IGNORED

What clubs do you rotate in and out of your bag?

Note: This thread is 4288 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

One thing i've noticed, as I get better at this game, is that I am learning which clubs fit which situations, and depending on the course im playing (as long as I know the course and have played there).

My home course, I use the clubs listed in my signature. But when I play another local club im a member at, I take out the 3 wood, put my 2 iron (42.25 inch shaft) in the bag because it has 4 very narrow fairways on holes that are too short to pull a driver on without ending up in bunkers protecting the greens(More confidence with the 2i than a wood off the tee), and pull my 48* wedge in favor of my 60, because its saved me on two holes (* and 9, back to back) where there are retaining walls ~20 feet left of the green. Any less than my 60, and I cant get out without playing the ball backwards, where with the 60, I can pop it straight out while perpendicular to the wall, and have a chance at getting on the green, as long as my ball isn't up against the wall. I always seem to end up down this side at least once per round at this course.

Then there is the 9 hole muni I play on Saturdays with little 'bro' (BBBS program), where I take out the the normal 3 wood and put in my 'strong' 3 wood (12.5or 13*, im not exactly sure), because it has two really long par 5's (First hole is a 505 par 5, and 5th is a 591 par 5). The first I can usually get on in two with a driver/3w, but the 591 I have never, ever got on in 2, so Driver/3W leaves laid up in front of the water hazard protecting an elevated green,  leaving me a perfect wedge shot up hill, which i've gotten very good at doing.

When im playing links golf (5 or 6 times a year, I play without hybrids, as I find the sandy base just makes iron play so much easier to me, so i go with 2-GW, with no hybrids, and a 60 and 64 for those horrible, frustrating pot bunkers.

So what about you guys? Is your bag set and stone, or do you mix and match your clubs to the course you are playing.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

I've had a strange pattern in my golf history. I've either had 13 clubs and couldn't figure what I wanted for #14, or I've had 15 and struggled to decide which one to leave in the trunk of the car.

For two years, I carried a driver and 3W - and either a 19* Raylor or a 5W - and either three or four wedges with my irons. For the fourth wedge, I would usually drop the 4i and keep the 3i as a driving club on short tight par 4s.

For wedges, the big struggle was whether to go P + 50 + 54 + 58, or P +50 + 56.

In June I revised my bag, in poker parlance, to be based on three 4s. I went to a RBZ 17* 3W (called a 4W in the 20th Century) and a 7W and an RBZ 4H. Lowest numbered iron is 4i. Went back to P + 50 + 56 in wedges.

Possible others: a heavier, higher bounce 56* SW for fluffy sand, and a heavier putter if I end up on unusually large greens.

Also, there's one course in the county where the 58* might go back in the bag due to several pot bunkers and the unusual nature of greenside turf.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

As you can see in my sig., I have 3 drivers that I rotate, as soon as I find one that I hit good ALL the time I'll just have one. The only clubs that I swap regular is my 56/58 wedges. My home course only has a few bunkers and the sand is normally hard, I'll have the 58/06 in the bag. If I'm playing a course that has bunkers with soft fluffy sand I'll put the 56 in the bag. I also sometime swap a 23 hybrid and my 4 iron, but the hybrid is normally in the bag.

Mainly my drivers.I have five.... Nickent 4DX 12.5 *,Cleveland HiBore XLS 10.5*,Callaway X460 Tour 9.5* ,Cleveland Launcher DST 10.5* and a Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 10.5* .Whenever I feel I'm not getting the best out of a driver (or is it me) I'll switch out and next round use another until it too doesn't feel right ,could be 2 rounds or could be 20 rounds .I know its a mental thing but who says golfers are logical.

Very few. Every now and then my putter will earn a time out in a dark closet out in the garage and if its really windy I might replace a hybrid with a 2 or 3 iron, but for the most part I stick with the same bag.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On any given round I might put a different set of irons,wedges and FW in my bag.The driver and hybrids don't change as much.  The putter will change between a 35 1/2",41" and 48" depending on speed of greens that I am playing. I don't play in tornaments any more, so I just play for fun.  Changing up clubs is fun for me since I am a Club Ho!

