IGNORED

Questions about your swing

Note: This thread is 6127 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Sorry for the weird title, but what I ment was what parts of your swing do you have to work on a lot? Take away? Backswing? Follow through? Keeping your hands in?

I find making a full shoulder turn and keeping my head still AND keeping my hands tight and inside are the 3 hardest parts of my swing. I am " getting it", but I still have to really work it.

Do you ever get past the working it stage and finally get it and it starts to come natural??? I mean it does but I have to keep myself in check.

Anyway how about you all?

The takeway. Tend to have a fast takeaway so it's always a battle to slow it down and maintain good tempo. If I can start the swing well, it usually results in a good shot.

Mine is the follow through, when I start pushing the ball It's because I only have a 3/4 follow through. which translates to me I'm trying to aim the shot instead of just hitting it, that leaves my face a bit open.

R7 9.5 S Shaft
560 R7 quad R shaft
RAC LT irons
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum

I have to worry about everything, lol. Except the follow thru. My set up is usually consistent. I typically have to slow the take away/backswing down and tell myself to keep my head down and to not try to kill the ball EVERYTIME. I guess I'm just making the stereotypical rookie mistakes.
I'm only at 13 clubs in the bag, what do you reccomend as a 14th? My foot wedge?

In the bag:
Driver - HiBore XL 10.5* Reg. Flex Fit- on Fuji GoldWoods - Tightlies GT2: 3 wood 15* & 5 wood 19* Surpass 7 wood 24*Irons - Eye 2 4-PW & a cheesey 1 iron blade I use for punch...

Takeaway. It tends to come too far inside.

Equipment, Setup, Finish, Balance, and Relax. All equal in importance and all dependent on each other. They are the cornerstones of a good golf swing.

As a rookie to this wonderful game I have issues with the whole lot!
When I first played a round I shot a 97 (not good, I know, but my best) with a very quick short hockey style swing that was far from pretty. Now that people have trained me to have a more consistent and orthodox swing I havent broken 100 since.
I must say - i am actually hitting the ball better/further but the scores are worse (partly as a result of hitting the ball better - not much straighter). I have days (at the range) where it all goes well but sometimes it goes terribly.
My main issue (at the moment) is hitting the ground (massive divot) and spooning the ball up - only half the normal distance; the problem is (I think) that I am dropping my head forward as I swing.
Thinking about it, I dont really have a clue what a good golf swing entails. I know you need to tranfer your weight, keep your arms straight, keep your head down, dont hit to hard and cock your wrists - but thats it really. Swing path and where to start, finish etc is not in my armory - has anyone got a good description of a good golf swing?
Any hints would be appreciated!

Oh yes, I was playing with a set of hand me down (ancient) blades and have just purchased a set of 2nd hand cavity backed irons - but I havent used them properly due to the issue of hitting the big ball (earth) too much.

Thanks

Charging up my right thigh and releasing it for power is what i need to work on. My Forward swing is also dreadful.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

The transition.

I have a minor flaw where i tend to allow my head to get off axis for a split second. Working on keepin my chin tucked in.

Driver: Callaway FT-5 Tour 9.5 neutral, Fujikura Fit-On 380 Shaft
3 Wood: Callaway X-Tour 13 degree, X-Stiff Steel Shaft
5 Wood/Hybrid: Callaway X-Hybrid 18 degree, Stiff Graphite Shaft
Irons: Cleveland CG2 Forged 3-PW, GW, SW, X-Stiff Steel Shaft
Putter: Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum NewportBal...

Note: This thread is 6127 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!