IGNORED

Range Finder Question

Note: This thread is 4282 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by iacas

The prisms aren't necessary at all. I rarely play courses with the prisms and my laser rangefinder works beautifully.

+1.  Never played a course with prisms.  Never had a problem with my rangefinder.

In my  :sunmountain: H2NO bag:

910 D3 (9.5° - A1 setting)

910 F-d (15° - A1 setting)

4DX (20°)

:mizuno: MP64 (4-6) MP69 (7-PW)

:mizuno: MP-T4 (50°), (54°), :callaway: Jaws (60°)

Select Newport 2 2012)

Originally Posted by golfnz34me

Laser:

If you don't know the proper techniques for using them you can get wrong yardages in certain circumstances.  If there is no wind and the flag is limp, it can be hard to acquire yardages beyond 150 yards or so.  On windy days can be hard to hold steady.

I've been given a laser rangefinder but am having trouble using it. it's a bushnell 5-700 (10x25).

about half the time it'll give me a distance, but the other half it's calculates and calculates but doesn't come up with anything. i have tested this from my balcony and i get distances instantly, but on a course it's different (low battery indicator doesn't show).

any tips?

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted by loki16

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfnz34me

Laser:

If you don't know the proper techniques for using them you can get wrong yardages in certain circumstances.  If there is no wind and the flag is limp, it can be hard to acquire yardages beyond 150 yards or so.  On windy days can be hard to hold steady.

I've been given a laser rangefinder but am having trouble using it. it's a bushnell 5-700 (10x25).

about half the time it'll give me a distance, but the other half it's calculates and calculates but doesn't come up with anything. i have tested this from my balcony and i get distances instantly, but on a course it's different (low battery indicator doesn't show).

any tips?

It may have been mishandled once too many times by the previous owner and so now will not pick distances longer than 100 yards or so. That's how mine is. (Mishandled by *current* owner).

Bill

Note: This thread is 4282 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!