IGNORED

Best ball for beginner

Note: This thread is 4263 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Currently I am hitting Nike Mojo golf balls. I do like them, I was just wondering if there might be something better for a beginner.

http://www.golfsmith.com/product/30038252/nike-mojo-golf-balls-double-dozen-

In my bag....

Clubs that have been thrown a lot

Originally Posted by Gaviao

Currently I am hitting Nike Mojo golf balls. I do like them, I was just wondering if there might be something better for a beginner.

http://www.golfsmith.com/product/30038252/nike-mojo-golf-balls-double-dozen-

You can never go wrong with the Top-Flite Gamers or D2's. I love them to this day. They have a ball for every type of player too

L4V 9* Stiff flex

3W-PW Reg Flex

RBZ Clone 54* Apollo Black Steel Reg Flex

Custom Bionik 504 set for crossgrip

Cart Bag or  Stand Bag

Z Star XV or  TP Black LDP to show off

I agree.  The Gamers are great balls, but if you're truly a beginner I'd stick to the Mojos for this season and move to the Gamers as you start to figure things out.

nike.gif  VR-S Covert 10.5*

nike.gif  SQ2 15*

Idea Black Hybrid, 19*

mizuno.gif  MP54, 4-PW

vokey.gif SM 50*, 54*, 58*

nike.gif  Method 001

nike.gif  RZN One

i used to use mojos and while they are cheap, putting feels atrocious with them. i saved strokes by gong to the e6, but you don't have to buy new balls.

i get the slightly used ones in bulk to save on shipping and you can get them for less than new mojos.

G25 Driver (10.5* Stiff Flex)

G20 3 Wood (15* Stiff Flex)

i15 3 Hybrid (20* Stiff Flex)

i20 Hybrid (23* Stiff Flex)

JPX 800 (5-AW)

T11 54* (9* Bounce) and 58* (10* Bounce) w/DG Spinner Shafts

Tracy

My ball is anything on sale

Anything you won't cry when you lose them in the woods or water.

I like 2-piece balls.. so I use that as a starting point.

Mojos are fine.. I always thought they were cool because of the name and design.. but I outgrew them fast.

What's In My  Stand Bag

Driver:  FT-iZ 9*

Hybrids: C3 3,4,5

Irons: C3 6-GW

Wedges: C3 58*/8 and 54*/12

Putter:  blade

Ball: Gamer V2

http://cdn.thesandtrap.com/0/0d/150x50px-LL-0d81d772_tst_award_kickstarter_otm.png

I also just switched to the e6 in yellow.  I was suspect on the claims that they hit straighter but I've played a couple of rounds with them now and I definitely believe the claims.  That said if I'm playing a heavily wooded course or one with a lot of water I stick to my Titlest Tour Distance balls I got at costco for like .50cents a ball

I started with the cheapest balls I could find so I would not spend a lot of time looking for lost balls. Now I use Wilson Staff Zips, good ball I got them off ebay and switch between top flite gamers and the zips. like both of them.

Mojo's are great balls and they're very cheap.  As suggested about you could by them in bulk at a site like knetgolf.com , this way you get more for you buck and don't have to worry about losing them.  For a cheap golf ball I've found the Mojo has the best feel and damn they go far!  Nike has a good line of golf balls and you can always stay with Nike and something that is familiar or branch out to Bridgestone which has some great golf balls for players still learning the game that aren't ready for premium golf balls like ProV's.

What a great site. Thanks for the link!

What's In My  Stand Bag

Driver:  FT-iZ 9*

Hybrids: C3 3,4,5

Irons: C3 6-GW

Wedges: C3 58*/8 and 54*/12

Putter:  blade

Ball: Gamer V2

http://cdn.thesandtrap.com/0/0d/150x50px-LL-0d81d772_tst_award_kickstarter_otm.png

I've been using the callaway diablo and callaway warbirds. I like them quite a bit, I think I favor the diablo a little more but there isn't that much difference, to me anyway. And they don't break the bank. I also will play a hole or two with balls I find on the course to get a feel for different brands. I found a brand new looking pro V1 by a bush the other day and man I could def. tell a difference in the "feel". Played a Nike tour one and didn't like it at all. I also bought a pack of sirixion that I like quite a bit. :-) but they were kind of pricey

Motown88

That site is sick! Thanks for the link.

So what I'm hearing from everyone is that the Mojos(or something cheaper) is fine for now, but I'm going to want and upgrade as my game gets better... just like my clubs

In my bag....

Clubs that have been thrown a lot

Motown88

So what I'm hearing from everyone is that the Mojos(or something cheaper) is fine for now, but I'm going to want and upgrade as my game gets better... just like my clubs

bingo. no point in getting a pro v1 and then losing a half dozen a round. plus a lot of expensive balls tend to "help" players get better spin out of balls so they can work draws and fades. this also helps a duffers slice become a sideways rocket ship.

i always look around if the course is dead and pick up a few balls. i have some pro v1's, hex balls, etc. that i knock around, but would never buy at my current level.

G25 Driver (10.5* Stiff Flex)

G20 3 Wood (15* Stiff Flex)

i15 3 Hybrid (20* Stiff Flex)

i20 Hybrid (23* Stiff Flex)

JPX 800 (5-AW)

T11 54* (9* Bounce) and 58* (10* Bounce) w/DG Spinner Shafts

Tracy

My ball is anything on sale

Motown88

You're welcome...

The site has GREAT customer service.  I play Nike One Tour golf balls still, Nike no longer makes them so I have to purchase them from sites like Knet.  The last batch of refinished Nike One's I got were not to my standard, the refinisehd cover started peeling on the golf balls.  I've never had this happen before.  I contacted Knet and within a week they sent me 3 dozen more Nike Ones free of charge (I purchased 3 dozen the first time around) to replace the ones I received that were below par.

Note: This thread is 4263 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!