IGNORED

Do yellow balls perform the same as white?

Note:Β This thread is 4294 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. The same. Not a dumb question.

Some people claim covers wear differently but I have yet to see anything from a manufacturer that suggests anything other than pigment difference.

BTW, I love playing yellow balls.

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at -Β http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/Β Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23*Β hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

MizunoΒ MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/MizunoΒ MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-EvolutionΒ grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs:Β Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GWΒ with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

Just started playing some yellow balls. I played both the white and the yellow versions (this year's Srixon Q-Star). I have not noticed a difference in any performance between the colors.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

Yellow balls are not as brave as white balls.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• CompletedΒ KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking Academy:Β Fitting, Assembly & RepairΒ School (2012)

Driver:Β  :touredge:Β EXSΒ 10.5Β°, weights neutralΒ  Β ||Β Β FWs:Β Β :callaway:Β RogueΒ 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball: Β image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.pngΒ QStar Tour - DivideΒ  ||Β Β Bag: :sunmountain:Β Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I wish I could find a different colored ball in the ball I play.

My Bag: Nike Vapor X
Driver: Diablo Octane Tour Project 7.0 Β X-Stiff
Woods: Callaway RAZR 3 wood Adilla NVS 65 g X-Stiff
Hybrids: Taylor Made Burner Superlaunch 3-18*, 4-21*, UST Mamiya Proforce V2 75
Irons: Maltby TE Forged 5-PW TrueTemper X-300
Wedges: Maltby Tricept 52*/6, 56*/10; 60*/6 TrueTemper S-400
Putter:Β Yes! Emma 37" Belly PutterΒ 
Ball: NXT Tour

The ball doesnt know what color it is.

Whats in my :sunmountain:Β C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno:Β JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno:Β JPX 850Β 15*, :mizuno:Β JPX-850 19*, :mizuno:Β JPX Fli-Hi #4,Β :mizuno:Β JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno:Β MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland:Β Smart Square BladeΒ and :bridgestone:Β B330-S

I think Dick's Sporting Goods has a pack of 6 yellow balls. Spongebob Squarepants to be exact.

Enjoy.

What's In MyΒ Β Stand Bag

Β 

Driver:Β Β FT-iZ 9*

Hybrids:Β C3 3,4,5

Irons:Β C3 6-GW

Wedges:Β C3 58*/8 and 54*/12

Putter:Β Β blade

Ball:Β Gamer V2

Β 

http://cdn.thesandtrap.com/0/0d/150x50px-LL-0d81d772_tst_award_kickstarter_otm.png

The yellow balls actually go further and do not like hiding in the rough.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

I have heard that it is really tough to play with Blue Balls.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*Β  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100Β 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S |Β Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro PlusΒ Β 

Originally Posted by TourSpoon

I have heard that it is really tough to play with Blue Balls.

That made me spit my coffee this morning... good one

• Upvote 1

i like the yellow Titleist NXT tour ones. the yellow balls seem bigger for me and causes me not to hit down at the ball but threw the ball alot better. i have poor eye sight so yellow helps in so many ways. now if they would only sell them used at walmart in the Hunter packages i would be thrilled!

I feel like buying a sleeve of yellows and having a go. Will definitely only look for soft ones.. maybe even go for women's.

What's In MyΒ Β Stand Bag

Β 

Driver:Β Β FT-iZ 9*

Hybrids:Β C3 3,4,5

Irons:Β C3 6-GW

Wedges:Β C3 58*/8 and 54*/12

Putter:Β Β blade

Ball:Β Gamer V2

Β 

http://cdn.thesandtrap.com/0/0d/150x50px-LL-0d81d772_tst_award_kickstarter_otm.png

Again I must be an odd ball here; myself I've never played a yellow ball. Β However a good friend who I golf with a lot recently got the Srixon balls in yellow. Β And for some reason....I cannot see those damn things worth a crap in the rough. Β Really don't pick them up that well when he's in the fairway. Β I thought that's what they were colored for; easier to see. Β And I just had an eye exam!

WHAT'S IN MY BAG

Driver: TaylorMade RBZ 9.5 degree; 3-Wood: TaylorMade RBZ 15 degree; Hybrids: TaylorMade RBZ 19 degree; Irons: Titleist AP1; Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54/60; Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback; Ball: Callaway Hex Chrome+ Β Grips: Β PURE Pro

Again I must be an odd ball here; myself I've never played a yellow ball. Β However a good friend who I golf with a lot recently got the Srixon balls in yellow. Β And for some reason....I cannot see those damn things worth a crap in the rough. Β Really don't pick them up that well when he's in the fairway. Β I thought that's what they were colored for; easier to see. Β And I just had an eye exam!

I'd have to agree. They don't really add much by way of visibility. There are a couple areas where I think they are a bit easier to spot, such as sand traps and during late twilight hours, but for most circumstances they're none easier to find and sometimes harder. I don't know why yellow was the color of choice for everyone to branch out to. I closely resembles dead grass and leaves, and thus gets lost in the rough easily, which is the time when you want your ball to visually stand out. What we needed them to provide was blue, red, or orange balls.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

Different colored balls of the same model should play the same.

Originally Posted by MbolicGolf

I wish I could find a different colored ball in the ball I play.

Bridgestone makes orange.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment:Β 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5Β°) Β· PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15Β° and 21Β°)Β Β· PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22Β°, 25Β°, and 28Β°) Β· PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) Β·Β Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50Β°, 55Β°, 60Β°) Β·Β Edel Classic BladeΒ Putter (32") Β· Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour Β· Pinned Prism RangefinderΒ Β· Star Grips Β· Flightscope Mevo Β· TRUE Linkswear Shoes Β·Β Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
AnalyzrΒ Pro

Yellow balls are easier to spot because they tend to be closest to the tee box after everyone's finished teeing off..

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Note:Β This thread is 4294 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!