• Announcements

• iacas

Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sigfan2340

Golf League Software.........

5 posts in this topic

It appears that the person running our work golf league will be retiring soon. As the youngest member of our golf league I will step up and take it over. However, the person running it is using a homemade handicap system and it's a nightmare to figure out. I would like to download free, or pay for one that will do it all for us including the handicapping, points, standings, and schedule. We are 16 person league, 2 people per team, 8 teams and we play 16 weeks at the same golf course. The course has 45 holes.

Can anyone recommend something?

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Originally Posted by sigfan2340

It appears that the person running our work golf league will be retiring soon. As the youngest member of our golf league I will step up and take it over. However, the person running it is using a homemade handicap system and it's a nightmare to figure out. I would like to download free, or pay for one that will do it all for us including the handicapping, points, standings, and schedule. We are 16 person league, 2 people per team, 8 teams and we play 16 weeks at the same golf course. The course has 45 holes.

Can anyone recommend something?

If he can figure it out and has been using it, then so can you at least until you can get the oars out of the water.

He probably couldn't find a ready made system that would do it all.

There are quite a few free programs out there, I just dont know the names of them. Im sure some here will. Good luck!

Do a Google search on "golf handicap software".

After writing and using my own tournament software since the late 1980's for my Mac, I have had to make the move to a PC. I have found a company who writes great software, is reasonable, and is very responsive to end user requests.

http://www.golfsoftware.com/products/tm/golf-tournament-software.aspx

Kevin

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2016 TST Partners

GAME Golf
    PING Golf
    Lowest Score Wins
    • "5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (February 2016)
      Spent quite a bit of time working the shoulder/hip turn drill and divided into four parts: 1. Shoulder turn with shaft across shoulders (feel: right shoulder blade moving to the left) 2. Same as #1 add hip rotation and weight shift keeping a steady head (feel: downswing feel left shoulder blade moving to the right) 3. Use club: pull left rust with the right on the backswing. Downswing and shift swing with left arm only... Keeping right elbow inward. (Feel: swing with left arm and hip). This one helps to get the feel of swinging across the body rather than out to left as much as I have been. 4. Put it together with a full swing with ball. Really cold here today, so divided practice between the garage and inside with the 1/2 swing. Also did weights, kettlebells and boxing for the aerobic exercise.
    • Use blades to learn how to play!
      Modern blades are relatively forgiving these days, but there are plenty of better player cavity backs that provide the level of feedback to know exactly where you struck it on the face. 1. Your irons wouldn't be to blame for something like that.
      2. I hate to be that guy but I don't see that actually happening unless you're getting major rollout/weather conditions/altitude. You should buy a laser rangefinder to avoid misjudging distances on the course.
    • Share your New Strokes Gained Data from GAME Golf!
      It's not your research. It's Mark Broadie's. Beyond that… GAME Golf is a partner of TST in 2016. We have an advisory board that addresses issues with them on a regular basis. I'm co-author of Lowest Score Wins, which has plenty of our own research. No, that's wrong. Again, if you have a 33 foot putt (expected: 2.0) and you hit it 33 feet past the hole and then make that one, the math is exactly the same as if you hit it to 3.3 inches and tap that one in: 33', 33': stroke 1: 1.0 strokes lost. stroke 2: 1.0 strokes gained. Net: 0.0 strokes gained.
      33', 3.3": stroke 1: 0 strokes gained, stroke 2: 0 strokes gained. Net: 0.0 strokes gained. Everything after the first putt is irrelevant. If you three-putt from 33', you lose 1.0 strokes regardless of the length of the second or third putts. If you two-putt, you break even. If you one-putt, you gain 1.0 strokes. Your third hole you were 27 feet away. Expected strokes: 1.95. If you two-putt, you lose 0.05 strokes. Lo and behold, you two-putted, and lost… 0.05 strokes. Same as if you hit it to two inches, or 33', and made the second putt.
    • Use blades to learn how to play!
      I thought I would bring back an old thread instead of making a new one so here's what I have to ask.   This year I have a lot of free time and I would like to spent at least 4 hours each day, or at least every other day, practicing my golf game so I can get to a 1 to +1 handicap. I've been playing since I was young but only 1 time every couple years, and right now I'm playing off of a handicap that was from all 5 scores I had last year and it's 12M. My last score of the season was a 79 and my highest was an 88. I want a club that's going to force me to learn when I strike the ball correctly as, before they were stolen ):, my Nike vapor speeds didn't provide me a lot of feedback.    Would blades be a horrible decision? I don't want to spend $1000 on clubs and I was fitted for standard length, lie and lofts that are around 42-44° for a 9 iron and decreasing/increasing by 4° each club in the bag. So, im looking at some used Nike VR pros, but I want to get a second opinion before I buy them. Would it be a bad idea to learn this way. Another problem that I have is the fact that I find it difficult to control distances because I can consistently hit my 3 iron 235 like I'm supposed to and sometimes I have a 3 iron that flies ridiculously hot off the face and can touch 290-300 yards. Obviously this is an issue if I'm going for a green that's 230 yards away.    Am I wrong for thinking this? are blades a bad idea?
  • TST Blog Entries

• Images

• Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Blog Entries