IGNORED

My Swing (ygmondoux)

ygmondoux
Note: This thread is 1685 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 7 years

My current handicap index or average score is: 8

My typical ball flight is: 5 yards draw

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Pull Hook, Push Slice

I haven't played much in the last years but I'm trying to get back in playing shape, I'm struggling with my swing lately, I always had the same problem, I feel that my hips are too fast causing lack of space for the hands at impact witch makes me reach for the ball with my wrist too much.

I juggling with the idea of opening my feet stance, so I can have some clearance at impact. What do you think?

Thanks.

Videos:

A quick watch and ive come to the conclusion that your swing is awesome.

909 D2 10.5* Aldila NVS Reg 65g

Baffler T-Rail 16*

R7 19*

Fli-Hi 21*

FP 5-PW

52* 56* 60* Vokey Spin Milled

Flat Stick

Cupped left wrist at address?  If you change at the top of the swing?

Can lead to problems.

Otherwise it looks like you have lots of power.

Of course we are not all instructors so what do we know about someone's swing.

Quote:
Likewise, good players who start with a flat left wrist at address have a flat left wrist at the top. Starting with your left wrist cupped and flattening it going back, or starting with it flat and cupping it, is unnecessary manipulation, which can lead to inconsistency.

Read More http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-instruction/2010-01/jim_flick_wrist#ixzz20mH4TCuw

Quote:
Cupped left wrist at address?  If you change at the top of the swing?

Wow just reminded me of a swing thought I had before when I struck the ball better. I tried to feel that wrist cupped at the top of the swing. I've been all over the place this summer. I'll remember that thought.

Thx

I would say that swing is pretty solid.  Good temp, good weight trasnfer and good balance.  Left wrist looks square at impact....

In my bag:
MP 57's 4-PW KBS Stiff
Ping G 20 10.5* Stiff
Taylormade V Steel 3 and 5 wood

Bridgestone J33 R Hybrid 21* NV Shaft
Mizuno MP Quad Cut 52* and 56* Spinner Shafts

Scotty Cameron Newport Two TeI3

• 1 year later...
Here is an update of my swing July 2014. Unfortunatly it's not perfectly down the Line. [VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUUITlC0T6o&list;=UUYvbl4mxd-j-vRjgtK59Gyw[/VIDEO]

I got an erro @ygmondoux when I tried to see the video.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 year later...

Swing update

After playing way too few rounds of golf in the last 3 years I'm back at it. Having played 15 rounds in the last 2 months, my handicap index is dropping quickly. Played a couple of mid-low 70's round on a hard 7100 yards golf course.

I started the season in late July having no swing thought, for some reasons I now have a baseball grip and my feet are closer together, my shot dispersion have never been better although I don't think I've lost any distance.

Here's my 7 iron swing (Baby Fade - Always had draw before this year)

I think I'm just going to stick with this method of swinging and groove it down. The whatever works swing method ;)

I've made some down the line videos today with 6 iron and Driver. Feel free to give me your thoughts about my swing. What I should try to improve and what I should never change.

Are you a tall guy? Seems like you clubs are too short for you. Your hands are pretty low and close to you.

In terms of the swing I think you'd be better off having the backswing finish here instead of going past parallel. When the arms swing gets a little long or out of sequence with the pivot it can cause the arms to be "late" on the downswing. So I don't think the issue is that the hips are too fast, more that the arms are too "slow".

I'd also widen your stance, start with a couple inches on each side.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm 6'5" I could benefit from having fitted clubs you are right. I have some silver dots +1,5" at home but I hate these clubs as I generate too much club head speed from a very steep angle it makes my ball flight too spinny and it goes way too high. I used too swing more in a controled manner... I got stucked and it made me push the ball (my first video). I'll try it again since my path changed a bit. As for my stance, I'll stick with it for now... Since I narrowed my stance I don't miss more than 25 yards offline. I'm definatly going to try shortning my backswing. Thx for the pointers!

• 3 weeks later...

Had a very good practice session today, somehow I felt my swing was butter smooth and the ball pretty much went where I wanted it to go, draw were easier to hit. (I usually struggle being on target with my draws)

So I filmed myself just to have a go to swing when I not swinging great.

Played a good round of golf yesterday +5 in a hard 74.3 rating golf course. My driving was amazing, 280+ in cold weather in the fairway: missed 3 fairways and not by much. My second shots were abysmal, 7 greens in regulation. 4 in 4 on par 5, (I'm usually on or near in two strokes.)

After the round I practiced my second shots, first time this year on grass... I guess that is the big problem, I don't have the same familiar feedback I get on mat, it feels so different. 

I think I could shave a few strokes by practicing on actual grass once in a while. 

I'm very happy with how my swing evolves on it's own, I'm trying not to make conscious swing changes other than at address. I'm trying to stick with my swing and trust it and every time I film it, it gets better. I was a bit more across the line at the top of the swing  the last time I shot from down the line and my transition was not that linear.

Here is today's swing down the line from a ground view (I'm not that much pass parallel) 

Here is a face on view in slow motion. This video made me realize how inconsistent my ball position is this is a 6 iron swing... and the ball is eay to much toward de left heel. I must figure out my new ball position since my feet are so close together.

Are you a tall guy? Seems like you clubs are too short for you. Your hands are pretty low and close to you.  

This quote by @mvmac got me thinking about my setup. I've used standard lie and loft clubs all my life and to get the sole of the club flat on the ground I had to do that. After that it's always been impossible to return the club at impact in a position that is close to the one I have at impact.

So I decided to take some silver dots I have at home and cut them standard length (I've tried to change clubs that are fit for my size but they were 1.5"+ long and the result of that was a very high ballooning trajectory.) 

I took my clubs to the course today and tried to set them up flat on the ground... and VOILÀ! I return them in the exact same position at impact, which I think is going to make my swing more consistent in the long run. 

Here is the video. My alignment was off I was aiming at the billboard so that's why I think I pulled it a bit. 

The swing just looks more simple... I now have something I have to work on during off season. As right now It feels very awkward.

Is it something worth doing? What are your thoughts?  

Note: This thread is 1685 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!