist: 913 F 17*

:titleist: 913 H 21*

:titleist: 716 AP1 4-P

:vokey:  SM5 50*, 54*, 58*

:odyssey: Tank Cruiser #7

:sunmountain: C-130

• 5 weeks later...

:doh:

Screen Shot 2015-10-29 at 1.00.20 PM.png

That's in Vanity Fair.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.