IGNORED

What golf shoes are the best for walking?

Note: This thread is 4098 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Can anybody give me some advice on what golf shoe's are the most comfortable and best for walking?

I recently purchased a Clicgear Cart and plan on walking more than riding like I have in the past and my

Footjoy Contours just are not that comfortable to walk 18 in.

Any advice would be appreciated thanks.

In my   Supreme Hybrid 2.0 Bag

Driver:  Burner Superfast 2.0 TP 8.5deg w/ Fubuki 73 x5ct tour stiff shaft

3-wood:  Burner Superfast 2.0 TP 15deg w/ R11s Fubuki 60 a stiff shaft

Hybrids:  Burner High Launch 17 & 22deg w/ Fugikura REAX 60 stiff shafts

Irons:  Burner 2009 5 - lw w/ Taylormade 85 steel stiff shafts

Putter:  White Hot xg 9 36in w/ jumbo grip

Ball:  Penta tp 3

and a 6 pack of beer

Can anybody give me some advice on what golf shoe's are the most comfortable and best for walking?

I recently purchased a Clicgear Cart and plan on walking more than riding like I have in the past and my

Footjoy Contours just are not that comfortable to walk 18 in.

Any advice would be appreciated thanks.

What kind of do you have? I have flat feet and love my addidas'. If you have narrow and high arch, go with nike. I am sure there are others for both cases but these are the ones I know.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Adidas powerband. Amazing shoe and no need to break them in, felt very comfortable first time. Pricey, but worth it in comfort, also waterproof. Hope this helps.

In My Bag:

:tmade: 9.5˚ Rocketballz | :callaway: 15˚ X-Hot 3 Wood :tmade: ran TP (3-PW) | :vokey: Vokey 52˚ & 56˚ | :odyssey: White Smoke MC-72 

Thanks for the replies, I also have flat narrow feet and I have been looking at the Adidas Powerband but which model do you have 3.0 or 4.0?

Thanks again for the information the Footjoys just are not cutting it. I like them for riding but not walking. Just started walking this year.

In my   Supreme Hybrid 2.0 Bag

Driver:  Burner Superfast 2.0 TP 8.5deg w/ Fubuki 73 x5ct tour stiff shaft

3-wood:  Burner Superfast 2.0 TP 15deg w/ R11s Fubuki 60 a stiff shaft

Hybrids:  Burner High Launch 17 & 22deg w/ Fugikura REAX 60 stiff shafts

Irons:  Burner 2009 5 - lw w/ Taylormade 85 steel stiff shafts

Putter:  White Hot xg 9 36in w/ jumbo grip

Ball:  Penta tp 3

and a 6 pack of beer

You are going to get a ton of different view on this but my favorite shoe is the TRUE Linkswear Stealth.

I have a couple of pairs of the TRUE Tours and they are nice, but the Stealth is just better.  Hard to describe... I got them on Tuesday and walked 18 yesterday with no issues what so ever.  Not sure if it is the leather insole or the newly designed out-sole, but man they sure are nice.

I have to second the True Linkswear as something to look at... Maybe its because I have a wide toe spread, but the ture's fit my feet perfectly, room for all my toes not just 4 of them, and they still fit in the heal. I also feel more balanced in them then in my other shoes. i have the tour 2.0 in white/black.

I can not wear Nike or Adidas shoes, they are way to narrow for my feet, I have tried the wides in Nike and they were still to narrow in the toes, and one day I ran across some  EEEE Nike's and the toe would have been good but the heal was way to wide, I would have gotten a better fit from simply wearing the shoe box. It all comes down to your foot I guess, but I love the True tours so far.

I'm a huge fan of the Footjoy Contour Casual, they fit me perfectly, not to say they will fit everyone as well, even that aside I have 3 different pair of spikeless shoes and swear by them.  I have a pair of the ECCO Street and the Oakley Ripcord, if you want to walk and be comfortable, look at any of the numerous spikeless shoes now available, your feet will appreciate it!  And, they are all very reasonably priced.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

If you can afford them, I find Eccos to be the best.  Theyre by far the most comfy golf shoes on the market, IMO.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Thanks for the replies, I also have flat narrow feet and I have been looking at the Adidas Powerband but which model do you have 3.0 or 4.0? Thanks again for the information the Footjoys just are not cutting it. I like them for riding but not walking. Just started walking this year.

