IGNORED

Must have accessories?

hendog
Note: This thread is 4270 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm a pretty vanilla guy when it comes to my bag. 14 clubs, balls, tees, divot repair, older laser range finder, glove, club brush, towel, ball marker.

There are endless accessories though from obvious things like GPS to more obscure things like magnetic bracelets.

Is there anything you guys have that you now can't live without? Something I am leaving out here or missing out on?

I would feel lost without my skycaddie! Yardage markers are great but they always put them in the fairway! And they're really not that accurate when I'm hitting back to the other fairway. I also picked up a ballzee this year, it's great on the greens!

baby powder or gold bond for your balls on hot and sweaty days.

• Upvote 1

What's in the bag
Driver: FTI
3W: 15 Degree
2H: X
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

There really isn't anything I can't live without. Most of the time the only things I use during a round is clubs, balls, tees, divot tool w/ball marker and wet towel. Lately I've been using the golflogix ph app. I like to keep my routine simple. Fidgeting with stuff kills my concentration. I do wear an ionic bracelet, probably snake oil but I've been wearing those for a long time. Don't consider it a golf related item.

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Dave2512

There really isn't anything I can't live without. Most of the time the only things I use during a round is clubs, balls, tees, divot tool w/ball marker and wet towel. Lately I've been using the golflogix ph app. I like to keep my routine simple. Fidgeting with stuff kills my concentration. I do wear an ionic bracelet, probably snake oil but I've been wearing those for a long time. Don't consider it a golf related item.

I have to have a hat-clip ball marker. I hate digging through my pockets. It's sort of a laziness/pet peeve sort of thing. But also, my Golfshot GPS app on my iPhone, or the SkyDroid app on my Droid. Love them both.

I got pretty much the same thing that the OP has... in addition to the clubs, tees, and balls I got some ball markers (a SandTrap one and a burger coin from In-N-Out where I'm a manager), Leupold rangefinder, sun screen, and some tape for blisters/cuts.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

i keep it pretty stripped down.  clubs, tees, balls, a couple of coins in my pocket for ball marks, and a towel if it's rained recently.  i have a skycaddie, but a lot of the time i don't even use it.  i fancy myself pretty good at picking out the proper club just by looking at the lay of the land and getting a general bearing off yardage markers.

I have a small pocket brush.  I found it laying on the ground at a course in high school... And I've been using it for the last ~15yrs.

Here is what it looks like - but the one I have is green.  Probably one of the best finds I've made - in terms of something I use regularly.

pocket_brush.jpg

I have a divot repair tool that fits nicely on the inside of my pocket, a few quarters to mark my ball.

A few tee's - one being a Bugle Tee for the driver.

265x265px-LS-a948ab9b_349907000_BugleTee8colors.jpeg

I also use my Golfshot GPS which is on my iPhone.  My favorite towel is a Club Glove.

840010084_260.jpg

I also have been carrying a ripcord in my bag to help stretch/warm up my muscles (back/bi/tris) before I start swinging on early morning rounds.

51fm9HHCbrL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

I also use my Golfshot GPS which is on my iPhone.  My favorite towel is a Club Glove.

Forgot this... I have the same towel... it really is good. I also carry a divot tool with me.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Hat... w/ Ohio State ball marker attached.

A couple of towels. Usually a small one that I'll wet and use to clean ball. My players towel to keep me clean and a general clean everything towel.

Clubs cleaner tool.

I always keep a couple of tees in my pocket for divot repair or for the guys who always seem to not have one.

I always have an extra ball in my pocket.

I have at least 6 balls in my bag before round, usually more like 12.

I keep a koozie or three in my bag for drink protection.

I have several bags of snacks I carry.

I even have a roll of toilet paper... emergency use only!

Several gloves, I rotate gloves every couple of holes. they seem to last longer this way...

what type of towel is best?

do those microfiber ones actually pick up moisture and water?

What's In My  Stand Bag

Driver:  FT-iZ 9*

Hybrids: C3 3,4,5

Irons: C3 6-GW

Wedges: C3 58*/8 and 54*/12

Putter:  blade

Ball: Gamer V2

http://cdn.thesandtrap.com/0/0d/150x50px-LL-0d81d772_tst_award_kickstarter_otm.png

Four 5 Stand Bag Blue   PRO V1X

910 D2 9.5° - Diamana Kal'li 65g S

RBZ Stage 2 15° - Diamana Kal'li 72g S  

913H 21° /  910H 24° - Diamana Kal'li 82g S

710 AP2 6-PW - Dynamic Gold S300SL

Vokey Spin Milled 09  56° &  60° 

#1 White Hot 34" - Ionic Grip

My Swing  

Originally Posted by Timothy Voyles

Hat... w/ Ohio State ball marker attached.

Do people accuse you of being a cheater when they see the Ohio State gear?

What's in the bag
Driver: FTI
3W: 15 Degree
2H: X
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

Originally Posted by MrSandman

Do people accuse you of being a cheater when they see the Ohio State gear?

Na most people fail and think it's an Oklahoma marker... I have two actually and they are grey with the red O or red with a grey O. The UT turds smart off about OU sucks and just roll with like yeha, they are trash... The confusion sets in and I explain that it's not OU and then their like ok... uh...

As a matter of fact with all the Ohio stuff I have no one has ever made a cheater comment to me or about the recent events. Trading yellow wind pants for tats is cheating? /discussion

Well I have to say my Texas Tech ball mark is clearly the reason I beat everyone I play with.

But seriously, you should carry a small first-aid kit. I also carry a notebook with course yardages and personal notes to myself.

Driver - Cobra S3 9.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon JavlnFX M7 
Fwy - Titleist 904F 18*
Irons - Mizuno MP-14
Wedges - Cleveland 588 54*, Ping Tour 58*
Putter - Ping D66 (iWi)

Originally Posted by Timothy Voyles

Na most people fail and think it's an Oklahoma marker... I have two actually and they are grey with the red O or red with a grey O. The UT turds smart off about OU sucks and just roll with like yeha, they are trash... The confusion sets in and I explain that it's not OU and then their like ok... uh...

As a matter of fact with all the Ohio stuff I have no one has ever made a cheater comment to me or about the recent events. Trading yellow wind pants for tats is cheating? /discussion

I use an Ohio State cart bag and the only flak I catch is from Michigan fans.....sometimes. GO BUCKS!!!!!

On topic: Only must haves and never forgets is my 1981 quarter with my initials stamped in it which I have used for a ball marker since the first time I set foot on a course. I've been flat broke and tempted to use it for a pop a couple times and didn't. I've gone back to a course to retrieve it after it fell out of my pocket into the seat of the cart I was using. Accidentally gave it as change to buy something but its so dark and worn from my pocket that the cashier or I notice it and do a double take.

Originally Posted by pixel5

Well I have to say my Texas Tech ball mark is clearly the reason I beat everyone I play with.

But seriously, you should carry a small first-aid kit. I also carry a notebook with course yardages and personal notes to myself.

My shirts have sleeves... that's about all the first aid I'll need. Patch it up and drive back to the club house lol.

I do have a folder in my bag that I have yardage books for most courses. I play most courses regularly, therefore I don't need the books most of the time. Most new courses I hit up, I take a look at scorecard online or even make my own book via google earth. Here's a sample of what I put together.

Note: This thread is 4270 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!