IGNORED

What ball(s) is in your bag?

Note: This thread is 3923 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by dak4n6

I have noticed the same thing. It just puts something in my head. Weird.

Have you ever tried just dropping your new ball on the ground, rolling it in some dirt/grass and then picking it back up before you tee off? Maybe that will help...

I don't think you can fool Karma. It knows. Actually, you would probably get a double whammy like hitting it out of bounds AND breaking a windshield..

dak4n6

Apparently my swing speed isn't as fast as I thought..

For clarification, so I can start to better understand golf balls.

High compression is for faster swing speeds?

I have a feeling I like the harder balls better.. feels lighter off the tee and doesn't feel like I'm hitting a weighted ball that has a mind of its own.

What ball should I be looking for with those 'specifics'? Would I actually lose control with a harder ball? I'm so oblivious.

What's In My  Stand Bag

Driver:  FT-iZ 9*

Hybrids: C3 3,4,5

Irons: C3 6-GW

Wedges: C3 58*/8 and 54*/12

Putter:  blade

Ball: Gamer V2

http://cdn.thesandtrap.com/0/0d/150x50px-LL-0d81d772_tst_award_kickstarter_otm.png

My game is finally getting to the point where the type of ball I play will matter. I'm going to buy the Srixon Q star and give them a try. They were recommended to me, we'll see.

Pro V1x.  I've switched to other balls at times (Z Star), but keep coming back to them.  Low driver and long iron spin (to minimize side spin), high wedge and greenside spin, soft feel, and great distance.  It really is the complete package.

I have been using the Hex Black Tour as well recently.  It performs like the Pro V1x in every respect for me.  The only difference I've noticed is the feel.  It has a firmer, "clicky" type feel.

Driver:       Cobra AMP Cell - Blue

Fairway:    TM Rocketballz Stage 2  *17
Hybrids:    Callaway X2 Hot 19* and 22*
Irons:        Mizuno MX-23 5-PW
Wedges:   Cleveland 588  51*, 56*, 60*

Putter:      Scotty Cameron GoLo Customized

Ball:          Srixon Z Star (2013)

I have a coupon for Dicks. Spend $50 or more and get $15 off. Prov1x time? Gooooood deal.

What's In My  Stand Bag

http://cdn.thesandtrap.com/0/0d/150x50px-LL-0d81d772_tst_award_kickstarter_otm.png

Nike 20XI X. I'm loving it.

Titleist 909D2 Driver,   Adams F11 3 wood,    Adams Pro Gold 3 hybrid,   ,

Mizuno JPX 800 Pros w/ KBS Tour stiff  4 - GW,   Nike VR Pro 54 & 58 Wedges, Nike Method 001 Putter,

Nike 20XI X ball in an Titleist Lightweight stand bag.

Slazenger Raw Distance Feel.

I am really enjoying playing with this ball.  It sticks real good on the green and feels great when I putt.

Driver:    SLDR TP 9.5* (Tour AD DI 6S)

Wood:   Jetspeed 3W (Aldilia RIP Alpha) & SLDR 5W (Diamana Kai'li)

Hybrids: Rescue 11 3H (18*) & Rescue 11 4H (21*)

Irons:     Rocketbladez Tour 4-PW

Wedge:   ATV 52* & 58*

Putter:   Bettinardi Signature 6

Read the fine print.  I bet it excludes Titleist....

Originally Posted by Goonsidious

I have a coupon for Dicks.

Spend $50 or more and get $15 off.

Prov1x time? Gooooood deal.

Haha you're right. Oh my god.. well.. hmm.

NEXT.

What's In My  Stand Bag

NEXT.

The Dick's Sporting Goods here in Northeast Ohio currently have the Taylormade Penta TP3 @ Buy 2 for $55.00. You could wind up with 2@$40.00 with your coupon if yours has a similar price.

I also have a 10$ gift card/certificate for earning a certain amount of points there.

So..  essentially getting $25 off if I spend $50+. Yes, I'm able to combine them.

Will have to make a move before my huge golf outing on Monday.

