IGNORED

What DOES 'Mashed Potatoes" mean?

joekelly
Note: This thread is 3903 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

its because all of us europeans are suave and sophisticated and not prone to random out paper clip outbursts , maybe they all have tourettes

Cart Bag

Hi Bore  xls Driver

Big Bertha steelhead plus  3 and 5 Woods

Pro Gold 20 and 24 degree Hybrids

MD Superstrong Irons

MD Norman Drew Low Bounce wedges

Putter 

Originally Posted by trackster

Really people, you don't know what Mashed Potatoes means?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mashed_potato

That does look good - thank you!

MashShy.jpg

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I've come to the conclusion that most of you have a stick up your butt, and if I am ever to attend a professional golf event I will, in fact, yell stupid phrases after tee shots just to spite you.

• Upvote 1

Driver - Cobra S3 9.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon JavlnFX M7 
Fwy - Titleist 904F 18*
Irons - Mizuno MP-14
Wedges - Cleveland 588 54*, Ping Tour 58*
Putter - Ping D66 (iWi)

Originally Posted by pixel5

I've come to the conclusion that most of you have a stick up your butt, and if I am ever to attend a professional golf event I will, in fact, yell stupid phrases after tee shots just to spite you.

I really try not be an a-hole or have a stick up my butt but go to The Masters a couple of times and you will not be able to stand any other golf tourney.  ANGC demands the fans (patrons) be respectful to each other, players, and staff.  Other tournaments could do the same thing but dont have the balls.  Personally, I think it is childish and rude to do all this yelling crap.  I am not saying that it should be totally quiet, but yelling is just dumb.  Someone looking for their 15 minutes.  If it is distracting for me as a fan, it has to be distracting as a player.

Originally Posted by pixel5

Conclude whatever you want, I'm just happy I was born with a stick up my butt and not with some childish desire to yell out stupid phrases in public.

• Upvote 1

Bill

Originally Posted by sacm3bill

Conclude whatever you want, I'm just happy I was born with a stick up my butt and not with some childish desire to yell out stupid phrases in public.

Until you've yelled out stupid phrases in public, you haven't lived.

• Upvote 3

Driver - Cobra S3 9.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon JavlnFX M7 
Fwy - Titleist 904F 18*
Irons - Mizuno MP-14
Wedges - Cleveland 588 54*, Ping Tour 58*
Putter - Ping D66 (iWi)

Totally don't get the whole "mashed potatoes" thing.  Somebody was yelling something about "medium rare" at the US Open, too . .I have no idea what that is supposed to accomplish.  It's not so much the yelling I don't understand but the words they yell.  Nobody yells "Mashed Potatoes" at football games, do they?

I will always remember that fat dude standing behind Dustin Johnson when he hit that shot out of the waste bunker at Whistling Straights.  As soon as DJ hit the shot, the guy throws his arms up in the air like he just made a hole in one or a touchdown or something.  I guess people just get carried away in the moment and do things that make no sense.

Originally Posted by AmazingWhacker

Totally don't get the whole "mashed potatoes" thing.  Somebody was yelling something about "medium rare" at the US Open, too . .I have no idea what that is supposed to accomplish.  It's not so much the yelling I don't understand but the words they yell.  Nobody yells "Mashed Potatoes" at football games, do they?

I will always remember that fat dude standing behind Dustin Johnson when he hit that shot out of the waste bunker at Whistling Straights.  As soon as DJ hit the shot, the guy throws his arms up in the air like he just made a hole in one or a touchdown or something.  I guess people just get carried away in the moment and do things that make no sense.

Maybe they looked up "mashed potatoes" on Wikipedia and found the image I posted above. Did you hear anyone yell, "onion rings"?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by AmazingWhacker

I would guess "medium rare" implies that he cooked it off the tee or something... although "medium rare" generally wouldn't infer that he cooked it very well.

• Upvote 1

IN MY BAG
Driver: Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver
3 Wood: Calloway RAZR Hawk
Hybrid: Ping 19*
Irons: Mizuno JPX 825
Wedges: 52, 56 Cleveland
Putter: Odyssey White Ice

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by MrSandman

You seem to be pretty uptight generally.  You would make a great hall monitor.

pardon the trolling but,

aren't you the guy who's all uptight about shopping at wal mart and target and upper class pro shops etc???

IN MY BAG
Driver: Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver
3 Wood: Calloway RAZR Hawk
Hybrid: Ping 19*
Irons: Mizuno JPX 825
Wedges: 52, 56 Cleveland
Putter: Odyssey White Ice

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

What are people gonna yell out now," Elephant Turd", "Projectile Vomit", or  "Fairway Finder" . Jeez it,s really annoying!

WITB:

Taylormade R11 Driver

Taylormade RBZ 3 Wood

Tour Edge Exotics Trilogy #3 Hybrid

Tour Edge Exotics Trilogy #4 Hybrid

Taylormade Tour Preferred CB 5-PW

Cally Jaws X Series Wedges 50,54,58*

Ping I Series Putter 34"

Taylormade Penta Ball and TP Black LDP

Rain Gear and a bunch of other crap

Who cares? As long as it's after the ball has been struck it shouldn't effect a player's performance.

Are you equally upset when people cheer at other sporting events? Make noise during a foul shot?

2013 Goal:

Single digit handicap

The problem is we have a culture compared to europe where you are celebrated for being a drunken moronic idiot. I miss growing up in Finland and would love to move back sometime but I'm not a fan of 4 months of dark and snow at the same time.

Originally Posted by Mattplusness

Who cares? As long as it's after the ball has been struck it shouldn't effect a player's performance.

Are you equally upset when people cheer at other sporting events? Make noise during a foul shot?

Think about it, if someone yells the same thing or something stupid after you hit the ball everytime would you be able to let it not get to you? I doubt it, go ahead and play with your friends and have them yell something a split second after you hit it everytime and watch as you hit a 102 instead of your 91 average.

Note: This thread is 3903 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!