IGNORED

Burner vs Burner TP

Note: This thread is 6148 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was told by one of the golf store sales person that Burner is better than Burner TP... He told me that I would regret buying the TP version compared to the regular one... Anyone tried both versions and found real significant difference? Which did you prefer?
Driver
909D2 9.5º w/ Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum Stiff

Woods
909F2 13.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway Stiff 909F2 18.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway StiffIrons MP60 3-PW w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Sensicore S300Wedges Vokey Design 200 Series Tour Chrome 52-08 w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold S200...

The only difference between the burner and it's T.P. version is that the shaft is 1/2 an inch shorter(TP=45.5 in. Regular= 46 in), the club head on the TP is shorter and the and the face on the TP is 1 degree open both of the stock shafts are 50 grams

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

I was told at a demo day this weekend that the shaft kick points are different. The TP should give you a lower ball flight.

I hit both and it did give me a lower ball flight but I was not as impressed with either as I hoped. It was my driver of choice going to demo day and ended up finishing about 4th or 5th on my list.

hammerTyme();
stop();

i debated this and ended up with the burner tp, my reasoning? the regular burner for me created more spin. also the regular burner is only a 299gm head with a 50 gm shaft that was too light for me so i went with the burner tp which is a 305gm head with the 65gram graphite design shaft.

they are totally different clubs so i wouldnt even compare the 2 to be honest with you.

driver: Burner TP 9.5 S
FWY Wood: 906F2 15.5*
hybrid: Idea Pro 18*
irons: MP-57 3-W
Wedges: X-Forged 56, 60 Putter: Anser Redwood Putter Black Series i #9

Well, to start, the Burner has a closed face and the TP has an open face. The TP will launch a little lower, but might also give you less spin. I went with the TP version because I already hit a natural draw and didnt need any help in that department. I can work the ball more with the TP as well. It seemed that with the regular Burner, the ball was only going one direction- Left.
In My Bag:

Driver: taylormade.gif R11 TP 9˚ -Diamana Kai'li 65
Woods: cleveland.gif Launcher FL 13˚
Hybrids: titleist.gif909H 19˚, 24˚Irons: mizuno.gif MP-53  5-P Wedges:  mizuno.gif MP-T11 50, 54 titleist.gifBlack Nickel 58.08 Putter: cleveland.gifClassic Black Platinum #2 Ball: titleist.gif ProV1x -  Hole-in-one 4/17/09 www.colonialcountryclub.org

They truly are two different clubs...

The Burner is longer, lighter, and has a closed face to help the most common miss in the game, a slice. The face is shallow, and the shaft is of lesser quality IMO (not that it matters, because you should be fitted for a shaft anyway).

The TP version as mentioned in previous posts has a square to slightly open club face allowing someone like me (who's miss is a draw that turns into a pull hook) to swing more freely without concerns of a closed face grabbing the ball. The club face is also much deeper than the Non-TP variety, and the stock 65g (not 50) Graphite Designs shaft put up great numbers for me, extremely good quality shaft for a stock offering.

This club has been a rocket for me, and the HiBore that it replaced, which was an excellent club in it's own right, is a distant memory...
In My Bag:

Taylormade: Superquad 9.5 Aldila VS Proto 'By You' 70-S
Sonartec: SS-07 14.0 Aldila NV 85-S
Cleveland: Halo, 3i UST Irod 83-SPing: i-10 4-UW AWT-STitleist: Vokey Design Spin Milled 54.10 & 60.08Slighter: Handstamped Tacoma, 350G in Black Satin w/Sound Slot

They truly are two different clubs...

Just make sure that if you are purchasing it the shaft is the 65g GDI shaft because they also fit the 50g Fuji shaft in there too.

driver: Burner TP 9.5 S
FWY Wood: 906F2 15.5*
hybrid: Idea Pro 18*
irons: MP-57 3-W
Wedges: X-Forged 56, 60 Putter: Anser Redwood Putter Black Series i #9

I hit them both and liked the TP much better, just because of the heavier shaft, 50g was just too light.

By the way, what is the price difference?

In My Bag :

Driver : HiBore XL
3 Wood : Launcher Gold
Hybrid : 3i Halo 22*Irons : CG4 4-PWWedges : 588 DSG RTG 52* CG11 56* / 60*Putter : GM Exchange2 #4Ball : Z-URS

I was told by one of the golf store sales person that Burner is better than Burner TP... He told me that I would regret buying the TP version compared to the regular one... Anyone tried both versions and found real significant difference? Which did you prefer?

Why would you go with a Burner when you already have the best driver in golf?

Driver: Callaway FT-5 Tour 9.5 neutral, Fujikura Fit-On 380 Shaft
3 Wood: Callaway X-Tour 13 degree, X-Stiff Steel Shaft
5 Wood/Hybrid: Callaway X-Hybrid 18 degree, Stiff Graphite Shaft
Irons: Cleveland CG2 Forged 3-PW, GW, SW, X-Stiff Steel Shaft
Putter: Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum NewportBal...

This post was done before I ordered my FT-5 Tour... hehehe... Explosive face although I still am not fond of the sound but who cares when you bomb it across the course

Driver
909D2 9.5º w/ Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum Stiff

Woods
909F2 13.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway Stiff 909F2 18.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway StiffIrons MP60 3-PW w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Sensicore S300Wedges Vokey Design 200 Series Tour Chrome 52-08 w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold S200...

as my siggy says, i just got back to playing some serious golf.

i played today on a 145 slope rated course and I reached a 595 yard par 5 in 2. I used to hit my drives with my old 300 series Taylor Made 260-280 yards on average. I carry 260-280 now with the FT-5. Just this morning, I hit a driver 330 yards(i'm guestimating a 280-290 yard carry). It was wind-aided, but STILL. NASTY!!!

As far as the sound goes, I love it. It feels and sounds like an explosion off the face. I actually feel the ball warp and hang on the club face for a split second before launching into the stratosphere.

Congrats on the great purchase. Hope you love it as much as I do.

Driver: Callaway FT-5 Tour 9.5 neutral, Fujikura Fit-On 380 Shaft
3 Wood: Callaway X-Tour 13 degree, X-Stiff Steel Shaft
5 Wood/Hybrid: Callaway X-Hybrid 18 degree, Stiff Graphite Shaft
Irons: Cleveland CG2 Forged 3-PW, GW, SW, X-Stiff Steel Shaft
Putter: Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum NewportBal...

Different strokes for different folks.

That's the beauty of golf, there's a driver for everyone...
In My Bag:

Taylormade: Superquad 9.5 Aldila VS Proto 'By You' 70-S
Sonartec: SS-07 14.0 Aldila NV 85-S
Cleveland: Halo, 3i UST Irod 83-SPing: i-10 4-UW AWT-STitleist: Vokey Design Spin Milled 54.10 & 60.08Slighter: Handstamped Tacoma, 350G in Black Satin w/Sound Slot

Note: This thread is 6148 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!