What's In My  Stand Bag

NEXT.

Titlesist is notorious for NOT allowing their stuff to be discounted.  On occasion, they'll do it themselves, but even then they probably won't let you use other coupons/discounts.

Titlesist is notorious for NOT allowing their stuff to be discounted.  On occasion, they'll do it themselves, but even then they probably won't let you use other coupons/discounts.

This is the main reason I refuse to give money to Titlesist. They can take their elitist attitude and shove it!!!

Originally Posted by RGoosen

This is the main reason I refuse to give money to Titlesist. They can take their elitist attitude and shove it!!!

It's not just Titliest.  Here's part of the disclaimer for the Golfsmith Labor Day sale ...

"All items from the following brands are excluded: Bushnell, Sky Golf, Sun Mountain, Garmin, PING, Titleist, Leupold, Golf Buddy, Motorola, Scotty Cameron, FootJoy, Mizuno, ECCO, True Linkswear, Clicgear, Oakley, Accusport, Zelocity, Zero Restriction, Lacoste, Puma, Luxilon and Babolat"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It's not just Titliest.  Here's part of the disclaimer for the Golfsmith Labor Day sale ... "All items from the following brands are excluded: Bushnell, Sky Golf, Sun Mountain, Garmin, PING, Titleist, Leupold, Golf Buddy, Motorola, Scotty Cameron, FootJoy, Mizuno, ECCO, True Linkswear, Clicgear, Oakley, Accusport, Zelocity, Zero Restriction, Lacoste, Puma, Luxilon and Babolat"

I agree, but Titleist and Ping are always in the disclaimer for every sale I have ever seen. I don't always stick to my guns (I do own 2 Ping wedges ...only b/c the loft/bounce option fit me perfectly) , but you will not find any other items from those companies in my bag. There are plenty of quality golf manufactures out there that don't try and "stick it" to the consumer in this economy. I still say screw them and they can take my middle finger too.

To be completly honest the balls that I have been hitting the best lately and I would go to over anything are the Pinnacle Golds and probably the one I would choose most is the Wilson Fg Tour X.  I prefer harder golf balls but they aren't for everyone.

Originally Posted by RGoosen

I agree, but Titleist and Ping are always in the disclaimer for every sale I have ever seen. I don't always stick to my guns (I do own 2 Ping wedges ...only b/c the loft/bounce option fit me perfectly) , but you will not find any other items from those companies in my bag. There are plenty of quality golf manufactures out there that don't try and "stick it" to the consumer in this economy. I still say screw them and they can take my middle finger too.

You're right about them always being in the "exclusions list."

**Steps up onto soap box**

Titleist does have to give away A LOT of free balls to all of the professionals that use them, and someone has pay for that.  The thing is, like pro sports tix for example, they can only charge that much b/c people are willing to pay it. It's beyond me why people are willing to pay hundreds of dollars for a ticket to see a football, baseball, etc. game knowing that a large chunk of that cash is going to pay the players, owners etc. millions of dollars that most of them will likely squander.  On top of that, you pay $20+ for parking, $7+ for a beer, $4+ for a hot dog, etc. and then wait an hour to get out of the parking lot when the games over.  I'd rather get a case of beer for $20, sit on my comfy couch (15 feet from the restroom) and watch the game on my big screen.....that being said, I am a capitalist and I'm not mad at "them" for charging that much if people are willing to pay it.  What was my point again.....oh yeah.....Titleist is doing the same thing.

**Starts to get down off the box, but changes his mind**

I do not purchase Titleist balls unless I have something to discount the price (i.e. gift card), and I don't go to pro sports events unless I'm attending for free.  Even then I sometimes pass.  I often say to people that golf is the only pro sport (I think) that even comes close to being fair (financially).  The players get paid each week in direct proportion to how well they perform; unlike other sports with guarantees that ensure players receive their five/six figure per game check whether they play or not, or whether they add value to the team or not.  I realize golfers can also make obsene amounts, but at least have to go out and earn their check each week.

Thank you for your time.

**Steps down off of soap box**

Note: This thread is 3923 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!