I had/have a pair of the original Powerbands, and I hated them for walking. The stiff TPU sole was uncomfortable and didn't flex with my foot at all.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Best advice I can give for walking shoes is to go to someplace like RoadRunner Sports and get some Shoe Dog insoles made for you. I did this for running/workout shoes and loved them so much I decided to try them out in my golf shoes. Makes a HUGE difference. I put them in whichever shoes I'm playing that particular day - right now my main shoes are Adidas Tour 360 ATV's and Adidas Samba Golf. I personally stick to Adidas because I have fairly narrow feet and their shoes are narrower than FJ's or Nike's...

:tmade: R11 9* Blur Stiff --- R11 14* 3w Blur Stiff --- Rescue 11 21* Aldila RIP Stiff :tmade: Tour Preferred CB 3i-6i --- MC 7i --- MB 8i-PW - Project X Flighted 6.0, custom lie and lofts :vokey: Oil Can 52.08 --- Oil Can 56.11 --- Oil Can 60.07 :cameron: 1996 Catalina - Custom specs made @ :titleist:

I just recently bought a pair of Footjoy SuperLites, mainly for a golf trip I was going on.  Honestly didn't want to spend the money on them because I already own 2-3 pair of "traditional" golf shoes but my wife talked me into it saying they would be more comfortable (plus I had a $40 off from Golf Galaxy) so I figured what the hell.  Have to give her credit because I never had any foot pain, fatigue or blisters and that's with wearing them 36 holes a day for 3 straight days.  Granted I didn't walk the entire time (one day was cart path only) but usually I come home with some blisters and feet feeling tired as heck.  Now I am a big Footjoy fan (only shoes I'll wear) but I've only had these a month or so, so I can't speak for durability.  So far they still look brand new.

WHAT'S IN MY BAG

Driver: TaylorMade RBZ 9.5 degree; 3-Wood: TaylorMade RBZ 15 degree; Hybrids: TaylorMade RBZ 19 degree; Irons: Titleist AP1; Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54/60; Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback; Ball: Callaway Hex Chrome+  Grips:  PURE Pro

Any ones that fit well.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane iMix 11.5*
Fairway: Cobra Baffler Rail F 3W & 7W
Irons:  Wilson Ci
Wedges:  Acer XB (52* & 56*)
Putter:  Cleveland Classic #10 with Winn Jumbo Pistol Grip

For me its easy, the True Linkswear shoes. I have a pair of Tours and a pair of stealths, LOVE them both. The Stealths are easily the most comfortable golf shoe I've worn.

In the Ogio Chamber Cart Bag w/ Ogio X4 Synergy Push Cart: Driver: Adams Super LS 7.5* w/ Harrison Striper H2 60x Fairway: Adams Tight Lies 16* Fairway Wood w/ Harrison Mugen Black 70x Irons: Adams Idea Pro Black CB1 Irons w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (3-PW) Wedges: Yururi Raw Gekku w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (53, 57, & 61) Putter: Never Compromise Gambler Straight Ball: Srixon Z-Star/Z-Star XV Tour Yellow GPS: Garmin Approach G6 Shoes: True Linkswear

I have Fottjoys both super liters & FJSport, Addidas 3.0, Ecco Streets.......They all have their benefits....the key is to NOT wear the same shoe everyday. Allow them time to breathe and recuperate.....they will last a long time........So far, the Superlites are on their third set of spikes. I also have two pair of Callaways but can't remember the styles....I usually wear the Eccos for midday or afternoon rounds as they get gummed up with wet grass clippings.

The 2012 True Tours are comfy right out of the box - better than the 2011 version for me.

But you have a special case with flat feet - it's gonna take a lot of walking around the store...

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Originally Posted by Topper

Any ones that fit well.

Absolutely this!

I have notoriously "heavy" shoes, but they feel great on,  and I don't want to take them off when I get back to my car  (but do of course)

I think anything that fits/feels well,  are great for walking.

Note: This thread is 4098 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!