IGNORED

Which ball do you use? or prefer?

Note: This thread is 5597 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which ball do you play or prefer?

• Titleist Pro-V1
    • Titleist Pro-V1x
    • Taylormade TP/Red
    • Taylormade TP/Black
    • Srixon Z-URC
    • Srixon Z-URS
    • Callaway HX TOUR
    • Callaway HX TOUR 56
    • Bridgestone B330
    • Bridgestone B330-S
    • Nike One Black
    • Nike One Platinum
    • Callaway HX HOT
    • Titleist NXT
    • Titleist NXT Tour
    • Top-Flite D2
    • Titleist DT-Solo
    • Nike Juice 312

If the ball you use is not on the poll please vote on which one you would prefer to use & then state which ball you use.
In my black carry bag
Driver- 909 D2 10.5* 76g Stiff UST Proforce V2
3-Wood 909 F3 14.5* 82g Stiff UST Proforce V2
Hybrid- 585-H 19* 85g Stiff Flex Adilla Proto
Irons- Z-B Forged 3iron-PW Project X 6.0Gap Wedge- Vokey Spin Milled 52|8Sand Wedge- Vokey Spin Milled 56|10Putter- Scotty Cameron...

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Callaway HX Tour 56. Long but soft and just as durable as other tour balls.

Mike

R5 Dual 9.5
F50 16.5
R7 TP 3-PW
RAC Satin 52 and 56 deg
Vokey 59 deg Studio Newport 2 HX Tour 56

ProV1x. Spins on the greens but not as much with the driver and fairway metals. Soft enough on the greens.

Will also play HX Tours and One Blacks from time to time. Like the B330 also.
In the bag

909D3 8.5 Matrix Ozik XCon 7 X
Burner TP 14.5 Fujikura RE*AX SF TP 75 X
Idea Pro 20 RP Project X 6.0 X-Tour (2005) 4-PW RP Project X 6.0 X-Tour Chrome Wedges 50 and 54 RP Project X 5.5 X-Tour Vintage 60 w/ PM grind Teryllium Ten Newport 2 34" ProV1X

You need a more exhaustive list or an "Other" category. I alternate between the Srixon AD333 and the Callaway Big Bertha. Both retail for $20.00.

Driver: Launcher, 10.5°
Fairway: Big Bertha 2007, 15° & 18°
Hybrid: Rapture, 21° & 24°
Irons: Big Bertha 2006, 5 - PW
Wedges: Vokey, 52° & 56°Putter: White Hot XG, Rossie Ball: HX HotI'm not saying my golf game went bad, but if I grew tomatoes, they'd come up sliced. ~ Lee Trevino

I chose the HX Hot. I actually am playing the Bridgestone E-5. Almost as long as the HX, maybe 3-5 yards shorter, and easier to spin on short shots and control on chips and pitches. I also will play strata or other balls bought on sale in practice rounds or cold weather, lots of leaves etc.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

I voted NXT's, but I plan on trying some HX HOT's next time I need to buy balls.

Bag: Grom
Driver: HiBore 10.5° Fuji Stiff
3W: V-Steel 15° Graphite Designs YS-6 Stiff
3h-4h: Bobby Jones Stiff
5i-PW: CG4 Steel StiffWedges: 588 DSG RTG 52°, 900 RTG 56° Low bounce, Reg. 588 RTG 60°Putter: Dead CenterBalls: Pro V1 Speed Cart V1Home Courses: Riverdale Dunes / Knolls,...

I've been a NXT Tour guy for awhile, but lately I've been experimenting with the Maxfli Black Max, which I really like.

Titleist 907D1 10.5°
Titleist 906F4 15.5°
Titleist 906F4 18.5°
Wilson Staff Pi5 3-P
Titleist Vokey 56.14Cleveland CG12 60°Scotty Cameron Newport Two

I've used Nike Power Distance and the NXT's before and I like those. I've got 2 dozen Slazenger RAW's in my bag now.

But I'm not opposed to trying others. At this stage in my game I'd rather work on the big fish. I'm not predictable enough to be able to say that a certain ball gives me 10 - 20 yds of extra distance. If I get much much better I might think about going to a launch monitor so I can figure out which ball is best for my swing and my driver.
What's in My Bag?

Driver: 10.5° KZG SP-700 with Fujikura SIX Regular Flex Shaft | 2h: Adams A7OS Stiff | 3h: Adams A3OS Stiff | 4h: Nike Slingshot Steel | 5i-PW: Adams A2OS | Sand Wedge: Cleveland CG14 56° 3-dot | Lob Wedge: Cleveland CG15 60° 3-dot | Putter: Fisher CTS-9 Polyurethane Face

I prefer the Titleist ProV1x. I have played the Callaway Hx Tour and it is a good ball with the exception that it scuffs easily.

