IGNORED

What type of Golfer are you?

Spyder
Note: This thread is 4263 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which type of Golfer are you? (Descriptions in below in OP)

• The Steady Eddie/Edwina
    • The Intimidator
    • The Barmy Arnie
    • The Vagabond
    • The Joker
    • The Accumulator
    • The Automaton
    • The Neurotic
    • The Hawker
    • The Bomber

No doubt, Neurotic.  Jekyll and Hyde as well.

I never know how I am going to play and overanalyze my game. Can shoot a low 80 one day and shoot a 95 the next.

Happy as heck when I am playing well and quiet when I am not.  Emotional to a fault but not cussing loud or throwing stuff either.

Overall, I am not the best partner to those who just want to play and have fun.  Probably take myself and game too serious at times.  I can't help it.  Its the competitive part of me.

Definitely the neurotic. I get too down on myself during rounds, but I think that's what has made me the golfer I am today.

2013 Goal:

Single digit handicap

I am mostly the Intimidator, but I am not totally without speech on the golf course. I will carry on a few conversations during a round, but I prefer to stick to myself and play my game. I am really bad on the range. I have a specific warm-up routine and I like to arrive at the golf course at least a hour ahead of my round in order to stretch and get ready. This is not always possible though as I play a lot of early morning rounds before 6:30am. All tournament rounds though I follow my routine. I even listen to headphones while I putt and I hit balls as far away from everyone else as I can get. No distractions!

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Definitely Steady Eddie. I play with two younger guys who both bomb it, but I always beat them because they have "Waterloo" holes (triple bogeys or worse) while I typically can go an entire round without more than a single double bogey or three putt.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

i guess the closest would be neurotic with a hint of accumulator.  i always keep a mental tab on everyone else's shots just to make sure no one tries to squeeze in a par that should've been a bogey, but i never count it up out loud.

Steady Eddie except for that myth of hitting a lot of fairways.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Originally Posted by Dave2512

Definitely the neurotic, my worst critic without a doubt. I can see how it could be considered rude. Especially if the person dishing compliments plays at a lower level.

I'm in the same boat. I'm sure i drive some of the ppl i play with crazy because i'm always focusing on my bad shots rather than the good ones.

Just last weekend i sliced it off the tee like a jackass into the next fairway, had 120 to the green (protected by a bunker). I hit it into the bunker....Chipped out of the bunker to about 5 feet and made the putt for a par. Here I still had my par on one of the harder holes of the course, but I couldn't stop bitching about my first two shots on that hole lol

I'm closest to being the automaton. I have a consistent preshot routine but I don't have a consistent swing.

Note: This thread is 4263 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!