IGNORED

Considering muscle back blades

Note: This thread is 4169 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by RPMPIRE View Post

I have the Nike VR Pro blades and I chose them over the Titleist 710/12 mostly because I prefer to have a thinner top line and the Nike VR had the thinnest one. There are more grooves on the Nike irons, which doesn't take long to get used to or revert back from if you decide to change irons. 710 is chrome, 712 is satin, and Nike is chrome. Most of the differences are aesthetics and if everyone says that they perform the same, then I think that's what you probably have to chose from. I chose the one with the thinner top line, which is my preference.

Thats good to know. Thanks

-Your kidding right? You know i said the exact same thing as him, right before he did just worded a little differently. He just happens to own his clubs where i have only hit them.

Driver:  907 D1 (10.5*)

3 Wood:  Burner Superfast 2.0 (15*)

Hybrid:  Idea Pro Gold (21*)

Irons:  VR Pro Combo CB (3-PW)

Wedges:  VR Pro (52*,56*)

Putter: Method 004

Ball:  Penta

Originally Posted by Blacksheep

My Hogans have a small brown spot the size of a dime where I strike the ball, and I wore out a set of Titleist Tour Model blades about 12 years ago.

My underwear have a brown spot the size of a dime from every time I try to hit a short sided flop shot.

• Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Let's see the brown spot!!! (on the irons, not the undies)

In the bag:

TaylorMade R11 Driver (10.5 stiff stock shaft)

TaylorMade R11 3wood (15 degree stiff stock shaft)

Adams IdeaPro 3i hybrid (20 degree)

Titleist DCI 4-PW (photo)

Cleveland CG15 wedges (52, 56, 60)

Odyssey White-Hot 2-Ball (Superstroke oversize grip)

Bushnell Tour V2 Rangefinder

Ping Hoofer 2012 Bag

Originally Posted by showtime583

Let's see the brown spot!!! (on the irons, not the undies)

I'l upload the boxers if I can find them! Pretty sure my wife threw them out.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I also call for the pictures of the irons. Maybe we should make a poll of how many ST members wanna see the pics.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

I also call for the pictures of the irons. Maybe we should make a poll of how many ST members wanna see the pics.

I'm upping the ante.

If the OP uploads a photo of these sorry items with a picture of his username and the date, as Iacas suggested, I will leave this site and not ever return.

That should be motivation enough.

BTW I'm having trouble with my putting. Every time I hit an iron to the green it's within a two metre circle of the pin, but I'm having trouble making more than 90% of the putts. I only seem to birdie half the holes. It's OK for the majority, which are tap ins.

Does anyone have any drills that could help me? Not boasting, just asking for help with short putts.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

My underwear have a brown spot the size of a dime from every time I try to hit a short sided flop shot.

Only a dime?  I drop a dollar in change.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

I've been playing the same irons  (I'm not sure if they're considered blades,  they're an 'in-between' I think....  Titleist 990B's)  for the past 12-13 years  (I bought them right when they came out... it's been a long time!)   and I don't have any noticeable marks on the faces.... either I don't play enough,  I hit the ball like a 2-year-old,  or they don't mark-up as much as his.    If I could cause "wear" on the face,  I'd be depressed when I found wear marks on the heel and toe  !!!

This thread is funny. Reminds me of the "what golf bad will fit in my Nissan 350Z?" thread.

In my mizuno.gif Neo Cart Bag or rife.gif Staff Bag on clicgear.gif 2.0 Trolley
 Driver: R11 10.5* |  3W: CB4 15* | adams.gif Hybrid: Idea Pro (20* & 23*)
bridgestone.gif Irons: J36 Cavity Back (5-PW) | vokey.gif Wedges: S.M Oil Cans: 52.08, 56.08 & 60.04
rife.gif Putter: 2-bar Hybrid Blade | bridgestone.gif Ball: B330-RX  Ball: Pro V1

Originally Posted by the19thhole

This thread is funny. Reminds me of the "what golf bad will fit in my Nissan 350Z?" thread.

I parked my Porsche in the car park, played a round and had 65. As I was heading back to my car after the round, I noticed one of my headcovers was missing.

I had been delayed in the proshop where the pro was complimenting me on my swing and saying he wished he hit it like me. This was after the drinks cart girl was hitting on me. Took me ages to get rid of her.

Question:

What is a good place to buy replacement headcovers?

• Upvote 3

Originally Posted by Shorty

I parked my Porsche in the car park, played a round and had 65. As I was heading back to my car after the round, I noticed one of my headcovers was missing.

I had been delayed in the proshop where the pro was complimenting me on my swing and saying he wished he hit it like me. This was after the drinks cart girl was hitting on me. Took me ages to get rid of her.

Question:

What is a good place to buy replacement headcovers?

I'm sorry ... Shorty can really irk me sometimes, he can be grumpy sometimes, and just a general horse's you-know-what as well.  But this thread ... he is cracking me up.

You're killin' it!

Yeah Shorty was pretty much dead on in this thread.  Anyone seen any pics of the Hogan irons with a wear spot the size of a dime yet?

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

I'm sorry ... Shorty can really irk me sometimes, he can be grumpy sometimes, and just a general horse's you-know-what as well.  But this thread ... he is cracking me up.

You're killin' it!

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by Shorty

I'm upping the ante.

If the OP uploads a photo of these sorry items with a picture of his username and the date, as Iacas suggested, I will leave this site and not ever return.

That should be motivation enough.

What a great thread.

Surely someone has a set of these irons at home.  Find a blowtorch and make the appropriate dime-sized markings.  I'll create a phantom username and print the screen-shot and send it to you.  We'll start a collection among the members to reimburse whomever agrees to destroy their irons for the cause.

Classic.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Originally Posted by k-troop

What a great thread.

Surely someone has a set of these irons at home.  Find a blowtorch and make the appropriate dime-sized markings.  I'll create a phantom username and print the screen-shot and send it to you.  We'll start a collection among the members to reimburse whomever agrees to destroy their irons for the cause.

Classic.

Hey KT---play fair!!

What are you plotting here?

Driver: RBZ 9.5° Stiff

Woods: :nike:VR_S Tour 2.0 15° Stiff

Hybrids:  910H 21° Stiff

Irons: 4-GW Pro Black CB1 with Project X rifle 6.0

Wedges:CC Jaws 56°.14° 60°.08°

Putter: Classic 1

Ball:  Z-Star XV Pure White

While I am enjoying the ripping and the tearing of the op in this thread I would like to throw it out there that maybe he mentioned the "dime" size burn mark to weed out the trolls on here telling him he isn't ready for blades? IDK just my .02

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

Originally Posted by Jimdangles

While I am enjoying the ripping and the tearing of the op in this thread I would like to throw it out there that maybe he mentioned the "dime" size burn mark to weed out the trolls on here telling him he isn't ready for blades? IDK just my .02

The way he mentioned it seemed a little off especially the "I wore out my old ones" suggests he was bragging.  And I was looking at a previous thread http://thesandtrap.com/t/45647/sweetspot-on-irons-where-the-good-players-hit-it and a dime seems pretty god damn small to be hitting the ball everytime.  But OP could post pictures and prove us all wrong.

Driver: RBZ 9.5° Stiff

Woods: :nike:VR_S Tour 2.0 15° Stiff

Hybrids:  910H 21° Stiff

Irons: 4-GW Pro Black CB1 with Project X rifle 6.0

Wedges:CC Jaws 56°.14° 60°.08°

Putter: Classic 1

Ball:  Z-Star XV Pure White

Note: This thread is 4169 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!