IGNORED

evolvr lessons

Note: This thread is 3173 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So I just signed up for these since the instructor I work with is heading off to a better life the end of this month.  My question is when I got my video back I was told I need to get my left arm out and down more but, not sure how to do this.  It would be nice in the lessons if they could do a video demonstration of what they would like to see or a way to communicate back and forth.  Not sure if I need to shift my arm down or out or both and how to do it without causing harm.

Driver: Titleist 915 D3
3 wood: 15 Callaway X Hot pro
Hybrids:  18 Callaway X Hot Pro
Irons: 4-GW Callaway Apex
project x 6.0
Wedges: 54 , 58 Callaway
Putter: 2 ball
Ball: Callaway Chrome

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've been using Evolvr since February / March of this year.  I've made some nice progress working with the Evolvr team.  My recommendation is to send a note back to your instructor and request additional information.

Again, going off of my own personal experience working with the Evolvr staff has been solid.  The responses that I've received from their team (mvmac) has always had my swing compared to a professional - or ideal swing to memic from another player.  And then pulled in additional video links with drills that can help with hitting the proper geometry / feels.

Regarding the left arm... Are they talking about A1 to A4 (Backswing) or A5 to A7 (Downswing to Impact), or A7 to A10 (Impact to Finish)? If you can comment on that... I'm sure that there are plenty of users here on the site that can help point you into the right direction (using your swing thread) on how to get the left arm in a better position.

a5 to a7 i've always had the issue where my left arm stays glued to my chest then I have to tilt my shoulders to get down to the ball.  Something I've done for ever.  I remember someone posting a video on here about a pump drill but, couldn't find it.

project x 6.0

• Administrator
Originally Posted by poser

So I just signed up for these since the instructor I work with is heading off to a better life the end of this month.  My question is when I got my video back I was told I need to get my left arm out and down more but, not sure how to do this.  It would be nice in the lessons if they could do a video demonstration of what they would like to see or a way to communicate back and forth.  Not sure if I need to shift my arm down or out or both and how to do it without causing harm.

We'll have an answer for you shortly.

This site isn't evolvr, even though Mike and I (and Dave sometimes) post here. It'll be faster if you write to evolvr@thegolfevolution.com .

I think you are talking about this video:

I made a thread somewhere about "getting your hands down too quickly" and too slowly (or something like that) that I'll try to find. I may edit this after I see your evolvr lesson though. I don't want to give you the wrong stuff.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Hi Poser,

You're doing great and are on the right track.  Sorry if there was any confusion with the analysis but I'll just reiterate what I said in the video.  Left shoulder stays low longer from A4 down, back stays towards the target longer while your arms move down so the hands are just in front of the right thigh at A6.  Mikes video above is exactly what you need to practice regarding the "pump drill".  And try that other drill I gave you with the glove under the left arm.

Stephan Kostelecky

Golf Instructor

Youtube

awesome thats what I was looking for thanks guys.  Sorry didn't realize this wasn't the proper place for this.

project x 6.0

yes.

project x 6.0

Originally Posted by iacas

We'll have an answer for you shortly.

This site isn't evolvr, even though Mike and I (and Dave sometimes) post here. It'll be faster if you write to evolvr@thegolfevolution.com .

I think you are talking about this video:

I made a thread somewhere about "getting your hands down too quickly" and too slowly (or something like that) that I'll try to find. I may edit this after I see your evolvr lesson though. I don't want to give you the wrong stuff.

Great video.  Thanks for posting.  I think I've seen the guy in this video before?  Not sure where, though?

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Great video.  Thanks for posting.  I think I've seen the guy in this video before?  Not sure where, though?

Men's Fitness magazine, I think.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

Men's Fitness magazine, I think.

Yep.

photo.jpg

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

• Administrator
  • Upvote 1

I also wrote the article on page 65, that's why I talk so much on here about thrusting the hips and extensor action

• Upvote 1

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Originally Posted by mvmac

I also wrote the article on page 65, that's why I talk so much on here about thrusting the hips and extensor action

LOL!

AND you're an Olympian as well ???

Wow.

haha awesome

project x 6.0

• Administrator
Originally Posted by mvmac

What's on page 65? I wrote the article on page 68.

Note: This thread is 3173 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!