IGNORED

PureStrike 5 Simple Keys DVDs - Now Available

Note: This thread is 3508 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
Originally Posted by scopek

I got the DVDs last week. I'm very happy with them.

My two cents: I've only been playing golf for 2 years and am obviously no expert at the swing. But I will say that what they teach is remarkably close to S&T;, which I like.

I'm very glad you like them, and very glad that you enjoy them, but I'd disagree quite a bit with the "remarkably close" comment. I won't, however, bore everyone here with a detailed listing of why we know different things to be true, though.

Thanks. Hopefully we'll have a 5SK instructor near to you soon.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by iacas

I'm very glad you like them, and very glad that you enjoy them, but I'd disagree quite a bit with the "remarkably close" comment. I won't, however, bore everyone here with a detailed listing of why we know different things to be true, though.

Thanks. Hopefully we'll have a 5SK instructor near to you soon.

Yeah, my instructor is about 1.5 hours away, but he's planning on getting certified. We're going to start focusing on the 5SKs. The instructor i'm working with is great, but it would be nice to have someone closer. If you ever hear of anyone in the Ann Arbor area getting certified in the 5SKs, let me know! I'm also going to look into doing the online lessons at golfevolution.

I would actually be interested in learning more about the differences between Mike and Andy's teaching and 5SKs, if you have a link to a thread or blog somewhere. I've only gone through the 5SKs DVDs once and I know there are probably a lot of differences that I've missed and will pick up on the more I watch them. I know some of the insights and swing thoughts are different as well as a few other variations, but it still seems like the swings look very much the same. I'm not sure it really matters and my take is simply based on a hacker's perspective and first take. I've read other forums on 5SKs vs. S&T; and the heated discussions about the various golf schools is kinda of amusing.

In the end, I really like the 5SKs DVDs and give them a big thumbs up. I'm not really concerned about how close they are or are not to S&T.; But as someone who is totally hooked on golf and who tends to get obsessive about my hobbies, I wouldn't mind knowing more about the differences as subtle or not so subtle as they may be.

Thanks!

Brands I use:

:tmade::cobra: :titleist: 

• Administrator
Originally Posted by scopek

Yeah, my instructor is about 1.5 hours away, but he's planning on getting certified. We're going to start focusing on the 5SKs. The instructor i'm working with is great, but it would be nice to have someone closer. If you ever hear of anyone in the Ann Arbor area getting certified in the 5SKs, let me know! I'm also going to look into doing the online lessons at golfevolution.

Directors are still going to be by invitation/nomination only, but we're going to offer an Instructor level class that starts online and then ends with a good 10-15 hours of in-person training.

but it still seems like the swings look very much the same.

That right there covers the biggest difference. While the S&T; swing is very much taught as a swing, 5SK is ANY good swing.

I've said a little bit more privately (though not specifically about the many differences), and publicly there's still this .

In the end, I really like the 5SKs DVDs and give them a big thumbs up.

Thanks again!

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 1 year later...
I'm on the fence about making a purchase for this video set. I looked up instructors for my area(NJ), found one, but I remember from a few years ago when I received a couple of lessons from him that we never really "clicked". Not saying it was his fault, but I felt we weren;t really jiving together. What I'd really like to do is #1....get a lesson(s) using this method so I can physically FEEL what the moves are...THEN review at my leisure(re:my job when the boss isn't hovering nearby) or @ home(when my SO(former SGT. USMC) isn't hovering around barking orders....The main issue with me is finding a instructor who is on the same page with you with this particular teaching method...I've had some bad luck in the past few months with instructors trying to INSTILL what they feel is a boiler plate teaching method that they seem to cram every student into the same box...I'm 55, carry a legit 16 GHIN but I feel I'm going backwards because i have all these different teaching methods floating around inside my head !! Finally... reading the LOWEST SCORE WINS" has giving me a step in the right direction, it's changing my outlook on practicing and managing my practice/playing time(non tournaments)....I like the idea behind pure strike... ...WOW...that's a long #1 !!!!... any help with instructors(updated) in my area ???,you can pm me. Thanks friends ! Sinn

CLUBS:ping: CART: :sunmountain: DRIVER: :callaway:GOLF BALL: :titleist:

• Administrator
I'm on the fence about making a purchase for this video set. I looked up instructors for my area(NJ), found one, but I remember from a few years ago when I received a couple of lessons from him that we never really "clicked". Not saying it was his fault, but I felt we weren;t really jiving together.

What I'd really like to do is #1....get a lesson(s) using this method so I can physically FEEL what the moves are...THEN review at my leisure(re:my job when the boss isn't hovering nearby) or @ home(when my SO(former SGT. USMC) isn't hovering around barking orders....The main issue with me is finding a instructor who is on the same page with you with this particular teaching method...I've had some bad luck in the past few months with instructors trying to INSTILL what they feel is a boiler plate teaching method that they seem to cram every student into the same box...I'm 55, carry a legit 16 GHIN but I feel I'm going backwards because i have all these different teaching methods floating around inside my head !!

Finally... reading the LOWEST SCORE WINS" has giving me a step in the right direction, it's changing my outlook on practicing and managing my practice/playing time(non tournaments)....I like the idea behind pure strike...

...WOW...that's a long #1 !!!!...

any help with instructors(updated) in my area ???,you can pm me.

Thanks friends !

Sinn

Where in New Jersey are you? Which instructor are you talking about? (PM me if you want.) I'm going to be visiting with Preston Combs in late September and we're doing a 5SK clinic on the morning of the 25th:

If you're pretty familiar with the Keys themselves, etc. it's more a matter of prioritizing (choosing the proper one and HOW to go about improving it) than "feeling the right moves," which would be difficult to do from a DVD series anyway.

If you come to that and bring your copy of LSW I'll sign it. :)

P.S. If you have a bunch of things "floating around in your head," getting the proper priorities right now is a MUST and the best thing you can do for your game. Focus on ONE thing, your priority piece, and improve that.

Thanks... I'll pm you on who I saw, not wanting to flame anyone in a PMP...Also, I'm free that morning, I've played there numerous times and the course is very close to me !!.. I actually emailed Preston, but have received no response back. look for my pm Sin

CLUBS:ping: CART: :sunmountain: DRIVER: :callaway:GOLF BALL: :titleist:

Note: This thread is 3508 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!