IGNORED

Its happened again

Note: This thread is 4310 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Seeing as we're telling stories of big bad consumers taking poor little corporation for a ride, I'll throw this story in NOTE: I don't necessarily condone this but it is funny.

Some friends of mine were renovating their basement and purchased about $600 in floating flooring from Home Depot. The day after they bought it the store put the flooring on promotion for 20% off so they went back with their receipt and asked for a discount, the store happily obliged and reimbursed their credit card for 20% of the purchase and provided a new receipt. The store didn't reclaim the original receipt so my friends went to another Home Depot and did it again, again they left with the original receipt. Naturally they drove 45 minutes to the next town over and did it again. Net result: $600 in flooring for $240. Not very honest but I doubt they'll see the gates of hell for it.

Reposted with bold text for clarity. When they told my wife and I this story we just shook our heads, these guys always pull stuff like this. Still think it's kinda funny, shady but funny.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:

Seeing as we're telling stories of big bad consumers taking poor little corporation for a ride, I'll throw this story in NOTE: I don't necessarily condone this but it is funny.

Some friends of mine were renovating their basement and purchased about $600 in floating flooring from Home Depot. The day after they bought it the store put the flooring on promotion for 20% off so they went back with their receipt and asked for a discount, the store happily obliged and reimbursed their credit card for 20% of the purchase and provided a new receipt. The store didn't reclaim the original receipt so my friends went to another Home Depot and did it again, again they left with the original receipt. Naturally they drove 45 minutes to the next town over and did it again. Net result: $600 in flooring for $240. Not very honest but I doubt they'll see the gates of hell for it.

Reposted with bold text for clarity. When they told my wife and I this story we just shook our heads, these guys always pull stuff like this. Still think it's kinda funny, shady but funny.

I speak up when a cashier makes a mistake, so I don't find the Home Depot store particularly funny.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Looking back I did actually bring it to the attention of the employee on the floor to help and was curious what was wrong with it. Then he told me the scenario and I scooped it up.

I dont know why he had to honor it but he did. It was also a 250 dollar drive that they paid 150 for.

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

Originally Posted by Jimdangles

Looking back I did actually bring it to the attention of the employee on the floor to help and was curious what was wrong with it. Then he told me the scenario and I scooped it up.

I dont know why he had to honor it but he did. It was also a 250 dollar drive that they paid 150 for.

They paid much less than $150 if they were selling it for that much. They had to make a profit some how. They may or may not have at the $99 price. Who is to know? shrugs

Nike VR-S Covert Driver Project X 6.0 Tour 52

Nike VR-S Fairway Wood 3W Fubuki K Graphite Regular Flex

Nike VR-S Iron Set 3-PW, AW, & SW True Temper Dynalite 90 R-Flex

Nike V-REV 60°/10 Wedge

Odyssey White Ice #1

Originally Posted by Doodaddy

They paid much less than $150 if they were selling it for that much. They had to make a profit some how. They may or may not have at the $99 price. Who is to know? shrugs

I think I incorrectly assumed they wanted to sell it for $150. It appears (assuming the store was being honest) they bought it for $150 and meant to list it for $250. When the OP found it listed for $99, they tried to up it to $150 so they would at least break even. Had he not bought it, it probably would have gotten a $250 price tag before going back on the shelf.

Originally Posted by UNIDuffman

I think I incorrectly assumed they wanted to sell it for $150. It appears (assuming the store was being honest) they bought it for $150 and meant to list it for $250. When the OP found it listed for $99, they tried to up it to $150 so they would at least break even. Had he not bought it, it probably would have gotten a $250 price tag before going back on the shelf.

Spot on

Originally Posted by UNIDuffman

You know what? I did the same thing.

Nike VR-S Covert Driver Project X 6.0 Tour 52

Nike VR-S Fairway Wood 3W Fubuki K Graphite Regular Flex

Nike VR-S Iron Set 3-PW, AW, & SW True Temper Dynalite 90 R-Flex

Nike V-REV 60°/10 Wedge

Odyssey White Ice #1

Sure this happened. Any receipts?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

I speak up when a cashier makes a mistake, so I don't find the Home Depot store particularly funny.

A few years ago I bought a new acoustic guitar and paid with a debit card, when I got home I noticed the card had been refused (pin error or something) and the guy didn't notice as the store was packed. I went back and sorted it all out with the guy and he gave me 10 packs of free strings. The guy couldn't believe I came back, my friends all thought I was crazy for going back. I believe in doing the right thing.

However, I'll be sure to pass along your disdain to the Home Depot culprits.

Still think it's kinda funny though, wrong but kinda funny.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I have a picture of the 89 dollar 910fd on my phone if it is really a concern. I may be able to find the 910 recipt but I have no need to ever want to return it for 100 if I could trade it in for 150 :) Ill take a look when I get home but when I bought the driver I was in my buddies car so I didnt just throw the recipt in the glovebox like I usually would have.

for pictures of the recipt from yesterday I would have to email the picture to myself right now, save it to my work computer then post it on here. I guess thats not too bad

I have a picture of the 89 dollar 910fd on my phone if it is really a concern. I may be able to find the 910 recipt but I have no need to ever want to return it for 100 if I could trade it in for 150 :) Ill take a look when I get home but when I bought the driver I was in my buddies car so I didnt just throw the recipt in the glovebox like I usually would have.

for pictures of the recipt from yesterday I would have to email the picture to myself right now, save it to my work computer then post it on here. I guess thats not too bad

Why would you feel the need to do any of that?

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Why would you feel the need to do any of that?

I was asked to and it kind of sounded easier than actually working :) I also dont even like the thought of anybody thinking im trolling.

DIME SIZE BROWN SPOT!

• Upvote 1

In your case you simply were the beneficiary of an error by the store. These things happen though less nowadays with electronic inventory control and point of sale systems. The Home Depot story isn't "a little bit shady" it's fraud.

I would have bought the 910f.

But congrats on a deal. Hope the club works for you.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I would have bought the 910f. But congrats on a deal. Hope the club works for you.

I would have preferred that but I'm on my way to the range right now to see how it performs off the deck. Keep your eyes opened for a "for trade" thread

Originally Posted by stealthduffer

The Home Depot story isn't "a little bit shady" it's fraud.

Definitely. I don't believe I ever implied otherwise.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Quote:

LOL - thanks for being thorough, but I was 1.) joking and 2.) talking about the Home Depot fraud.

Note: This thread is 4310 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!