IGNORED

Private courses are for.........

Note: This thread is 3481 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

3 members have voted

1. 1. private golf courses are for .......

• those who are good players and dont want hackers getting drunk on and tearing up their course
    • higher class people who only want to be around other higher class people while playing golf
    • those who might be racist towards people of a different color
    • people who have the extra money to spend so they are pampered as soon as they set foot on the course
    • people who take the game of golf more serious and dont mind paying for the more serious atmosphere

My club has a reciprocity program so i can play a couple of courses in the area for the price of the cart. It is nice to have a change of pace everyonce in a while. Also just going to the range whenever i want is a huge plus. If its later in the day i can just pop in the clubhouse and tell them i am going to tee off and 95% of the time they say go ahead. If i play twice a week and go to the range a couple times, it pays for itself. Also we have no food minimums or pool charges. Not all private clubs are the stereotypical club.

Driver:  907 D1 (10.5*)

3 Wood:  Burner Superfast 2.0 (15*)

Hybrid:  Idea Pro Gold (21*)

Irons:  VR Pro Combo CB (3-PW)

Wedges:  VR Pro (52*,56*)

Putter: Method 004

Ball:  Penta

I think there's a bit of truth to all the choices. At this point in my life, I can't afford to join any private clubs. However, I would love to be a member at a private club. The only reason I want to be a member is that the hope that other members take pride in the course, it's condition and the game of golf the same way I do. By that last bit, I'm referencing the pace of play and respect for your fellow golfers.

I'm a regular at my local course and what you might call a pseudo-member. I know everyone by name and take it upon myself to fix the endless ball marks on the greens, pick up trash around the course on my way through and things like this. Getting stuck behind a foursome of hackers when my playing partner and I are obviously right on their ass is beyond frustrating. Sometimes we'll just skip holes or cut through to the other side of the course (if it's empty). It's still a pain in the ass to deal with some people.

In the end, my sole reason for joining a private club would be to enjoy the game with people who view it from the same perspective as I do. It definitely has nothing to do with race, class or being ****ing pampered.

For rich people. Doesn't matter what kind.

All private clubs are for rich people

But not all public clubs are for poor people.

"It's better to burn out than to fade away." -Kurt Cobain

Originally Posted by Domenic

For rich people. Doesn't matter what kind.

All private clubs are for rich people

But not all public clubs are for poor people.

Well my family has a membership and we dont even play golf. We just use it to show off our fancy cars and boats in the parking lot while laughing at the poor people driving to the cow pasture they call a golf course, HAHA. Dont stereotype something you clearly know nothing about. If you play golf twice a week and go to the range a few times, you are covered at my club and probably most clubs.

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by bhp1404

Well my family has a membership and we dont even play golf. We just use it to show off our fancy cars and boats in the parking lot while laughing at the poor people driving to the cow pasture they call a golf course, HAHA. Dont stereotype something you clearly know nothing about. If you play golf twice a week and go to the range a few times, you are covered at my club and probably most clubs.

Well, I said NOT all public courses. Anyways, the title says "Private COURSES"  not "country clubs."

"It's better to burn out than to fade away." -Kurt Cobain

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Why can't I vote for all of the above?

that sir is the CORRECT ANSWER!!! LOL

i called a local private club and they said it was $300 to join, 250 a month for golf and if i played more than twice a week and liked to use a cart i needed to add the cart special for an extra $100 a month. it allows you to play 2 courses 15 miles apart from each other. i cant afford that but if i could id have to really be impressed with the courses

Originally Posted by Lost-Ball

i called a local private club and they said it was $300 to join, 250 a month for golf and if i played more than twice a week and liked to use a cart i needed to add the cart special for an extra $100 a month. it allows you to play 2 courses 15 miles apart from each other. i cant afford that but if i could id have to really be impressed with the courses

Not every private course has the same deals. Mine is $200 a month plus cart fee if needed. There are 4 reciprocal courses. Unlimited golf, unlimited range, no food minimums. It sucks that courses around you are more expensive, but you cant group EVERY private course into one group.

oh yea there was a min. of $90 a month they wanted u to spend in food lol. yea im gonna call around some more and see. would love to have unlimited range balls and play with some better players that know what they are talking about if they try to give you a tip. out of the people i play with now im the better player which isnt saying much. im a very visual learner and just playing with people better than me can teach me so much watching their game

Originally Posted by bhp1404

Not every private course has the same deals. Mine is $200 a month plus cart fee if needed. There are 4 reciprocal courses. Unlimited golf, unlimited range, no food minimums. It sucks that courses around you are more expensive, but you cant group EVERY private course into one group.

If that is considered expensive, he is in for a rude awakening.

Dont get me wrong, a lot of clubs are offering introductory deals for a year to get people in - but I would be shocked if he found anything much cheaper.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

seeing pics of the course from their site it doesnt look any better than the places i play now. i could play my normal courses 10-14 times (depending on what day i play of couse) in a month to equal the cost of what they want. now if the courses looked even half as good as what you see on tv id be in, but they dont

seeing pics of the course from their site it doesnt look any better than the places i play now. i could play my normal courses 10-14 times (depending on what day i play of couse) in a month to equal the cost of what they want. now if the courses looked even half as good as what you see on tv id be in, but they dont

Why would you compare it courses you see on TV? They are on TV because they are the best of the best. Most casual private clubs dont have immaculate designs and fancy features. Most are just well maintained solid course designs.

i said HALF AS GOOD as the ones on tv lol. i mean if i wanted to hit out of half mowed farm fairways ill just play at at $10 course in the hood.

In our area the equity clubs - "buy stock" membership - tend to have the food minimums and extra fees for carts.  Both semi-private and private have either a by-the-bucket fee for range balls, or $XX per year for unlimited range balls.

These clubs can run $7,000 a year and up for monthly fees. Still, it's nice if you have a little extra $$$.

I have a semi-private membership (annual fee + per-round fee) which is a good deal for me, but the course is impossible for women with 20+ HDCPs.(My wife is a casual golfer)

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by meenman

If that is considered expensive, he is in for a rude awakening.

Dont get me wrong, a lot of clubs are offering introductory deals for a year to get people in - but I would be shocked if he found anything much cheaper.

I agree, I'd love to pay those prices for a private course but around here that doesn't happen

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

That one question was really bad.  Why did they even put it there?  Racist? Glad no one even checked that one.  Stupid and doesnt even belong in this forum.

Note: This thread is 3481 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!