IGNORED

What's In Ernie's Bag? Lots of Callaway Clubs

Note: This thread is 4288 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Congrats to Callaway on the great win with Ernie Els at the Open Championship           Here is some god info I got from a "tour source". Callaway Staff Professional Ernie Els captured his fourth career Major title by winning the 2012 Open Championship at Royal Lytham & St. Annes in dramatic fashion today. Ernie finished at 7-under par after carding a 67-70-68-68: 273, including four birdies on the tournament’s final nine holes. Ernie claimed the Major win with a full bag of Callaway equipment, including:   Callaway RAZR Fit Driver, 8.5° Callaway X-TOUR '08 (15°) Callaway RAZR X Muscleback Irons (5-9, PW) Callaway X Utility Prototype (18°, 21°, 24°) Callaway JAWS Wedges (52°, 60°) Odyssey White Hot XG #1 Belly Putter Callaway HEX Black Tour Golf Ball   After the round, the Big Easy thanked Callaway for its support over the last several years: “The Callaway people have stood behind me and really helped me out,” said Els in a post-championship interview. “I’ve been with them for five years.”   Callaway Momentum Els’ win marks the third major championship victory for the Callaway RAZR Fit driver this season, and the second major championship win in two weeks. The RAZR Fit driver has now won ten tournaments worldwide, including five overall victories in the last seven weeks. Similarly, the HEX Black Tour golf ball has been used in four of the last seven wins on the European Tour, where the ball’s aerodynamic properties help mitigate typically windyconditions.   A Few Equipment-Related Specifics: Roger Cleveland made a late tweak to Ernie's Callaway X Utility Prototype Irons on Wednesday. He flattened the lie angle of all three of his utility irons (18-, 21-, and 24-degree) by half adegree. Ernie has been playing these irons since they were introduced on Tour at the Byron Nelson. That week – in May - the Big Easy put all three available utility irons in the bag and jokingly asked Cleveland, ‘Where is the rest of the set?”   A technical iron for the world’s best players, Cleveland has noted, “I wanted to enhance that design into a three-loft concept with a new club design that was shallower, had a deeper CG, and that created a higher launch angle, which is difficult to achieve in longer irons.”   Odyssey, the #1 Putter in Golf, led the putter count at the Open Championship with 34% of the field using an Odyssey putter, including the following top finishers: 1 – Ernie Els, WH XG #1 Belly

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4288 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!