IGNORED

LURKERS! Read please!

Valleygolfer
Note: This thread is 3625 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So just post your opinion and then walk away.-It takes two people to get into an argument. If you just want to say something, do it.-Then ignore any bad and respond and cultivate the good. But maybe thats just me and Ive got a thicker skin than most-Like I care what some stranger on the Internet says. I get what I want out of here- A place to chat about golf with other golf fans. Variety is the spice of life-but when I have heartburn I just dont give it any mind.[quote name="MissouriHack" url="/t/59779/lurkers-read-please/72#post_960785"] I guess my point was why ask when you know what your going to get. Seems like a waste of time to me. Don't get me wrong I think that this could be a great place to post about goals and what you want to do with your game. But i don't see it like that. Rather I don't have the commitment to this site, or the time to invest myself into constantly defending my point of view to internet strangers. It might be your thing and I am not knocking you for it. I just don't enjoy it. Look at the operation scratch kid. I knew that was going to be a train wreck from the beginning. He has quit his own thread twice poor guy. I'm not saying this should be a site for hand holding. Just an observation of the current culture. Total opinion.[/quote] I think Kyles thread shows how GOOD people can be.-Dudes been given multiple chances, and seems like hes finally going to turn it around and realizes he cant just TRY something and think it will fix things. [quote name="Valleygolfer" url="/t/59779/lurkers-read-please/72#post_960835"] Well almost everything depends on how you word things. Some people say things in a manner to start arguments. If you really want a thread about your swings and goals, you would not get a rash for it. But if you ask for tips and don't use them but keep complaining about not improving then there's frustration. This is a opinion forum though and if you go through life not saying anything because you don't want to hear another side.... But I also say you don't have to argue with ignorance either.[/quote]

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think Kyles thread shows how GOOD people can be.-Dudes been given multiple chances, and seems like hes finally going to turn it around and realizes he cant just TRY something and think it will fix things.

This is an excellent point. Having just read through that thread from start to end it really has shown me what a fantastic forum this is. The way a lot of people gave him numerous chances and continued to give constructive comments is amazing. I know on many other boards not necessarily golf related, if a persons' first few posts don't fit the admins' agenda or people dont like it the thread is instantly closed and person banned. A shining example of an open, friendly and helpful forum.

• Upvote 1

Henry

Signed up a long time ago then sort of dropped off as i focused on new job and such. Played golf more but this forum dropped out of my regular rotation for some reason. Came back the other day and got back into it.

My sticks:

Ping I15 irons

Ping G5 hybrid

Ping K15 3 wood

Ping G15 driver

Odyssey Whitice Sabertooth putter with extra large Winn grip

Signed up a long time ago then sort of dropped off as i focused on new job and such. Played golf more but this forum dropped out of my regular rotation for some reason. Came back the other day and got back into it.

Welcome back. :-)

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

• 2 months later...
Okay, so after 3 and a half years I decided to take the plunge. I got an avatar, updated my handicap. I even signed up with the state golf association so I can get an official handicap. This site has really helped me with my game over the last couple of years and I want to say thanks and I am going to try and participate more. Glad that's done :-D

Okay, so after 3 and a half years I decided to take the plunge. I got an avatar, updated my handicap. I even signed up with the state golf association so I can get an official handicap. This site has really helped me with my game over the last couple of years and I want to say thanks and I am going to try and participate more. Glad that's done

Well, I'm glad to see that you joined us! We'd love to have all lurkers take the jump and register. Everyone has something to offer is what I believe in. The more people who take the plunge, the greater our community and knowledge base becomes!

Welcome! :beer:

Okay, so after 3 and a half years I decided to take the plunge. I got an avatar, updated my handicap. I even signed up with the state golf association so I can get an official handicap. This site has really helped me with my game over the last couple of years and I want to say thanks and I am going to try and participate more. Glad that's done :-D

Welcome. That wasn't so hard, was it?

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

I posted a while back in this thread but seeing the thread come back I thought I'd add to what I said... Just post, it's good fun to get involved in the discussion rather than just to be a bystander!

Henry

I think I stopped posting for a while when the season was over and it was winter. I may have kept up in the winter threads I think.. But its golf season now and I am in it this year for the long haul.

We must harness the crystiles.

:tmade: Nubbins B7 Putter

:tmade: r7 460 Graphite Driver

I say post if you want, when you want. If you want to use the site to just read the discussions and learn some tips, then go for gold.

I think I stopped posting for a while when the season was over and it was winter. I may have kept up in the winter threads I think.. But its golf season now and I am in it this year for the long haul.

Welcome back! :beer:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I posted a while back in this thread but seeing the thread come back I thought I'd add to what I said...

Just post, it's good fun to get involved in the discussion rather than just to be a bystander!

Very true.

I would also like to add that the more you post, the more you will get to know other members.  This makes for better conversation.

-Matt-

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Originally Posted by 14ledo81

This makes for better conversation.

That is what brings me back to the site day after day...the awesome members and the great conversations that we have.

That is what brings me back to the site day after day...the awesome members and the great conversations that we have.

True that.

Not only that, but in the words of Mark Crossfield, "Let's keep it social. The more we talk, the more we share, the easier this game will get for everybody!". This site is turning into a Wikipedia for golf in a way. The more stories and strategies and conversations we have, even the fun/funny ones, the more knowledge we share and build on.

OK...I'm in. I've been a lurker and seldom poster for a few years. For me its a combination of a few things. 1. I read this forum 99% of the time from a mobile device, and I just hate to type anything more than 3 sentences long from my phone. 2. Most of the threads I get into are already so replete with information, that by the time I get to the end my opinion is redundant. 3. I only play golf for 6 months a year...just dont enjoy it when the grass is brown, or, worse yet, spray painted green. Therefore, golf is less interesting to me in the winter and I have to ween myself off of my addiction, which means quitting TST cold turkey. Despite that, I think I may have a mild TST addiction. Although the "Kyle Anthony Soap opera" and "I just played golf with Graeme McDowell" threads may have bumped me from a caffeine level addiction to a full blown meth-head. But mostly reason 1.

Hit a ball with a stick...how hard can it be?

OK...I'm in. I've been a lurker and seldom poster for a few years. For me its a combination of a few things.

1. I read this forum 99% of the time from a mobile device, and I just hate to type anything more than 3 sentences long from my phone.

2. Most of the threads I get into are already so replete with information, that by the time I get to the end my opinion is redundant.

3. I only play golf for 6 months a year...just dont enjoy it when the grass is brown, or, worse yet, spray painted green. Therefore, golf is less interesting to me in the winter and I have to ween myself off of my addiction, which means quitting TST cold turkey.

Despite that, I think I may have a mild TST addiction. Although the "Kyle Anthony Soap opera" and "I just played golf with Graeme McDowell" threads may have bumped me from a caffeine level addiction to a full blown meth-head.

But mostly reason 1.

1)  I use the forum at night and weekends from my mobile.  I typically do not post as much then either.

2)  I usually stay out of giving technical advice in threads or at least use a disclaimer (ie..not an expert but,), but even in those threads I will post personal experiences or questions.

3)  On the contrary for me, TST helps me get through the winters.

-Matt-

Note: This thread is 3625 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!