Wishon  715 CLC-AXE5 A shaft -hard steppedt -44.5"
4 wood-Infiniti 17*-UST IROD A shaft-Hard stepped(2009 model)
Hybrids 19* & 24*-Trident DSW-UST IROD Hybrid A shaft-hard stepped (2009 model)
Irons-5-PW- Wilson Staff Progressive Forged-TT Release  sensicore( 5&6-Soft stepped R-7,8&9-R-wedge hard stepped R
Wedges-52*-Wilson JP BeCE(54* bent to 52*)-TT-Release sensicore-hard stepped R

56*Wilson R-61 BECU Sandy Andy- Release sensicore tipped same as 8 iron

60* Wilson Harmonized BECU-Release sensicore tipped same as 8 iron

Woods- Star Grips  Irons Energy Grips

:Putter-Rife IBF with Ping Blackout Grip-35"

Ball-Wilson Staff Zip Golf. or C-25

Drivers and putters. Used to rotate irons pretty much, but I've got it narrowed down.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Got an old Taylor made bubble shaft 4 wood that I just don't hit nearly consistent enough and I put it away for my titleist 975 3 wood 12.5 degree that I can use inplace of my driver when accuracy is premium. Put my 4 iron away for 23 degree hybrid think my next club will be a 18 or 19 hybrid.

Originally Posted by Snakey

Mainly my drivers.I have five.... Nickent 4DX 12.5 *,Cleveland HiBore XLS 10.5*,Callaway X460 Tour 9.5* ,Cleveland Launcher DST 10.5* and a Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 10.5* .Whenever I feel I'm not getting the best out of a driver (or is it me) I'll switch out and next round use another until it too doesn't feel right ,could be 2 rounds or could be 20 rounds .I know its a mental thing but who says golfers are logical.

That's the exact way I am with my drivers, I'm hoping the Nunchuk shaft solves this issue

I sub out a 3 iron for the 3 hybrid when I play one course in particular that is just covered in sugar sand anywhere off the fairway. Most other places I bring the 3 iron unless I am not feeling the love.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

I'll rotate entire sets more often than individual clubs. Once I get the right blend I stick with it. I am trying to get a new 53/58 wedge combo into service (last 2 right handed Scratch 8620 SS wedges at Golf Town - they were on sale) with my Cleveland blades so I can put the 2-hybrid in without dropping a long iron. Right now it's P(138), 53 Mizuno (120), 57 (100), 60 (80). I used a 54/60 Ben Hogan set most of last year but I could never get the distances < 50 yards dialed in as well as I can with the Mizunos (had 'em for about 17 years). I might not get there with the Scratch wedges any time soon, so the rotating might be a regular occurence.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I rotate an 18 degree hybrid and 5 wood depending on conditions.  I also have a 21 degree that will make it in the bag when I pull the 3 iron. Haven't pulled the gap wedge out of storage yet this year.  I like knocking down and or dialing back my pitching wedge.

Vr_s 9.5 degree Diamana Blueboard 63 Stiff

Vr_s 15 degree Diamana Blueboard 73 Stiff

Vr_s 19 degree Diamana Blueboard 73 Stiff

Vr Pro 3-P Project x 5.5 Hard Stepped Once

Vr Pro DS  56 & 60 True Temper S400

Spider Ghost 34"

ProV1

I have 2 different 11° drivers I'll swap out for awhile if one decides to be naughty.  I have the Wishon 919THI in the bag right now, and have a Callaway Diablo Edge that is in time-out at the moment.

I rotate my putters mostly.  I have three shafts for my driver and choose one based on conditions and ball flight at the range before the round.

I tend to switch out drivers more than anything.  I have a Nike SQ Sumo 5000, Titleist 909D2, and a Nike VR Red Tour (all 10.5*).  I've tried to "upgrade" from my Sumo twice now and can't seem to let it go, lol.

Other than that I switch out my Titleist 904f 5 wood 19* and 585h 21* depending on how much time I expect to spend in the rough that particular day.

nike.gif  VR-S Covert 10.5*

nike.gif  SQ2 15*

Idea Black Hybrid, 19*

mizuno.gif  MP54, 4-PW

vokey.gif SM 50*, 54*, 58*

nike.gif  Method 001

nike.gif  RZN One

Note: This thread is 4288 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!