IGNORED

New Clubs AHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Note: This thread is 4286 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I need serious help. Well, maybe not all that serious.  I have Callaway X18's which to be honest, I love em.  I tried the Callaway Razr X Forged the other day.  I loved them.  Heres my problem, I'm sick and tired of going into golf galaxy (no offense) and hitting into an animated wall.  I'm not a member of a private club.  10 handicap.  I live in NJ.  I really wish I could try other clubs, Titleist, Ping, etc, and just compare apples to apples and see what the ball action is doing.  Same with a new driver.  Loved the new Ping i20 driver.  I just cant see dropping over 1k on new clubs.  Does anyone know of a good place in northern NJ to demo clubs out on a range somewhere?  Finally, when do the manufacturers normally come out with the 2013's?  I read somewhere that Callaway is coming out with some new forged irons in 2013 that are supposed to be incredible.  Rumor?   Thanks everyone.

Who told you that these new irons were going to be incredible?   The company trying to sell them?   Either way,  at a 10 handicap,  which is nothing to to scoff at for sure,   I'm curious why you would want to wait for the 'newest thing'  vs. buying this year's models when they go on sale when they roll out the next best thing.

At a 10 Handicap I'd just focus on a nice set of forged blades,  and then get through the growing pains with them,  and there isn't going to be much in the way of 'improvements'  of forged irons next year vs. 3 years ago.

I like Mizuno but I don't own them.

I think I read in Golf mag.  Said these new forged callaways are comin for 2013.  I dunno, i dont really care at this point.  I just want to take 2-3 different irons, all forged out and just compare apples to apples. Frustrating going to golf galaxy and hitting into a wall all the time.  You cant see the ball action at all.  I'm curious about lining up the Callaway Razr forged against the Titleist.  Ping i20's which so many people were raving about, to be honest I thought were nothing to write home about.  Forgiving yes, but so are my X18's hence why I want to move.  I'm looking for a little more juice.

Hmm. I went to Titleist website, and found the demo days events.

They didn't have anything for NJ, but I found one in NY. Take a road trip?

7/14/2012 Long Island National Golf Club Titleist Fitting Days CUTCHOGUE NY 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Note: This thread is 4286 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!