IGNORED

Tour edge exotics 11.5* 3++ wood

Note: This thread is 3465 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't know about the rest of you but my driver has always been the death of me. I've never strived for more distance. I'm 5'3" and carry on average about 245. It's my Acuracy that sucks. I have a two plane swing with a predictable fade. But my driver always has a bad line. I'm sick of the giant 460cc turtle on a stick heads. I have been dying for something smaller with new technology for years. I also hate most of the "made for" shafts that come attached to 300-500 clubs. My wife recently surprised me with a tour edge exotics 11.5 3 wood. All I can say is "holy $h1t!" off the tee with the stock aldila rip sigma, my carry is up 10 and my roll out is substantially longer. Off the deck, I'm up 15 yards from my Adams 13.5 f11 ti with a rip alpha. This thing bombs off tight lies. Out of the rough I'd say it's slightly above average. Once swing adjustments are made to get it up quick and the rough is just a minor inconvenience. The best part I got my old school small driver head and it's replaced my driver and three wood. It opened my bag up for one more wedge or hybrid depending on the course I'm playing. One club for the Driver and fairway bomber! On top of all this, it workable, and forgiving, with great feel. Hit it high or low, draw or fade, cut shot or dick straight...... It does it all. The stock shaft is not disappointing either. The rip sigma seems to load a little easier than the alpha and launch higher. So for those reading and lovers of smaller drivers, give this bad boy a shot! I have no affiliation with TEE but I gotta promote a great product. Driver technology is maxed out and everyone makes more distance claims. TEE tried something new and delivered on every claim they have made to me. The proof is in the pudding, the last three rounds I lower my score 4, 2 a 5 shots respectively. That's a big deal. I have made no other changes other than his club and put my 64* puglielli black back in the bag. For 300 bucks you get two amazing clubs in one......go for it! Sorry for typos I'm sending this on my iPhone from the 19th hole.....

TEE XCG5 11.5* 3++ Fairway w/ Nventix Nunchuck TEE XCG5 16.5* 4 wood Fairway w/ Nventix Nunchuk Adams Super Black 19* Hybrid w/ Nventix Nunchuk 370 Adams CB2 4 Iron w/ Nventix Nunchuck xi Adams CB1 5 and 6 iron w/ Nventix Nunchuck xi Adams MB2 7,8 and 9 irons w/ Nventix Nunchuk xi Adams Puglielli Black 48* 53* 58* 64* w/ DG Spinners Rife Tropical Finish Island Series Barbados Srixon Z-STAR XV tour yellow Pure Grips Hirzl gloves

I'm a huge TEE cheerleader too. I have the XCG, 15˚.  Good control, forgiving for a 3w, and easily 10-15 yards more than other 3ws I've hit.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have a CB4 15* and love it. Same shaft as OP in a stiff and I agree this thing is a bomber. Blew away the competition when I was in the market for a 3W this year.

In my mizuno.gif Neo Cart Bag or rife.gif Staff Bag on clicgear.gif 2.0 Trolley
 Driver: R11 10.5* |  3W: CB4 15* | adams.gif Hybrid: Idea Pro (20* & 23*)
bridgestone.gif Irons: J36 Cavity Back (5-PW) | vokey.gif Wedges: S.M Oil Cans: 52.08, 56.08 & 60.04
rife.gif Putter: 2-bar Hybrid Blade | bridgestone.gif Ball: B330-RX  Ball: Pro V1

The adams f11 ti in 13.5 is the only thing i have hit that comes close.....thats a great club as well, but still miles away from the tour edge exotics.... One of my value points in a club is versitility.....so the TEE 11.5 does 3 jobs for me...driver, fairway, getting me out of long distance trouble

TEE XCG5 11.5* 3++ Fairway w/ Nventix Nunchuck TEE XCG5 16.5* 4 wood Fairway w/ Nventix Nunchuk Adams Super Black 19* Hybrid w/ Nventix Nunchuk 370 Adams CB2 4 Iron w/ Nventix Nunchuck xi Adams CB1 5 and 6 iron w/ Nventix Nunchuck xi Adams MB2 7,8 and 9 irons w/ Nventix Nunchuk xi Adams Puglielli Black 48* 53* 58* 64* w/ DG Spinners Rife Tropical Finish Island Series Barbados Srixon Z-STAR XV tour yellow Pure Grips Hirzl gloves

And there's 13* HL (high-launch) drivers out there too. I'm confused...

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

I just got the TEE 11.5° with the RIP shaft (X) yesterday and gamed it today for the first time. I don't know what the guys over at Golfwrx are complaining about -- this is not a spinny shaft at all, and the ball goes when you crunch it. I've been a TEE fan for a long time and have been gaming the CB4 15° 3W (which replaced my old CB2 13°), and have been looking for something to help me out with my never-ending driver woes. The 11.5° looks to do that, as I hit 13 of 14 fairways and only lost maybe 10 yards off my best drives. I have a tendency to get a little steer-jobby with my driver, so on long par fours with driver I sometimes punch it 220 and leave myself 220 in with my 2-hybrid. The new 3W (assuming it's not just first-date romance) consistently let me just swing away, which put me out there 250-260 on every par 4/5.
I think I'm going to ditch my driver and see how this works out for the rest of the summer. I like this better than the small head drivers I've been toying with (e.g., Bridgestone J33R), way better than the new lightweight Clevelands, and way better than my Titleist D3 (which is great when it goes but feels like a feather at D0). My favorite club in the bag is the TEE CB4 2H, which sets up at 40.75" and I can hit on a string 210-220; at only a couple inches longer than that (43") the 3-wood just is much easier to go after and hit solid than  driver.

