IGNORED

AP2s = amazing!

Note: This thread is 4290 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I went to Golf Mart to test out new drivers. And since I've always wanted to try the new AP2s, I gave them a go as well. Compared them to the Mizuno MP68s, I was getting way more distance w/ the AP2s. Obviously, I may not be striking pure enough w/ the MP68s, but the distances were pretty different. I was getting 170-175 on avg w/ the MP68s and 185-190 w/ the AP2s.

Definitely something to consider when the time comes to upgrade irons...

The clubs are lofted the same, difference in distance could be related to the shaft or it's possible that you're not consistently hitting the sweet spot and losing yardage with the blade (MP-68).

Originally Posted by rubch

I went to Golf Mart to test out new drivers. And since I've always wanted to try the new AP2s, I gave them a go as well. Compared them to the Mizuno MP68s, I was getting way more distance w/ the AP2s. Obviously, I may not be striking pure enough w/ the MP68s, but the distances were pretty different. I was getting 170-175 on avg w/ the MP68s and 185-190 w/ the AP2s.

Definitely something to consider when the time comes to upgrade irons...

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Pretty big difference between the AP2 and MP-68. I'm not surprised you're hitting it farther. The less forgiving the club is, the more distance you lose from mishits. What's your handicap? I'm going to shop new clubs soon. Will be dropping my set of MP-57's. They're great clubs, but not quite as forgiving as I need at this point. I can easily lose 20 yards on mishits. The AP2's are one of the models I'll be looking at.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah, I guess so. I didn't expect the MP68s to be so much less forgiving. I currently play with MP52s and can hit a 6i about 160-170 all in.

I don't keep an official handicap and I don't get out on the course that often, but I can shoot anywhere between 90-100.

I hear you on the MP57s. While the Mizuno "butter like" feel is pretty addicting, the forgiveness and distance on the AP2s may be even more so.

Note: This thread is 4290 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!