IGNORED

Johnny Miller Master Thread

wengerlaw
Note: This thread is 3246 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Thoughts on Johnny Miller (as an announcer)

• Johnny's one of the best announcers in the game
    • Ehh... he's OK
    • I hope Johnny and his nasally voice go away... forever

Nantz is a complete puss. I like Miller, but will somebody PLEEEAAAAASE

GET GARY KOCK OFF THE AIR!!!!

What a pretentious, pompous little weasel.

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

gary is quite "exited" about everything. he seems to set tiger up by saying "this shot is impossible" then going crazy when he hits it to a foot.

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

gary is quite "exited" about everything. he seems to set tiger up by saying "this shot is impossible" then going crazy when he hits it to a foot.

They all do this to some extent especially when Tiger is so far out ahead because they need drama to make it interesting. I love it when they say, "This is an impossible shot" knowing full well that Tiger will pull it off. Drama.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

I am tired of the Golf Channel kissing TW's behind. They simply do it for ratings, Top 10 Tiger this, Tiger week that, Tiger is playing in the next tournament bla bla bla.

Johnny is honest, and objective.

Gary, and David are very comical and entertaining.

In My Bag:
Driver: TaylorMade Burner 9.5* Stock Stiff
5 Wood: TaylorMade V-Steel Aldila NV Stiff
7 Wood: TaylorMade V-Steel Stock Steel
4-PW: TaylorMade R7XD Stock Stiff Steel48* Wedge: Callaway Forged52* Wedge: Founders Club60* Wedge: Founders ClubPutter: Odyssey DFX 6600Balls: Titleist ProV1 & DT SoLo

Wrong. JM and Faldo are the only two who speak the truth, even when it hurts. It may not be a coincidence that they were world class players in their day and none of the other commentators were. I like the fact that they say it like it is and they're willing to take a few risks.

Ping Rapture 12* Aldila Stiff
Ping Hybrid 19* Aldila Stiff
Power Bilt "Scotch Blades" Steel Stiff 3-PW
Ping Eye-2 SW
Ping Anser Putter

Sounds like the OP just can't stand anyone dissing his heeero. I like Tiger just fine, but, and this is especially true of his driver, he makes some terrible swings at times. And most commentators don't have the guts to point it out... they are too busy trying to keep their seats on the TW bandwagon.

Johnny Miller is a Tiger fan too, but he's not blind to the faults that sometime show up in Tigers swing. And like he says himself, he gets so wrapped up in watching the golf that he just says what he sees...and 95% of the time he is dead on.

Feherty is funny, as is McCord at times, I enjoy their commentary too, but Miller is the best analyst on any network. He digs deeper and finds the raw meat. And I enjoy that part of the telecast every bit as much as I do the fluffy lightweight stuff that the other guys do.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

typical american, he is just so patriotic it makes me sick. all the reporters just love usa and are so bias. im sure any of those announcers would go on a date with tiger woods if they had the chance

I know i just posted, but i just couldnt help myself.
I totally forgot about all the CBS and NBC people, Nantz, Koch, Costas, Miller, just all american die hards!!!!! and they love it, next Chris Myres will be on golf, just typical nonsense by the american networks. (maybe he has been on golf, i duno?)

They love it so much they need to get a life, they are totally brainwashed they just havent realized it yet.

The golf channel is pretty bad too, Leaner and Sands, just pathetic.

The american public does not understand Nick Faldo, too igonrant and one dimensional.

I know i just posted, but i just couldnt help myself.

Hmmm, Americans on an American network commenting on mostly American golf tournaments. Ya that is pathetic. And people being patriotic, what idiots. I think we need some north Koreans on NBC, that would make for some great commentary.

Borf there are not many who can generalize a 300++ million population down into such an insightful comment. " The American public does not understand Nick Faldo, too ignorant and one dimensional. " I think you could have gone further and added that Americans don't understand golf either.

What's In The Bag
Driver: TM Burner stiff
3i Cleveland Hibore Hybrid
3-6: MX-23
7-PW: MP-60 Project X 5.5SW: Golden Bear hybridLW/GW Cleveland 60* and Tour Edge 50*Putter: two bar rifle malletBall: NXT TourHome Course: Raintree CC 70.7/126 North 71/130 Southhttp://stink.net

The american public does not understand Nick Faldo, too igonrant and one dimensional.

Too igonrant? I am not sure what that means. Maybe you meant ignorant, which means lacking in knowledge which would apply to your quote and is probably the reason that the word is misspelled. Now that is ironic.

I enjoy Faldo and what he brings to the game. I am sure that many other Americans also enjoy him because they brought him in full-time this year. Networks do extensive surveys and field testing before they take a risk like that and Faldo proved himself to get the starting spot.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

You're already being piled on, but you deserve it with that type of blanket statement. You're entitled to your opinion, but when it isn't fact, you're going to get called out on it.

For the record, I hate Miller and love Faldo...and yes, I'm from America. So come down from the ledge and stop shouting nonsense and join us for some normal, civil discourse.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

apparantly i pushed some peoples buttons bigtime, haha didnt know people got this mad over a silly golf fourm

someone tryed to make this about a spelling error.....weird

PLGM: When people look back, how would you like them to remember Nick Faldo?

Faldo: Famous American question (laughing). You guys love to finish with this one. I don't know. That should be my answer; you Americans always want to know that.

http://www.publinksgolfer.net/articl...ldo/Page1.html

Faldo himself agrees with me?

NCgolfer, what you said made no sense at all, my opinion is not fact? of course it is not fact thats what an opinion is..................................so im calling you out

We have the Johnny Miller argument every year.

Miller speaks his mind, and I've always been a fan of his commentary. I've completely disagreed with some of his statements at times, but that's just part of it. He isn't as solid as Nick Faldo, but I'd rather listen to him than anyone else other than Faldo.

Fire Johnny Miller? That's over the top. Just push the "mute" button if you wish.

NCgolfer, what you said made no sense at all, my opinion is not fact? of course it is not fact thats what an opinion is..................................so im calling you out

Let me try and make it simple for you. I said your statement was a bit harsh(because of the tone) and false (because I agree with you - I hate Miller and love Faldo).

Just thought you could have put it a bit more mild, but then again, [sarcasm] you're probably European.[/sarcasm]

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

You know if I have to explain it to you it just reinforces my point.

If Johnny Miller wasnt on the NBC golf team then NBC golf would cease to exist. Bob Murphy is a complete disaster for that commentary team. He might be the worst commentator in golf ever because he bores you out of your mind and doesnt know anything or background about the players. Gary Koch is awful because he shows no enthusiasm at all. Johnny Miller is the one guy that is worth watching because he tells it like it is.

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

Johnny Miller is the best. He describes shot difficutlies, probabilty of success, swing analysis and holes better than anyone. Often time the folks at CBS talk about things like distant relatives while Miller is talking playing specifics.

Note: This thread is 3246 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!