In my C-130 Cart Bag:

Driver: Titleist D2 10.5° Aldila R.I.P. 60
Woods Exotics CB4 15° Aldila R.I.P. 70
Hybrids Exotics CB4 17°, 22° Aldila R.I.P. 80 

Irons 4-PW MP-57 Project X 6.0, MP-29 PW

Wedges  Eidolon 52°, 60° Rifle Spinner 6.5

Putter Bettinardi BB12

Ball One Black

Rangefinder Nikon Laser 500"Golf...

• 2 weeks later...
This is a little bump and a little further review....i put an inventix nunchuck shaft into this head.....well my fitter did. Number one.....i have a high tempo swing with a fast transition, i love to go after the ball. I have a 2 plane swing that my pro and myself have no desire or need to change. My ball flight is a natural gentle fade. I get a nice plop and stop out of every club other than my tour edge exotics 11.5 xcg5.....my wedges suck back off if im to aggressive. Number 2, huge props to todd daigneault, my pga pro/fitter also the owner of prove it golf in wethersfield connecticut. In no way was this review prompted by him. I believe credit is due in this case. Heres my on course results....i normally hit about 28 percent of my fairways, after 72 holes im up in the 80 percentiles......i dont measure my drives by distance, but by what my second shot club choice ends up being.....my approach club is 1.5 - 2 times shorter! So what used to be driver 5 iron is now driver 7 iron ......this shaft and head combo is the real deal.... its a bomber......lesson learned.....find a fitter, not a salesman and your game will get better.....and thanks again to todd, you gave me what i needed and didnt try any funny sales gimmicks. A pro that will sell you the highest ticket based on profit is a salesman.....a pro that gets you what you need regardless of personal gain on their end is a true professional and benefit to the game. Integrity is part of golf, its a model your fitter should live by, mine does.

• 9 months later...

Bump from a long hitter, I constantly drive the ball in excess of 300 yards, and am wondering if this would be the perfect club for short public courses? I am constantly hitting my driver further than any designed carry even from the tips on some courses. I have to admit it is not always straight, but i string some very good shots together most of the time. I am wondering if this club would help me avoid that problem while also letting me hit the long par 5s in 2 which i can do with driver 3w or driver driver if i have a favorable lie....  I would basicly sub this club in for specific courses.

Bag:

DriverG25 or  XCG5 11.5* 3++ fairway wood

3w:  XCG6 15*

*5w: XCG6 18* (out if I bag my 3-iron)

Irons: Rocketbladez tour  3-pw(47*) (I sometimes bag the 3 iron but usually the 5w) 

Wedges:   SM-4  52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Versa #7 (white on black)

Just hit your 2 iron, mate!

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Originally Posted by 2ironfrenzy

Bump from a long hitter, I constantly drive the ball in excess of 300 yards, and am wondering if this would be the perfect club for short public courses? I am constantly hitting my driver further than any designed carry even from the tips on some courses. I have to admit it is not always straight, but i string some very good shots together most of the time. I am wondering if this club would help me avoid that problem while also letting me hit the long par 5s in 2 which i can do with driver 3w or driver driver if i have a favorable lie....  I would basicly sub this club in for specific courses.

If you hit the ball as long as you say.  Maybe 310?  Why would you need to go driver-driver or driver-3 wood to reach par 5's?  Shouldn't you be able to go driver (310?) and then a 190 to 225 club?  Especially if you are talking about shorter public courses.  The par 5's at my home course from the tips are 490, 555, 510, 510.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

I can on short courses but some of the courses I play have close to 600yarders

Bag:

Irons: Rocketbladez tour  3-pw(47*) (I sometimes bag the 3 iron but usually the 5w) 

Uh-huh.

Lemme guess ... women also complain that you are too big for them and the bank doesn't have enough room to hold all your money?

Uhh no, I am not rich by any means... I am just asking an honest question, I'm sorry you feel I am trying to troll, I am 6foot 2 and athletic and have a good swing. I have spent a lot of time at the range and I'm sure that is something that will benefit you because you are obviously jealous or something... PS. I fail to see how 300yard drives are something to brag about, as John Daly puts them to shame, and there was a guy at one time, forget his name who hit it 525 yds...

Bag:

Uhh no, I am not rich by any means... I am just asking an honest question, I'm sorry you feel I am trying to troll, I am 6foot 2 and athletic and have a good swing. I have spent a lot of time at the range and I'm sure that is something that will benefit you because you are obviously jealous or something... PS. I fail to see how 300yard drives are something to brag about, as John Daly puts them to shame, and there was a guy at one time, forget his name who hit it 525 yds...

HEY!! No picking on GD, he may suck but he bought a pipoe and things are starting to improve!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Even if you are telling the truth and aren't trolling ... you still have "first world problems."  Just use your dam 3 wood or 2 iron and be done with it.

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

HEY!! No picking on GD, he may suck but he bought a pipoe and things are starting to improve!

That's right!  It just shipped today too, so I will be well on my way.  Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

That's right!  It just shipped today too, so I will be well on my way.  Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I might have to get one too, my friggin' elbows retract like a shy pecker on a cold day! Really hating my golf swing right now, hit 120 balls this morning and left the range with full on SergioFace ™.

• Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I wish they made them in lefty because I would have dropped the driver long ago.  I still play the TEE CB1 15* and  I've just never hit anything like it. I heard that the Adams are really good and I'm sure that there are others but I just love how the TEE fairways perform.

. Hey now I wasn't the one who started it :). But in all honesty I have nothing against him, just don't like being called a liar...

Bag:

Note: This thread is 3465 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!