IGNORED

How often do you encounter people who smoke a joint during a round?

nevets88
Note: This thread is 3877 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

cant believe employees are given lie detector tests in usa , that is clearly an infringement of civil liberties , not admissable in court so why at work , its madness imho

Cart Bag

Hi Bore  xls Driver

Big Bertha steelhead plus  3 and 5 Woods

Pro Gold 20 and 24 degree Hybrids

MD Superstrong Irons

MD Norman Drew Low Bounce wedges

Putter 

If someone has to get Stoned or Drunk to enjoy a round of golf then maybe they should consider another activity and possibly a 12 step program.

• Upvote 1

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

dont have to get drunk or stoned to enjoy a round of golf , i enjoy golf anyway and its saved me from the crack and heroin which 50 steps couldnt help with let alone 12

Cart Bag

Hi Bore  xls Driver

MD Superstrong Irons

Putter 

dont have to get drunk or stoned to enjoy a round of golf , i enjoy golf anyway and its saved me from the crack and heroin which 50 steps couldnt help with let alone 12 :whistle:

So golf alone staved off your addiction withour any other program?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So far , allthough i was never a waster , allways worked hard , just kept getting off me nut all the time , golf has replaced the need to do that for some strange  reason , allthough its turning out to be just as expensive , allthough much healthier

Cart Bag

Hi Bore  xls Driver

MD Superstrong Irons

Putter 

Great topic! I have no feelings either way, enjoy the game and play fast and we'll get along fine. Am I the only one picturing the golf course scene from the movie Hall Pass while reading this thread?

Had this happen once. They offered to share and I politely declined. That was that.

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

weed is a huge part of golf culture in america.  for some newbies to look down upon old school golfers who have been smoking weed for decades is foolish.  some people take themselves way too seriously.

What's in the bag
Driver: FTI
3W: 15 Degree
2H: X
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

Originally Posted by MrSandman

weed is a huge part of golf culture in america.  for some newbies to look down upon old school golfers who have been smoking weed for decades is foolish.  some people take themselves way too seriously.

I don't know about that.  I'm a (weed) smoker, not every day but regularly.  I smoke sometimes on the course.  It helps me clear my mind of mechanical swing thoughts and if I just smoke a little I usually play better.  A lot obviously and things aren't so good!

The point of that is just that I'm not one of the holier than thou ninnies on this thread.  But there's just no way weed is a "huge part of golf culture in america".  I'm in cali.  Tons of people smoke regularly on the course here, but the large majority do not, and I'd bet a good amount that the average joints per round for all players is largest here than in any other state.  That's hardly a "huge part of golf culture".

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Originally Posted by nevets88

I was recently grouped with a twosome who were sort of Cheech & Chong (OK, I'm dating myself... uhh - Harold and Kumar?), they were decent golfers and it didn't seem to affect their play. How often do you play with people who smoke weed during their round?

Not enough unfortunately.

I would fine it bothersome to have to drink or smoke something to play better golf.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Originally Posted by mdl

I'm in cali.  Tons of people smoke regularly on the course here,

Exactly.  Weed is part of golf culture.

What's in the bag
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

I don't know what golf culture you belong to, but I've never seen it or heard of it.

Joe Paradiso

I've used marijuana for more than 30 years. I've been golfing longer than that. The two worlds have never crossed paths in my life. It may be different for those that came to the game during or after the Tiger era but what was acceptable behavior on the course prior to that was considerably more straight. Even drinking was more subdued back then. It certainly happened but it wasn't the happy hour atmosphere it's become. Even my 12 step friends that were permanently intoxicated back in the day typically took their game serious enough to not get lit up on the course.

Dave :-)

I'm afraid I'd have to disagree with you. I've seen weed on the course one time I can think of. No one I know who golfs regularly smokes weed. In fact, I don't know anyone who smokes weed regularly. But, before you say, " well you just wouldn't know it..." I used to smoke weed everyday when I was a youngster. I'm well aware of weed smoking when I do encounter it.

Smoking is kind of passe' anyway, especially in medical MJ states. Those in the know vaporize or use edibles. The advantages are numerous. However I don't bring that on to the course either. Actually I'm not much of a user myself and I abide by the regulations the state has put forth concerning MMJ use and handling, I'm on the books as a caregiver. I do brew tincture for a dear friend with a rare esophageal condition that makes it difficult to swallow food. He needs inspiration to eat at times and when the far more dangerous drugs his pcp fail him that's all that works for him. However he's not crazy about the high part. How's that for a thread derail?.

Dave :-)

Originally Posted by Dave2512

Smoking is kind of passe' anyway, especially in medical MJ states. Those in the know vaporize or use edibles. The advantages are numerous. However I don't bring that on to the course either. Actually I'm not much of a user myself and I abide by the regulations the state has put forth concerning MMJ use and handling, I'm on the books as a caregiver. I do brew tincture for a dear friend with a rare esophageal condition that makes it difficult to swallow food. He needs inspiration to eat at times and when the far more dangerous drugs his pcp fail him that's all that works for him. However he's not crazy about the high part. How's that for a thread derail?.

Any good edible recipes?

What's in the bag

Note: This thread is 3877 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!