Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TN94z

Webb Simpson skipping the next major

10 posts in this topic

Well, I can't say that I would choose any different.  I don't think there is any way I would leave my expecting wife to go away and play golf.  It is a major, but family is family.  I figure this was a no-brainer as hard as it may have been.  Here is a quote from

Quote:
"After winning it's certainly a little bit harder to not go," Simpson told reporters at the Travelers Championship . "But in the grand scheme of life, it's a decision I know I'll always be happy I made."

Would any of you guys choose to play?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Hey, maybe he listened to Bubba after all! Bubba basically skipped his next major too! :-D

Originally Posted by iacas

Hey, maybe he listened to Bubba after all! Bubba basically skipped his next major too!

Haha!!  That's  hard to argue...

They were mentioning it on Sunday after Webb won, that he was planning on skipping the British Open anyway cuz his wife's due date is too close to the tournament date.

I applaud him for not changing those plans just cuz he won the US Open. He understands what's truly important.

They were mentioning it on Sunday after Webb won, that he was planning on skipping the British Open anyway cuz his wife's due date is too close to the tournament date.

Dummy needs to learn to read a calendar - just go back nine months from early December or late November. ;-)

Originally Posted by iacas

Dummy needs to learn to read a calendar - just go back nine months from early December or late November.

Should be easy for a Christian. They only fornicate to procreate.

I think it's fine that he's skipping the Open... it's a long way to go and he'll have other opportunities to play it... as important as golf is for these guys, family should come first.

Originally Posted by zipazoid

Should be easy for a Christian. They only fornicate to procreate.

If that the case then the Simpsons are going to have 20 kids.  Webb's wife is hot!  I give Webb credit for still being able to focus on golf with something like that to go home to.

Youd think that if you were trying to have a baby that youd plan it so that the birth was during the winter but if the Simpsons are as religious as it sounds like they are, Im sure they dont believe in birth control and this baby was a little bit of an oops.

Originally Posted by TitleistWI

...Im sure they dont believe in birth control and this baby was a little bit of an oops.

pull and pray for the loss.