IGNORED

My Swing (pholmes)

pholmes
Note: This thread is 4019 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't think you will get much help with this video. You really need to take an actual shot to receive good, constructive feedback. Besides, a good iron shot involves taking a divot, and clearly you don't want to take a divot in your carpet.

I have been hitting the ball really well this year, but today, after some bad shots, I felt like maybe i was wa scoming too much from the inside, but I cant really see it in this video from when i got home.

• Administrator

Before you do anything else look at some setup changes. Your hands are forced to go out and around your right hip and thigh rather than being able to begin their path inward and upward. Weight is back on the heels of your feet as well. So back up, reach for the ball a little more, and feel the weight more towards the toes.

Analyzr Image Export.jpg

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Wow that is good advice, and why I came here, I was thinking the most complicated causes, and you came through with a simple setup problem. Good eye, and thanks for the advice.

• Administrator
Originally Posted by pholmes

not sure what happened to the range shot, I can repost if someone wants to see it.

It's there. I embedded it.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I have been working on five keys principles to see how I do, this was me after my round today, felt like I was hitting down too much on the driver. As iacas suggested I stepped back from the ball and got weight on my toes. That helped a lot.

Your feet should be spread at approximately shoulder width. The way they are, you would fall over if you hit a ball more than 80 yards because you have no stability.

You might want to adjust the handicap index you have posted on your profile. An honest appraisal of where you are at is important.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

I see why you said that, my work in progress looks pretty gross, I wouldnt ever bring that to a course at this point. The only thing I started today was standing way further away from the ball.. Thanks for the foot advice I will employ that ASAP.

Originally Posted by Shorty

Your feet should be spread at approximately shoulder width. The way they are, you would fall over if you hit a ball more than 80 yards because you have no stability.

You might want to adjust the handicap index you have posted on your profile. An honest appraisal of where you are at is important.

Honestly - the guy has pretty amazing balance for as narrow as his stance is! If my feet were that close together at address - and I swung that hard... I'd fall over!

Note: This thread is 4019 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!