IGNORED

The Hammer

IeaglePar3s
Note: This thread is 3179 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Have or has anyone played The "Hammer" Driver from the infomercial on the golf channel? If so how did you like it, and dit it feel nice at impact? Because I want 50 yards added to my drives! POWW!

Whats in the bag!

Driver: Titileist 983 E. 9.5* S.
Woods 3&5: Titileist 906F
Irons: Nike NDS 3-pwLob Wedge: Vokey 60*Wedge: Vokey Spin Milled 56*Putter: Nike Oz Black T160. 35Ball: Titileist Pro V1-x

note on their website .. they guarantee "20 yards faster" ... a faster 20 yards? sure hit the ball .01mph harder and its a faster 20 yards i guess.

Only $100 bucks and, if you call in the next thirty minutes, they'll throw in a free 3 wood! Geez, I can't believe Titleist, Callaway, Taylor Made, Cleveland, etc... didn't think of this first.

Is there any indication on the website whether that sucker is USGA conforming?

Driver: Launcher, 10.5°
Fairway: Big Bertha 2007, 15° & 18°
Hybrid: Rapture, 21° & 24°
Irons: Big Bertha 2006, 5 - PW
Wedges: Vokey, 52° & 56°Putter: White Hot XG, Rossie Ball: HX HotI'm not saying my golf game went bad, but if I grew tomatoes, they'd come up sliced. ~ Lee Trevino

It's not.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Only $100 bucks and, if you call in the next thirty minutes, they'll throw in a free 3 wood! Geez, I can't believe Titleist, Callaway, Taylor Made, Cleveland, etc... didn't think of this first.

I couldn't find it here:

http://www.usga.org/equipment/confor...ClubList_P.pdf but it's always possible I dozed off after browsing through a few pages. There are a lot of drivers listed that are conforming. It would be interesting to know what brand of shaft they have on the driver & 3-wood if they'll give you both for $100. When you refer to "that sucker" are you referring to the driver or the poor schmuck who sends in his $100??

I went to that website and it almost made me wanna vomit, those are some fugly clubs!

And they are 100% non-conforming

MX500 9.5* S
Burrows Golf MAC Powersphere 3W
IDEA PRO Irons
Perfect Club 21*
IDEA PRO 3HSakamoto 54* X-tour 60* Newport 2 Pro Platinum Custom

Me and my friends always have fun with this on the range/golf course.

When someone pops off a good drive, right away you get

WHAMMMMMMMY!! POWWWWWW THE HAMMER!
Whats in the Bag?

Titleist 907D2 - UST ProForce V2 65S
Callaway X-Tour 15* - Fujikira Tour Platform
Titleist 755 - DG S300TM RAC TP Wedges - 52, 56, 60YES! Tracy IITitliest PRO-V1
Current Handicap - 4

It would be interesting to know what brand of shaft they have on the driver & 3-wood if they'll give you both for $100.

The infomercial says that the Hammer has an "amazing" state of the art shaft that automatically adjusts to all players' swing speeds! Wow!!!! I might buy this club just so that I can replace the shaft in my Cleveland Launcher.

Wedges: Vokey, 52° & 56°Putter: White Hot XG, Rossie Ball: HX HotI'm not saying my golf game went bad, but if I grew tomatoes, they'd come up sliced. ~ Lee Trevino

So I think they say that this guy is a world champion long driver or whatever...

Don't they have to use conforming clubs in the long drive contests??

What's in the Bag

Driver: HiBore 10.5* ProLaunch Blue 65s
Hybrid: No Fear 3i
Irons: Launcher LP 4-PW Harmonized 50* GWAmerican Standard 56* SWStriker by Golf Trends 60* LobPutter: Pro Response bladeBall: Tour Fire

So I think they say that this guy is a world champion long driver or whatever...

I think it's a relatively recent change, but yes they do. I believe pretty much everything in those competitions has to be conforming now.

I don't think Hamm is claiming this is the club he used in long drive competitions. He's just saying he is an "expert" on the constrution of drivers because he happens to be able to hit one a long way. That's like saying Dale Earnhardt, Jr. is an expert on mechanical engineering and aerodynamics because he can drive a car real fast.

Hammer eh...... $100 for this , Go to home depot and picked one up for less than $15 ofcourse the shaft is wood, the fancy platic ones is $20 . Have you guys seen that new club/putter Jack Hamm put out on the market called the "Zero Latitude Putter" It does look like a hammer...so Ugly and most probablly does not conform to USGA or the geneva convention. lol

905R or 907D2 9.5* Fujikura Speeder X-stiff
GS Tour 3W
R7 Fairway Wood 5
Burner Rescue Hybrid 3H
755 iron set 4-PW Spin Milled 52*, 56*, 60* Studio Design Black Laguna, 35" Tour Issue One Black CB641 Caddy Bag Japan Model

Yes I purchased the Hammer and was quite satisfied with it.... However, the driver head has become loose on the shaft and just spins around it. When I contacted customer service thay said they could not find me in their database and asked if I purchased the warranty.....(couldn't remeber if I did or Not) Needless to say I am not too happy with their customer service. I my opinion the looseness is a manufaturing defect and they should at least fix it.... I will wind up apoxing the head to the shaft in order to use the driver again......

Because I want 50 yards added to my drives! POWW! [/QUOTE]

hit the weight room and same your money

In My Bag: This week
Driver: Nike square Sumo 10.5
4-Wood: Nike square Sumo 14.5
7 wood Cleveland launcher,
5 utility 19* clevelandIrons: 4-7 Titleist 690mb 8-pw Mizuno MP 33Wedges: Gauge Design GAS II 52* and 58* Putter: Scotty Cameron TE 10 2.5TP Mills or Cameron's or Bettinardi's. let me...

I generally regard anyone who avidly uses anything that is "as seen on tv" with a scoff. It's probably because my in laws love that crap.

In my Matrix XTT bag,
on my Sun Mountain Speed Cart
LD M-Speed 10.5* Driver
V18 full set of starter clubs
3W, 3iw, 4iw, 5-S Irons and Wedges Kirk Currie KC4 PutterHome Course:Pajaro Valley Golf Clubwww.pajarovalleygolf.com

And what in the heck is "zolex"?

The website says, "The Hammer Driver is the only driver that uses Zolex, a 21st century material that is lighter than titanium."

But "zolex" ain't in none uv dem dagnab online dictionaries!

I have a feeling "zolex" is a figment . . . of somebody's imagination.

And what in the heck is "zolex"?

I bought a Zolex last month from a guy in Times Square. Only cost me $50.00 bucks.

• Upvote 1

Note: This thread is 3179 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!