IGNORED

How often do you replace your glove?

Note: This thread is 4258 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I replace the glove if it shows any wear. for me usually the thumb goes first.  As far as getting them wet. they usually just shrink a little. buy a pair of rain gloves and keep them in your bag.

I use them as long as possible. Usually until there is a hole in the thumb. Gloves are expensive considering how easily they wear out.

Driver - Cobra S3 9.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon JavlnFX M7 
Fwy - Titleist 904F 18*
Irons - Mizuno MP-14
Wedges - Cleveland 588 54*, Ping Tour 58*
Putter - Ping D66 (iWi)

Try no glove. I never thought I'd be happy without a nice fresh glove until reading threads here. Now I love going without any glove.

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

I never wear a glove anymore. When I learned the game I never wore a glove, and then for some reason I started wearing one. But it's just a pain in the ass and it never actually helped my score.

Now I just have badass calluses that protect the soft delicate insides of my hands.

:whistle:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

if you can no longer grip the club with it comfortably.

if it doesnt form to your hand and fingers correctly.

if the material turns to cardboard.

I have 2 gloves in my bag atm.. M/L and a L. Depending on day, weather, I just switch between the two.

What's In My  Stand Bag

Driver:  FT-iZ 9*

Hybrids: C3 3,4,5

Irons: C3 6-GW

Wedges: C3 58*/8 and 54*/12

Putter:  blade

Ball: Gamer V2

http://cdn.thesandtrap.com/0/0d/150x50px-LL-0d81d772_tst_award_kickstarter_otm.png

Every three games, if I am playing for money or in a comp, I always use a new one

I will also only use a Mizuno Skintite

Very superstitious about gloves

Taylormade RBZ 10.5 driver, Taylormade Burner 2.0 15 deg 3 wood, Mizuno JPX800 19deg hybrid, Taylormade Burner 2.0 4-PW, Titleist Vokey 52,56,60 rusty wedges, Odyssey White Ice #7 360gm tour weight, Bridgestone B330S

During the Sweaty summer Months, i wear three or four gloves during a round, so I have a Velcro strip that hangs from my bag to hold the cloves where thay can dry out.

In this manner, I can wear a glove for several months, playing twice a week.

Originally Posted by Fozcycle

During the Sweaty summer Months, i wear three or four gloves during a round, so I have a Velcro strip that hangs from my bag to hold the cloves where thay can dry out.

In this manner, I can wear a glove for several months, playing twice a week.

Where do you get these velcro strips? I've seen many guys at my club doing the same.

Originally Posted by TomK82

as soon as they are doing more harm to my swing than good its time for a new glove

Yeah, I was playing with a worn-out glove and it was affecting my grip on the club. I changed the glove and went on to shoot my best round the next time I played. (6 strokes lower than my average score).

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

I rotate my gloves like I rotate my tennis shoes. After they start wearing out, the old shoes become yard shoes. My gloves rotate into a practice glove for another week or two then get pitched.

I buy Sta-Sof Footjoys on Ebay here and there. At Dick's they're about $20.00 a piece + tax but on Ebay you can get them about 40% cheaper on Auctions.

Everytime I peg somebody in another fairway with an errant drive, I give them the glove I was wearing (with my autograph, of course) and break out a new one.

(Seriously though, I wear mine until it gets a hole - usually in the thumb.  I also store it in a ziploc bag so its not all dry/crunchy each time I take it back out.  Don't know if that does anything for its life span, but it stays softer at least)

EDIT:  Sorry, I forgot to ask ... What's rain??

I replace a glove when it gets black and starts to get slick.  Typically gloves last me a long time, even playing twice a week and going to the range once a week 1 glove still lasts me the entire season.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Typically, I do not wear a glove. But when I do, I replace it when I see wear in the palm area.

This summer, it is so warm, I began wearing rain gloves to keep my hands on the grip. I try to use the left glove, but when it was 105, I used both. They work.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

When I wore a glove, until it started to get hard... I probably could get more use than I did but I liked having them in fairly "new" condition.

However, for the past month or so I've been going gloveless and love it. In the summer out here it's real hot (118° yesterday) and I keep a towel soaked in ice water to cool off... I got tired of taking my glove on and off to use it so I ditched the glove and couldn't be happier.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

I replace it when I get a hole or else it no longer grips the club well.

I do not play the constant glove-on, glove off game that many people play when they got close to or on the green, which I feel

1) Wastes time pulling a glove one or off;

2) Wears out the glove faster;

3) Gives me a worse grip on the club when temperatures are 90+* -- on a recent 98* day, I kept having to wipe off my bare right hand but did not have an issue with sweat effecting my grip with my gloved left hand.

4)  Has no appreciable impact on my chipping or putting, whatsoever.  I cannot recall ever having my putter slip or otherwise strike the ball in a manner I did not intend because of how my gloved left hand was holding on to the putter grip - my putts that I miss are because of alignment issues,  underestimating or overestimating the break (I am guilty of the latter most of the time) or having the wrong speed on the putt.  I suspect that this is true for 99% of the people on this board, regardless of how they talk about improved feel with bare hands.

In my bag: - Ping G20 driver, 10.5 deg. S flex - Ping G20 3W, 15 deg., S flex - Nickent 4dx 3H, 4H - Nike Slingshot 4-PW - Adams Tom Watson 52 deg. GW - Vokey 58 deg. SW -Ping Half Wack-E putter

Note: This thread is 4258 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!