IGNORED

Finding Golf shoes

Note: This thread is 4307 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Wasn't quite sure where to put this thread. Basically I think that Footjoy ladies lopros are pretty slick. like these. Does anyone know of any mens shoes that look similar to these? The shape and panel layout. Sorry if this is a poor description not sure what design you would call this type of shoe. Cheers in advance.

footjoy-womens-lo*********-shoes-whitebrown.jpg

no one would know your wearing a ladies shoe unless u told them just do that math to convert them into mens size and pray they make them that big. theres some big footed women out there lol

This had crossed my mind. My feet aren't massive 9 uk. Though they are pretty wide, could get a serious red neck asking to try on women's shoes in the shop HAHA

Originally Posted by newtogolf

The Footjoy Icon is very close, but probably more expensive.

I had looked at those also, something like them was probably my option if i couldn't find something a little squarer like the ladies ones. The women's ones seem like old school mens shoes. I assume shoes like that are something or a rarity on the course?

http://www.budgetgolf.com/FootJoy_FJ_Street_56478.html

i just got these and LOVE THEM! i tried on shoes that cost twice as much and they werent nearly as confortable. they come in wides which i have to have. i walked 9 holes today and didnt want to even take them off afterwards. they are far from classic looking but they feel amazing to my feet

Originally Posted by zombywoof

Try "wingtips", might help you in your search - good luck.

Thanks, wingtips helped loads for looking for that style of shoe. Can't see anything the exact same yet, though the women's do go up to a size 12 wide..... we'll see

• 2 weeks later...

I found these on clearance  (still pretty costly unfortunately,  but they make GREAT shoes,  so I suspect their golf-shoes to be great also)   They only list a few sizes available,  but when I called,  they had a bunch more:

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF7411_1_40000000001_-1

They have them in Brown/Black as well.

1025957.jpg?1339545901

Looking at these shoes is making my feet hurt....

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

Looking at these shoes is making my feet hurt....

Personal preference is one thing,  so if you said they made your eyes hurt,  I wouldn't fault you one bit!   Despite looking like something a groomsman would wear,  a nice soft calf-skin shoe can be exceptionally comfortable,  much more so than an "athletic" style shoe that has an overly hard rubber sole, and inadequate padding, and worse yet,  'plastic-like' seams around the outside that rub against your foot/heel.

I know the ones I got don't look comfortable,  but it's my experience that any shoe with full leather uppers will wear nicely to the point where you don't realize you're wearing shoes at all.

I personally don't understand the need for the support of the Icon  "Boa" designs,  and although I'm not trying to be in a fashion show,  I cringe when I see those 'golf-sandals'  for sale  (never seen anyone wear them before)

I do think the Ashworth shoes with the small nubby-spike things look pretty good,  and also look comfy,  but despite the fact that I'm not yet a senior,  I try my best to keep with the tradition of the game so the two things I do without fail are play with proper etiquette, and I ALWAYS wear long pants, and I have played my fair share of goat-ranches in addition to top rated courses.  (no offense to those who are and wear shorts)

Allen Edmunds make great shoes, I still have a pair from 1981.

But I'd have a tough time walking 18 with a bag in those shoes.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

Allen Edmunds make great shoes, I still have a pair from 1981.

But I'd have a tough time walking 18 with a bag in those shoes.

You're making me nervous....  I've been apprehensive about buying new shoes because of the fact that I couldn't get the "Classics"  I wanted since they stopped making them,  and couldn't justify the price of the 'new in box'  ones on ebay since I couldn't try them on and return them if they didn't fit right.    My current shoes came with metal spikes,  but that's another rant for another time.   If you have Allen Edmonds now,  and obviously enjoy the quality of them etc.....  what would be your reservations about their comfort level as far as golf shoes be?    Their track record  (with me personally)  was my main deciding factor in spending WAY more than I would ever want to on golf shoes.   I enjoy the fact that I can wear their shoes to weddings etc. and be completely comfortable,  but my daily duties etc. don't put me in anything nearly that formal,  and when I'm around the house,  I'm a cheap flip-flop guy,  so I'm certainly not a high-brow guy at all.

I read ad-naseum about how Icons are basically the FJ Classics just "better"  but I just can't get behind the more contemporary look of them  (not that I mind them,  but at the cost,  I would want something closer to what I WANT)

I would have readily jumped on these,  but they either made them for a short time,  or they were mistakes,  or something,  I just found them while searching,  and could never find them,  besides,  they're 'closer'  to a cap-toe than a true wingtip,  but that's splitting hairs.

1256.FJ52112.jpg

Originally Posted by Macca400

This had crossed my mind. My feet aren't massive 9 uk. Though they are pretty wide, could get a serious red neck asking to try on women's shoes in the shop HAHA

I do it all the time - crap I've posted on the wrong forum again.

In my mizuno.gif Neo Cart Bag or rife.gif Staff Bag on clicgear.gif 2.0 Trolley
 Driver: R11 10.5* |  3W: CB4 15* | adams.gif Hybrid: Idea Pro (20* & 23*)
bridgestone.gif Irons: J36 Cavity Back (5-PW) | vokey.gif Wedges: S.M Oil Cans: 52.08, 56.08 & 60.04
rife.gif Putter: 2-bar Hybrid Blade | bridgestone.gif Ball: B330-RX  Ball: Pro V1

Originally Posted by Fore Left

You're making me nervous....  I've been apprehensive about buying new shoes because of the fact that I couldn't get the "Classics"  I wanted since they stopped making them,  and couldn't justify the price of the 'new in box'  ones on ebay since I couldn't try them on and return them if they didn't fit right.    My current shoes came with metal spikes,  but that's another rant for another time.   If you have Allen Edmonds now,  and obviously enjoy the quality of them etc.....  what would be your reservations about their comfort level as far as golf shoes be?    Their track record  (with me personally)  was my main deciding factor in spending WAY more than I would ever want to on golf shoes.   I enjoy the fact that I can wear their shoes to weddings etc. and be completely comfortable,  but my daily duties etc. don't put me in anything nearly that formal,  and when I'm around the house,  I'm a cheap flip-flop guy,  so I'm certainly not a high-brow guy at all.

I read ad-naseum about how Icons are basically the FJ Classics just "better"  but I just can't get behind the more contemporary look of them  (not that I mind them,  but at the cost,  I would want something closer to what I WANT)

I would have readily jumped on these,  but they either made them for a short time,  or they were mistakes,  or something,  I just found them while searching,  and could never find them,  besides,  they're 'closer'  to a cap-toe than a true wingtip,  but that's splitting hairs.

Oh, I'm sure the Allen-Edmunds are fine, better than Footjoy. But for me, the old style Classics or formal shoes, are typically too heavy and confining.  They apparently work for you, and that's great.

My taste is evolving to where I value lite-weight, comfort, and more athletic, or ground-effects shoes.

Good luck.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I used to wear Footjoy up until the beginning of this season when I outgrew mine, I ended up going with the Adidas Tour 360s, they were on sale for a great deal, hard to pass those up !

Titleist 913D2 9.5 (UST VTS 65)

Titleist 913F 15 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 913H 19 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 714 AP2 (4-PW) (DG XP-95)

Titleist Vokey SM5 (52,56,58) (DG XP-95)

Ping Anser 2 Classic

Originally Posted by Fore Left

My sister found a website with a page called MyJoys basically a nike id for foot joys, a bit more expensive but you can make some pretty slick shoes.

http://www.golfbuyitonline.com/Footjoy-Myjoys-Mens.php

You can make FJ icons with a shield tip on the toe that look identical to those. Can choose material colour etc. They're about £180

Note: This thread is 4307 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!