IGNORED

Best set of wedges...

Note: This thread is 3876 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Wishon  715 CLC-AXE5 A shaft -hard steppedt -44.5"
4 wood-Infiniti 17*-UST IROD A shaft-Hard stepped(2009 model)
Hybrids 19* & 24*-Trident DSW-UST IROD Hybrid A shaft-hard stepped (2009 model)
Irons-5-PW- Wilson Staff Progressive Forged-TT Release  sensicore( 5&6-Soft stepped R-7,8&9-R-wedge hard stepped R
Wedges-52*-Wilson JP BeCE(54* bent to 52*)-TT-Release sensicore-hard stepped R

56*Wilson R-61 BECU Sandy Andy- Release sensicore tipped same as 8 iron

60* Wilson Harmonized BECU-Release sensicore tipped same as 8 iron

Woods- Star Grips  Irons Energy Grips

:Putter-Rife IBF with Ping Blackout Grip-35"

Ball-Wilson Staff Zip Golf. or C-25

• 1 year later...
The Tom Watson Classic wedges are severely underrated, as are some Tour Edge products. Cost isn't everything and when you pay $100-150 for a wedge, you're also paying for the marketing cost of the brand (paying for the name, obviously).

The Classics are a mature model, so Adams doesn't have to recover any R&D;, and spends little on marketing. The Classics Three-Pak gives you a 52.08, a 56.12, and a 60.08 for about $100 total. If you're a basic wedge player - don't do a lot of exciting hand and set-up manipulation - these may be the wedges for you.

Also, take a look at the Cleveland CG15 and CG16 models. These have the TRAction (tour reflex action) wedgeflex shaft - flexible tip for more spin on short shots - and a firm butt section to keep the launch a bit lower for control. Golf shops have the 15 and 16 models down about $70 each these days. I play the CG14s with TRAction shaft, and really like them. The Cle 588 Forged from last year also have a next-gen TRAction-like shaft, and now have price breaks on them.

Every OEM has thousands of never-been-hit wedges a year or two old that you can have for well under $100 each.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I traded in two cleveland wedges lol a 52-12 and 58-8 to get another Cleveland 588   52-8... And love the 52-8...   did this at Golfsmith...   and then also picked up two Macgregor Tourney wedges,  a 56 and 60 degree...  i dont know the bounce on them, and they are not marked either, but they work pretty nice...

If money is not a issue, I'd go with Cleveland's 588s or Vokeys...

It is what it is

I still like my Cleveland 588 REG Gunmetal wedges 51°, 57°, 64°. I use the 51 degree gap wedge the most: for full shots into the green, for pitching, delicate stuff too. The 57 is the sand wedge. And the 64 is really a specialty club if you will. High flops, out of deep green side bunkers, and full out 10< yard "balloon landings". George Shot

Driver: Adams TightLies Titanium High Launch Max COR (10.5°) R Flex Graphite SuperShaft Lightweight Mid Kickpoint, GolfPride Multicompound Grip

Fairway Wood: Ping G20 4-Wood (16.5°), R Flex Ping TFC 169F Shaft, Ping ID8 Grip | Hybrid: Ping G25 (23°), Ping TFC 189H Shaft, GolfPride Tour Velvet Grip

Irons: Cleveland TA-5 Gunmetal R Flex True Temper Sensicore Shafts, BlackWidow Widowmaker Black/Black Grips: 5-I (27°) 6-I (30°), 7-I (33.5°), 8-I (37°), 9-I (41°), PW (45°)

Wedges: Cleveland Tour Action REG 588 Gunmetal Dynamic Gold Sensicore Shafts, BlackWidow Widowmaker Black/Red Grips: 51°/6, 57°/10, LW 64°/8

Putter: Carbite Polar Balanced DC, Tiger Shark Oversized Grip 31"

I'm curious about cavity back wedges vs blades.  When I got my cavity back irons I liked them and went ahead and ordered the full wedge set too.  Will most people generally play blades for wedges even if they use cavity back irons?

I'm curious about cavity back wedges vs blades. ...

Club designer Ralph Maltby has a couple of good links which discuss wedges. These might help answer your questions:

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

I am really digging the new Cleveland wedges. They made the leading edge a bit less rounded than the ones i have, and they really look nice standing over them. I think i am sold on my next wedges, just need to get them outfitted with some KBS golf shafts.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

What irons are you playing? I was going to do the same thing except most "game improvement" irons have cranked lofts the average pitching wedge is 44-48. On gi irons the pitching wedge is 44 so if you get a 52 you have a 8 degree gap. Which is what the gap wedge is supposed eliminate I would recommend getting 50, 56, 60. Just for better distance gaps and anything Cleveland, I have heard good things about the Mack daddy wedges, mizuno wedges, and of course vokeys. Good luck

Note: This thread is 3876 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!