IGNORED

The Hammer

IeaglePar3s
Note: This thread is 3206 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yeah I know what you mean, now that I like golf, my family is like, SWEET we ALWAYS know what to get him for ANY occasion. My brother keeps giving me these packs with tees that are too short, some kind of ball cleaning brush that looks the same as my baby sisters brush for her barbies, and 2 balls in the packet that say like TOUR CHAMPION 1 and TOUR CHAMPION2. I usually play the balls when Im by myself on a course and decide to try and get real greedy on a drive so if it soars 3 fairways over i dont have to go look for it. I used one the other day for putting only because it had a nice straight line on it. After a few holes I noticed the white (paint?) on the outside was wearing off just from the abuse of my putter??? and it was chipping away to show a clear plasticish ball on the inside.. Oh well thought that counts, its still better than a sweater.

Adams Golf Idea a2 OS Hybrids
(all but the 3iron, I broke it )

• 1 month later...

I'm keeping the thread alive...I just saw the Hammer infomercial for the first time (never had Golf Channel), and it was an AMAZING piece of cinematography. I laughed out loud reading this whole thread.

My favorite line is "taking over the world of golf...by storm." Pick an expression.

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought this off of eBay for 30 bucks so I will let you know direct reviews. I have hit 300+ drives here and there that stay in the fairway. I am interested to see how this thing will perform. Keeping the thread alive!!!

My dad showed up with this thing at our last tournament;

http://www.golfclubsmentor.com/image...e%20driver.jpg

He had been bragging of a a new club all week....I never saw it again after that day and he put the launcher back in his bag thankfully. The best part of that ^^ driver was the "gangster medallion" on the back of the club that says "460."

Where I play: Mission Viejo CC and
long Beach Skylinks

In My Red Cleveland Club Count Bag Today;
Hibore XLS 11.5* w/ Diamana Redboard Flowerband 63 S 2009 Launcher 3WD HT 17* w/ Graffalloy Epic 87g S Hibore XLS Hybrid 22* w/ Graffalloy Epic S and 25* w/ Project X 6.0 CG2 4-PW w/ Project X 6.0 HL...

I would love to try out one of these drivers, who cares if it's not usga conforming. I'm sure it's a lot of fun. Maybe not 100 bucks worth, but someday, it would be nice to hit these guys, especially on a casual weekend game. Drive all the short par 4's ya know?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I get a feeling that Jack Hamm is the Chuck Norris of golf so I won't mess with 'THE HAMMER'...got to love the voiceover on the informercial

https://www.hammergolfshop.com/ver1/index.asp
After four straight drives short (less than 100 yards) and to the right I never saw it again the rest of the day.

In the Matrix XTT Standbag:

Driver: Biggest Big Bertha 11*
Fairway Wood: Steelhead Plus 3 Wood
Irons: T-Zoid Titanium Insert irons 3-SWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.04Putter: Pro Platinum Laguna 34" w/ British Open '04 headcoverBall: ProV1 Rule35 Playing again after a three year hiatus...

Anytime I watch the Hammer infomercial, my mind immediately relates to this video.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

I get crap like this alllllllll the time around the holidays. I feel bad because I have to put on a good face because its the intention that counts. I come from a family of non golfers so I dont expect them to know any better. I have a ton of cart coolers (even though I never ride), repair tools, special gift packs that come with tees and repair tools (but nothing useful), and my favorite is the xout topflights... really? Yeah, I'm not joking... rejected top flights

What's worse than a gift of a dozen Top Flites?

. . . . . . . . . . . Two dozen Top Flites !!

So I bought the Hammer off eBay from a local guy ( no shipping ) and picked it up yesterday. I got the driver the three wood and the guy even still had the Jack Hamm booklet that comes with it, all for a 38 buck total. I mostly just wanted to try it out and joke around with my buddies making POW noises as we hit drives.

First off this thing is long shafted probably 48". So I was really careful my first couple of practice swings just nice and easy and then stepped up and real smooth slow swing and BAM! I sh*t you not probably 320 off the box on a straight PAR 5.

I spent the rest of the evening trying to recreate swinging harder with no luck. As I got more comfortable with the length I swung harder, but the harder you swing this thing the shorter it goes it seems like. Maybe just takes some getting used to not sure.

I am going to try and work it out at the range but it definitely has a different sound to it not loud just different. When you hit it right you will know cause it just takes off. POOOOOWWWWW!!!

I found a clip of the full length informerical on YouTube and one guy's response was:

'I saw this and rebuilt my house out of Zolex'

Irons: T-Zoid Titanium Insert irons 3-SWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.04Putter: Pro Platinum Laguna 34" w/ British Open '04 headcoverBall: ProV1 Rule35 Playing again after a three year hiatus...

Anytime I watch the Hammer infomercial, my mind immediately relates to this video.

that was an amazing video...

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Can anyone sit there and watch that video without busting up laughing? I mean what a whack job.

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

can someone link the full infomercial. I cant find it on youtube.

Driver: G10 10.5 Stock Shaft
3 Wood: Taylormade r580XD
Irons: AP2 3-P, Project X 5.5
Wedges: Tour-W 52*, 56* SM, 60* SM
Putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5 34"Ball: ProV1 or ProV1xLow Score:74

I especially like the part at the beginning when he swings he yells BOOOOOM!

Whats in my Warbird Hot Bad:

Driver: 907D1 9.5 - 65-S Aldila VS Proto --- FT-IQ coming soon?
2 Hybrid: Rescue mid-TP 16 deg
3 Hybrid: Rescue TP - HC Tour Only Model 19 deg - DG X-1004-PW: 695CB Irons - Project X 6.0Wedges Vokey SM58, Vokey SM54, Vokey 250Putter Futura PhantomWhere I WorkMy...

can someone link the full infomercial. I cant find it on youtube.

He looks like a real life Ken Doll. Probably with similar anatomy.

STR8 Dymo 10.5
Dymo 3W
Mid Rescue 3
MP-33 4-PW
Eidolon 52* GW LW, SW Titleist Bullseye Putter

I like the sort of yell/grunt that gets laid over the soundtrack

Laugh as much as you like, guys - then look through the posts on these boards about the latest "technology" and well known manufacturers making baseless claims and people believing them. Wow GSS !!!! High MOI putter!!!! Double muscle back!!! Triangular/square driver!!!! MWT!!!!! Composite driver head!!!!! Titanium this and "grain flow forged" that. In the seventies it was all investment cast this and multistepped shafts. Thumb through any golf magazine and look at the number of ads which say that this and that club or ball helps you hit it longer and straighter - not as OTT as The Hammer, but it's just the same old advertising BS that we can choose to ignore or believe. No one's going to drool over your Hammer 3 wood, but they will look enviously at OEM gear that is expensively promoted but in a more stylish way.
Now - I'm not saying that all technology is Bs - because it isn't, but a spade is a spade.

Note: This thread is 3206 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!