On an unrealted note, I am new to this forum and wanted to know how to add the "In my Bag" part to all my posts. Thanks
In My Bag:

Driver: taylormade.gif R11 TP 9˚ -Diamana Kai'li 65
Woods: cleveland.gif Launcher FL 13˚
Hybrids: titleist.gif909H 19˚, 24˚Irons: mizuno.gif MP-53  5-P Wedges:  mizuno.gif MP-T11 50, 54 titleist.gifBlack Nickel 58.08 Putter: cleveland.gifClassic Black Platinum #2 Ball: titleist.gif ProV1x -  Hole-in-one 4/17/09 www.colonialcountryclub.org

I prefer the Titleist ProV1x. I have played the Callaway Hx Tour and it is a good ball with the exception that it scuffs easily.

Ive never really played the HX TOUR or the HX TOUR 56 but i heard that the couple of extra deep dimples makes the ball spin inconsintantly. Is that true?

"in your bag" you go to USER CP and then go to signiture which should be on the left of your screen and then get the smiley list up and it will tell you how to do it.
In my black carry bag
Irons- Z-B Forged 3iron-PW Project X 6.0Gap Wedge- Vokey Spin Milled 52|8Sand Wedge- Vokey Spin Milled 56|10Putter- Scotty Cameron...

i play a bunch of different golf balls, but if I had the money I'd probably use the pro v1's. But - Since I don't, nike ONE platinum's are a good price at 29.99 a dozen that I found at dicks. i dont even think it was a "special" i think they are regularly that price. I love those.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I have been using Pro V1 and Pro V1x for the past year and a half but after trying the Callaway's HX Tour and HX Tour 56, I immediately switched... Just my personal opinion but Titleist balls are overrated... Not saying they are not good... They are one of the good ones out in the market but definitely overrated.

Following are the reasons why I changed to Callaway balls:

1. They are just as long.
2. Personally prefer the feel of the ball when I putt and chip.
3. Drops and stops just like Titleist balls.
4. Cheaper but better bang for the buck.
5. Durable.
6. And all the other good stuff that people say about Titleist balls apply to this ball.

I don't know but it personally performs better for me. Don't know if it is psychological or not but I score better when using Callaway HX Tour or Tour 56 by more than 5 strokes usually.

Other good balls that I feel are quite underused and underrated are Bridgestone, and Volvik.
Driver
909D2 9.5º w/ Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum Stiff

Woods
909F2 13.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway Stiff 909F2 18.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway StiffIrons MP60 3-PW w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Sensicore S300Wedges Vokey Design 200 Series Tour Chrome 52-08 w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold S200...

I love HX Tours, and I will switch when I run out of Pro-V1s. I voted for pro-v1 because thats what I use now.

MX500 9.5* S
Burrows Golf MAC Powersphere 3W
IDEA PRO Irons
Perfect Club 21*
IDEA PRO 3HSakamoto 54* X-tour 60* Newport 2 Pro Platinum Custom

So far nothing I've tried has felt better than the Srixon Z-URS's, but I just picked up a sleeve of Bridgestone B330-S to try tomorrow. I still have the Callaway HX Tour 56 and Taylor Made Red to try as well.

Driver: 905R 9.5° (Titleist Speeder by Fujikura - S)
3-Wood: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce v2 - S)
5-Wood: 909F3 18° (Matrix Ozick - S)
Irons: Amp Irons 4-PW (True Temper Dynalite 90 - S)
Wedges:   Oil Can 248.06, 254.10, 260.04
Putter: White Hot XG #5

NXT Tour. It just jumps off the tee and flies about a mile, while it has decent playability around the green. Also, I pick them up for $3/dozen from this guy, so it's not wallet-wounding, either.

Pro V1's have a tendency, for me, to fly out of bounds. Or, they scuff too easily. I bust balls pretty good when I'm on the golf course.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I have been using Pro V1 and Pro V1x for the past year and a half but after trying the Callaway's HX Tour and HX Tour 56, I immediately switched... Just my personal opinion but Titleist balls are overrated... Not saying they are not good... They are one of the good ones out in the market but definitely overrated.

The Bridgestone B330's the e5's & the e6's are all very much underated.

You use the HX TOUR's is it true that they are inconsitant? Ive only played a few before but i didnt look for any incosistancy (i was probaly off a high handicap.)
In my black carry bag

The Bridgestone B330's the e5's & the e6's are all very much underated.

Nope. Very consistant. You are probably worried about a few deeper dimples but it doesn't effect the ball flight or the putting line. (If it did, I wouldn't have switched from Pro V1x to HX Tour) Also I hit it further compared to Pro V1x. Also like the feel of HX Tour off my putter face. Just buy a few and try them. I really like them a lot but you might not like them so best way is to try. Make sure you give us an update after you try them though

Bridgestone B330, e5 and e6 are all awesome balls.
Driver
909D2 9.5º w/ Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum Stiff

Woods
909F2 13.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway Stiff 909F2 18.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway StiffIrons MP60 3-PW w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Sensicore S300Wedges Vokey Design 200 Series Tour Chrome 52-08 w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold S200...

Note: This thread is 5597 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!