IGNORED

What golf shoes are the best for walking?

Note:Β This thread is 4105 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

FootJoy is closing out their "Streets" line. They look like classic tennis shoes with spikes, and are really, really comfortable. Picked up 2 pairs at Golf Galaxy for around 30 bucks each. You can probably find them at internet outlets. Most comfortable golf shoes I have ever worn!

Originally Posted by Archie Bunker

FootJoy is closing out their "Streets" line. They look like classic tennis shoes with spikes, and are really, really comfortable. Picked up 2 pairs at Golf Galaxy for around 30 bucks each. You can probably find them at internet outlets. Most comfortable golf shoes I have ever worn!

I fully agree.Β  The first pair of golf shoes I ever bought in June when I started golfing was the Foot Joy Contour.Β  I like those because they are waterproof but wanted a second pair.Β  I found the FJ Streets on sale a few weeks back at Dicks for like 50 bucks.Β  I like them even more than the Contours and they are waterproof!Β  Now I find out why they were so cheap, because they are being discontinued......that stinks but these should still last a while.Β  I wear them every other round as I do not wear the same pair consecutive rounds......FJ are great though.Β  Waterproof is key.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well thanks for the replies. But I settled on a pair of Asics Gel Linksmaster. I will let you know how they do.

In my Β Β Supreme Hybrid 2.0 Bag

Driver: Β Burner Superfast 2.0 TP 8.5deg w/ Fubuki 73 x5ct tour stiff shaft

3-wood: Β Burner Superfast 2.0 TP 15deg w/ R11s Fubuki 60 a stiff shaft

Hybrids: Β Burner High Launch 17 & 22deg w/ Fugikura REAX 60 stiff shafts

Irons: Β Burner 2009 5 - lw w/ Taylormade 85 steel stiff shafts

Putter: Β White Hot xg 9 36in w/ jumbo grip

Ball: Β Penta tp 3

Β and a 6 pack of beer

Sorry if I'm taking this over, but I'm curious about the TRUE shoes (and other street golf shoes like the eccos). Β Those small nubs don't seem like enough traction and seem like they would wear off quickly. Β Do any of you have problems with stability or balance in the street style golf shoes? Β How long do those nubs last? Β For $200 shoes with non-replaceable spikes, you would want them to last quite a while..

Driver:Β  :adams: super S

Fairway Woods: :tmade: RBZ 15* 3 wood

Hybrids:Β  :tmade: Burner 2.0 18* 3H, :adams: A7OS 22* 4H, :adams: A7OS 25* 5H

Irons:Β :adams: A7OS 6-PW

Wedges:Β  :cleve: 588 RTX 50* GW, :cleve: 588 BeCu 56* SW

Putter:Β  :odyssey: White Hot XG #7 2.0

Well thanks for the replies. But I settled on a pair of Asics Gel Linksmaster. I will let you know how they do.

Asics is a great shoe for narrow feet, especially people who have high arches. I didn't know that they made golf shoes or I would have recommended them.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted by BioGolfNebraska

Sorry if I'm taking this over, but I'm curious about the TRUE shoes (and other street golf shoes like the eccos). Β Those small nubs don't seem like enough traction and seem like they would wear off quickly. Β Do any of you have problems with stability or balance in the street style golf shoes? Β How long do those nubs last? Β For $200 shoes with non-replaceable spikes, you would want them to last quite a while..

I play a lot of golf and this has not been an issue. Β I have a pair of 2011 shoes I'm still wearing, as well as the newer ones. Β Traction is not an issue unless you're swinging out of your balance, which would be an issue with any shoes with soft cleats.

I have played 4 rounds in my new Asics now and if you do not have a really wide foot I highly recommend them. They are like having a pair of tennis shoes on and they have great grip.

I am glad I went with them over the Adidas and I have to say I like them better than my Foot Joy Contours also. Just because the Contours are a little wider.

Asics Gel Linksmaster I would defiantly recommend them.

In my Β Β Supreme Hybrid 2.0 Bag

Driver: Β Burner Superfast 2.0 TP 8.5deg w/ Fubuki 73 x5ct tour stiff shaft

3-wood: Β Burner Superfast 2.0 TP 15deg w/ R11s Fubuki 60 a stiff shaft

Hybrids: Β Burner High Launch 17 & 22deg w/ Fugikura REAX 60 stiff shafts

Irons: Β Burner 2009 5 - lw w/ Taylormade 85 steel stiff shafts

Putter: Β White Hot xg 9 36in w/ jumbo grip

Ball: Β Penta tp 3

Β and a 6 pack of beer

The Trues are the best out there.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment:Β 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5Β°) Β· PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15Β° and 21Β°)Β Β· PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22Β°, 25Β°, and 28Β°) Β· PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) Β·Β Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50Β°, 55Β°, 60Β°) Β·Β Edel Classic BladeΒ Putter (32") Β· Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour Β· Pinned Prism RangefinderΒ Β· Star Grips Β· Flightscope Mevo Β· TRUE Linkswear Shoes Β·Β Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
AnalyzrΒ Pro

I used my original True Tours on the range and course as my only pair of golf shoes for 15 months - only one nub on the right shoe was worn.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22Β HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7Β Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Β 

I play at least once a week, and I only wear the True Linkswear shoes (1 pair of 2011 Tours, 1 pair of 2012 Stealths). So far I have seen very little wear on either shoe. They still provide plenty of grip, no less than my Foot Joys w/ regular plastic spikes. One tip for keeping them longer, try to avoid walking on pavement/gravel in them. Stick to the grass/dirt/sand and they won't wear near as quick.

In the Ogio Chamber Cart Bag w/ Ogio X4 Synergy Push Cart: Driver: Adams Super LS 7.5* w/ Harrison Striper H2 60x Fairway: Adams Tight Lies 16* Fairway Wood w/ Harrison Mugen Black 70x Irons: Adams Idea Pro Black CB1 Irons w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (3-PW) Wedges: Yururi Raw Gekku w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (53, 57, & 61) Putter: Never Compromise Gambler Straight Ball: Srixon Z-Star/Z-Star XV Tour Yellow GPS: Garmin Approach G6 Shoes: True Linkswear

Originally Posted by scgonoles

Can anybody give me some advice on what golf shoe's are the most comfortable and best for walking?

I recently purchased a Clicgear Cart and plan on walking more than riding like I have in the past and my

Footjoy Contours just are not that comfortable to walk 18 in.

Any advice would be appreciated thanks.

Basically I don't think someone can recommend a shoe for anyone else, because they're not you. They can probably concur with some bad experiences (like my 2010 Contours which feel great for about 2 hours - 9 holes - but not so great after 4 hours)Β  I bought a pair of Contours in 2009 (brown) and they're still awesome, but I wanted a pair in black so bought a pair in 2010 and they're not even the same shoe. They're lighter, but somehow wrong. I also have a cheapo pair of Footjoy Green Joys (in luxurious faux leather) that I bought for trips to the range and they're totally awesome. I tend to wear those ones the most.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

• 4 months later...

Where can you buy these True shoes everyone is talking about?

Virtually every shoe I have ever bought for running, exercising, normal life have always been comfortable. Every golf shoe I have ever worn has hurt my feet or gives me blisters. Why can't shoe companies just make regular shoes with soft spikes on the bottom?

Ecco Biom hydromax! I normally can't get thru 14 to 15 holes before the pain in my feet gets so bad that my score suffers. Last week I walked 5 rounds on frozen fairways with my new Ecco's and nearly no pain at all, I also own a pair of True's that are also comfortable but zero heel raise does not work for me, my weight ends up way to far back, but that's just me.

Note:Β This thread is 4105 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!