IGNORED

Bridgestone e6 or Srixon Q-star?

Note: This thread is 4264 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. e6 or Q-star?

• E6
    • Q-Star
    • Other: Please post in thread!

I got a lot of opinions from this thread: http://thesandtrap.com/t/58586/bridgestone-e6-or-srixon-q-star. I'd like to turn it into a poll, to guide my buy later today.

My foremost consideration is reduction of sidespin with the driver. Which would you buy?

Ive mostly played titleist for the last few years, but wanted to try something new this last weekend i played. Originally i intended to switch to the Callaway Hex Black, but after 1.5 rounds decided i didn't like it (felt good on driver and wedges, but anything in between felt like a rock and not much better on the putter either). I had been given a sleeve of the Bridgestone E6 the day before so i gave them a shot...Felt great off the putter, hit it a mile off the tee, and the ball jumped off my irons (especially out of the rough). By the end of the day i had the rest of my group (all sub 10 handicaps) wanting to try the ball...

The only downside to the ball was that i didn't generate all the much spin with my full swing approach shots. They didn't roll off the green or anything, but they didn't back up either. It was more like a hit and kick maybe 5 yards before stopping. I may try the 330's and see if they can increase the spin without taking away from everything else that felt good about this ball.

I played the Bridgestone E6 for 18 months, I liked the ball, straightened my drives out felt OK off the putter, only downside for me was it just ran through the greens, could not get it to stop/check at all.

I switched to the Srixon Q star, its a much better ball, still straight off the tee, same distance, but where I find this ball excels is on the green approach shots and wedge shots check and stop nicely, and great off the putter.

I have tried most of the mid range balls, the Srixon Q star is hands down the best I have tried, I hear great things about the Callaway hex Chrome, but have not used that as yet

After reading great reviews of the Q.Star I bought a sleeve to try out and was underwhelmed ,I dropped about 20 metres off the tee and it was no better at holding the green than my Taylomade LDP.It was soft off the irons but I was not impressed overall ,but saying that each to his own .. unless you try different balls in a game and not by reviews you will never know.  (  reading the O.P again the question was sidespin,that was reduced compared to others I've used )

The Q-Star has been my go to ball for the last few rounds.  Really liked the distance I was seeing off all the clubs and the driver was very straight as well.  Was able to get the ball to check up fairly well on the softer greens but most greens now are too hard for me to not have some roll out.

I played the E6 last summer and wasn't overly impressed with the ball at the time but last season was my first full season playing.  I should give them another go this season and get a newer opinion since I have become a much better ballstriker and the straightness might really help with my bad shots.

Q-Star all the way.  In my expperience, it has a much softer feel and holds the greens much better than the E6.  The E6 will SLIGHTLY reduce you slice but at best you are still going to have a fade.  It isnt a magic ball that will fix a bad swing.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Given those 2 choices I'd go with the Q-Star.  But for the same price (if not less) you'd be better served by trying the Top Flite Gamers or even the Nike Vapor Blacks.

nike.gif  VR-S Covert 10.5*

nike.gif  SQ2 15*

Idea Black Hybrid, 19*

mizuno.gif  MP54, 4-PW

vokey.gif SM 50*, 54*, 58*

nike.gif  Method 001

nike.gif  RZN One

If you like the e6, I found the Wilson Duo played similarly off the tee distance and straiht wise but has more check up on approaches.

Its also $7 cheaper per box.

Driver: Ping G25

3w - Ping K15

3h - TEE Trilogy

4h - TEE Trilogy

5h - TEE Trilogy

Irons: Ping G25 6-LW

Putter: Odyssey White Ice D.A.R.T
Bag: Nike SQ Tour

Optics: Bushnell Tour V2 Slope

Shoes: True Linkswear

I voted for the Q-Star because I like a yellow ball.  But I have played the e6 and it is a good mid priced ball too and if it came in yellow I'd give it another try.

Butch

Originally Posted by ghalfaire

I voted for the Q-Star because I like a yellow ball.  But I have played the e6 and it is a good mid priced ball too and if it came in yellow I'd give it another try.

E6 does come in yellow. It also comes in orange. And white.

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

Originally Posted by rustyredcab

E6 does come in yellow. It also comes in orange. And white.

you're right I was thinking of the e5 which a good ball.  I mis-spoke above.  I have played both the e5 and e6 and don't really care for the e6, too hard.

Butch

Note: This thread is 4264 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!